ACD Direct logo
ACD Direct
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100Above average

ACD Direct Employee Reviews

Perfect Independent Agent Work

Have worked with ACD remotely for about 9 months as an independent contractor taking customer service calls for folks who listen to/watch non profit stations. There is little to no stress in this position. Management is always quick to respond to assist with calls or any aspect of the work. Since there is not the pressure to contract to a large block of time in a given month there is a pleasing level of work-life balance. However, you can work as much as you are able. Overall, I am very glad to be working with ACD and enjoy the quality of the work and the relationship between the management and agents.

Pros

Good causes, Schedulng, Communication

Cons

Software glitches

You mak e your own hours, but no guaranteed pay

If you are comfortable following a script and answering random phone calls from around the country, this is a useful filler job. However, if taking credit card information from mostly older folks and not being sure of how much you will get paid each 30minute session you make yourself available is not something you are willing to live with, then don't even try it.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Few quaranteed paid work schedules

Flexible hours with great pay and incentives.

It's been a great place to work. Flexible hours, wonderful training, wonderful support and so much more to say I just love the work-life balance that it's created in my life I wouldn't give it up for nothing.It has made my life much more stress free and enabled me to be able to be my mother's caregiver.

Pros

Flexible hours, pay, people, remote

Cons

No benefits

You are self employed. You make your own schedule.

It is one of the best self employed opportunities I have experienced. Zero benefits, but that's all you can expect from a self-employed business. You don't have to leave you home.

Pros

Self schedule

Cons

No benefits, you have to take out your own taxes, you only get paid if you are receiving a call.

Low paying, with HIGH expectations.

You're paid BY THE MINUTE for time spent on calls with people wanting to donate to a slew of non-profits. The per-minute rate generally is $0.20. Although you can boost your hourly wage with shifts that have a minimum rate that you make (say, you'll be promised to make the equivalent of 12 mins of talk time on a 30-minute shift), the expectations for quality of work and strict script adherence really help you realize that this is a gig, not a job -- and more of a last resort, at that.You might consider this company if you're transitioning to working from home for the first time, or want experience handling callers using a script.

Pros

Helps you learn how to work from home

Cons

pay, shift availability, lack of communication during on-boarding, very little support for issues that are on "their" end.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Flexible

Flexible schedule and okay pay for an at home job. good communication platforms for help with calls and pledges along with any other questions. script based

Management is great and they always are available when you need them!

I love working for ACD Direct. They value you as an employee and Management is always here for you.The training is is quick and so easy to do.The courses are also easy to do.

Pros

Can work from home anf training is easy@

Cons

Sometimes not enough hours.

Great Company

Great company to work for, you are given opportunities to advanced based on your call taking by gaining more skills which brings more call. Another good perk is during the campaigns the incentives are phenomenal

Not worth it

I contracted with ACD for over a decade. In that time the base pay for agents never went up. What was once a company that took significant pride in being the best became a company where doing the minimum was the goal.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Hard to control what you earn month to month

No Security

The atmosphere is toxic at times and people can be fake. There is no sense of security or trust in management. I enjoyed my job and some of the people, but upper management's words could not be trusted from one day to the next.There is no sense of belonging because half of the people cannot be trusted. The potential for a great company was always there, but everything changed for the worse since the founder was forced out of his own company.

Pros

Former flexible schedule, advancement at first

Cons

Low wages, no job security, dishonest management, no people management skills

Diversity with staff, team members, contractors, and clients

Ultimate Customer service experience and provides a diverse exposure to various non-profit organizations mostly focused on nonprofits such as Public Broadcasting Stations (TV) and National Public Broadcasting (Radio). Interesting and challenging work due to encountering different types of attitudes, people, and emotional highs and lows.

Pros

Set your schedule, work in 30 minute shift intervals

Cons

slow periods, paid based on talk time per minute rate.

Hard to find shifts

very hard to find openings. they required a minimum per month but there was never anything available to select from if it was not a PBS pledge drive month.

Pros

work the hours you want

Cons

if no pledge drives no calls no calls no pay.

Not all positions and departments are bad....

With my time at this company I worked as an independent contractor and later as an employee, each time in two separate departments. While in my role as an IC I enjoyed my co-workers, flexible schedule, and management. While in my role as an employee in my department, I was extremely stressed, overworked, management was slow to respond and not very helpful - unless during what they deemed as a crisis. It truly was trial by fire and a sink or swim environment. In that department you are on call 24/7/365. Be careful when asking for any help from your direct supervisor or management, you are potentially putting a target on your back. Overall, if you are considering an employee position with this company I strongly urge you to proceed with caution. Trust no one, confide in no one, request training documents up front for all duties you will be responsible for, keep your head down, get your work done, and leave on time (not occasionally, but everyday) or you will lose yourself and your mind!If you are considering an IC position and don't need to make a ton of money, then I'd say give it a whirl! Contracts are from month to month so if you don't like it then don't renew your contract.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

NO work life balance for employees

Enjoyable and flexible work environment

Great environment to work in. You can choose your work schedule, sign up for as many slots as you wish, and continue training at your own pace. They offer incentives for certain time slots. Very enjoyable job, overall.

Pros

Set your own schedule, seldom get unhappy callers, nice incentives paid

Very good company to work for.

Very good job! I have never set foot in Utah. This job was done remotely my phone. my computer, their software and their customers.. My money was deposited timely. This was a REMOTE job. My only interaction with fellow employees was during team meetings once a month. ACD always kept employees up to date on upcoming special projects and new clients to certify for,

Pros

Team Meetings kept us aware of new projects.

Cons

Not fair to their people

all about who you know here, lots of behind the scenes gossips. horrible horrible,, make a mistake then you get into trouble and they never keep their promises...

Pros

remote

Cons

no incentives and no help when needed

Ok

No hours were ever available. It was basically cases on seniority or you could use points you've earned. The systems we used were not that great either.

Work at home

Work from home flexible schedule. Not consistent full time work. I would consider this a seasonal position. During the busy drives I'm able to work what would be considered full time.

If you do not mind interacting with people this is the job for you. Takes a bit of putting up with certain individuals, but don't we do that everyday

Not all jobs allow you to pick and chose when and what times you can work. Good support staff. Wish we did have a team manager like in the past. The more you certify in different skills....the more potential to make money.

Pros

No traffic, free lunch, familiar environment and no dress code (to an extent).

Cons

No healthcare, not enough incentives (but getting so much better), some reviews are not accurate.rs are more apt to give a

It was fun but the management did not communicate well

You were never informed of changes until the last minute. No one ever met with you to go over progress. I just felt belittled. There were never offers for you to move up in the company even as a contractor.

Work From Home Position

Great job, worked from home. Supplement income. Serviced many donations and charities. Like Wounded Warriors, St. Jude ASPCA. Really fulfilling taking donations for really great causes.

Pros

Great for additional income

Cons

Not a full time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACD Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare ACD Direct with