Ace Asphalt Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work for
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Great environment to work in. The people here are great.

A lot of people are working hard on continuous improvements. Some individuals are very knowledgeable of the business, but are willing to take the time to teach you.
A career setback
manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2017
I realized after my first few days at Ace Asphalt that I had made a big mistake accepting their offer. There seemed to be a lack of trust within their main office, especially between middle managers and the executive team. The company gave more benefit of doubt to Spanish-speaking employees over English-speaking ones...and did not discourage Spanish speaking in the workplace. I resigned after about two years, and frankly, wouldn't return for any amount of money.
Pros
Compensation was above average.
Cons
Toxic office environment, micromanagement, executive arrogance.
pay is great but your replaceable
Construction/ Shop Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
Its a great place to work if you have something else your working on. This company is not loyal. They will replace you in a heartbeat. So be prepared to make moves on your own before they can lay you off when it starts to get slow/ and it will.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Startred out great but simmered
Senior Financial Analysis (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
I was hired by one CFO with a great vision and great projects but he shortly left for a better opportunity and we cycled through a couple more after him. The current CFO is hands on and desires no help with any such projects so I am stuck with not enough things to keep me busy so to keep myself busy I am faced with looking for another oipportunity or facing having my position eliminated.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No matching 401K / not enought projects to stay busy
Great company ,Excellant Benifits
Finish Blademan (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2017
Great company to work for . Front end Supervisment not so great.
healthcare is ok . you will get 40 hr wrk weeks . alot of travel. many small jobs. nothing like it was 10 + yrs ago when i was there befor .
Pros
Benifits
Cons
small jobs
Lacking management
Opperator , but did 90% of the labor as well (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2016
Miss guided and very afraid of good paving hands . If you want to work 10 hours a week it is a part time job . The more you know the less they will work you . Pay isn't bad but getting a full week in is impossible. A good place to get your feet wet and move on to a real paving outfit .. this job is a stepping stone ..
Pros
Pay?
Cons
Miss managed
Miss managed
Opperator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2016
Miss managed and a huge turnover of employee due to the lack of knowledge and the unwillingness to take advice from more experienced employees in there field . Management is Very standoffish in an verbal interaction with Employees also likes to belittle experienced employees . As if they feel threaten by them and there knowledge instead of using them for what they can do and offer to the job . This job can't even be considered partime work because 10 hours a week is not even part time . This type of work is hard enough in nature and to work for a place that management operations are as is .. This is not the place to work for any length of time .
Pros
Uniforms are available ?
Cons
No breaks and miss managed
unknown
laborer and driver (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 7, 2016
it was an alright company to work for lots of traveling and stuff i didnt like being away for long periods of time ggpkrpogjreopgrogjdfl'lkjljljlkjknm ,./lmnjbjkn
seeing how to do asphalt work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2015
being able do and learn something new. Management and co-workers were for the most part great to work with. the hardest part was dealing with the heat during the summer time. the enjoyable part was seeing the end job when we got done.
Cons
little or no breaks
'Was', at one time, a very respectable company...
Coatings foreman / CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzSeptember 2, 2014
I worked for Ace when we had an 'ethic'... Have witnessed very unprofessional attitudes and results in the final product... Very disappointed in the company as a whole and surprised that it was able to expand as much as it has with the poor care of the 'service' contracts it maintains... Much better service as a whole when it was a smaller, 'local' company...
Pros
Not any, that I have seen...
Cons
Serious lack of professional ethics and attitude on the site...
Shift manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Receive all incoming equipment repairs as the crews come in. Take all equipment repair call from the field supervisors. Create work orders per priority. Contact all vendors and order necessary parts. Schedule and supervise all shop and field mechanics. Supervise all repairs. Receive transport schedules. Divide and dispatch all transport drivers. Dispatch and divide all fuel and lube trucks. Over see all welding and fabrication project's. Close and update all work orders as completed. Maintain a safe and clean work enviroment.
Pros
Very fast pace and challenging.
Cons
Due to family, work hrs. conflicted.
not enough supervisory or people training
Lead Generation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2013
I was good at what I did, but was targeted and felt discriminated by the 28 year old junior analysis-supervisor who gave preferential treatment to the 23 year old girl who was added to the department, to the extent that my work performance started to slip and I eventually had an emotional lapse. My typical day started at 6am and for two hours worked on developing a tracker, which I took upon myself since management was not teaching me as promised. From 8am to 4pm I made calls to generate work for the company & search dead accounts for new contact information. The hardest part of working at Ace was the targeting, but the most enjoyable was working on the tracker & doing research. For the most part everyone was nice to work with. However, if they are going to put someone in a supervisory or management position they need to have extensive people training skills so they know how to manage properly and think with the correct head, like the one on their shoulders.
Cool Boss, good equipment, personnal safety equipment, and safety.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2012
Got along wiyh co-workers and superintendent. Overall operation well organize and safe operation.
Pros
cd and radio in the equipments.
Cons
bad weather and dirty water for dust control.
No life at this job.
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2012
Project Manager at Ace is a very demanding job. You will almost drown in paperwork if you don't keep up with it all. Management is very supportive and helpful if you ask for it. Co-workers are very friendly and all work for the same goal. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and people.
Pros
compensation
Cons
life and work balance
Quality oriented
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2012
Well run company. Always consistent on customer priority. Dependable and highly efficient in scheduling. Highly skilled employees.
Pros
very consistent, high quality service and product, dependable, efficient
Cons
n/a