ACE Cash Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,033 reviews matching the search See all 1,058 reviews
Not flexible at all with hrs
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2018
Good people but not flexible with hours. You have a hard time getting a day off you have to ask other workers to trade you because managers don’t really help
teller position
Center Manager/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2018
The most inconvenient job requirement is working open to close and not being able to leave from behind secured area the entire time. Also dealing with angry customers when you could not do something they were wanting you to do.
Pros
working alone and being responsible for your work area
Cons
working open to close
Great work place
Floating Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2018
Nice place to work people are always willing to help you. It a great place to advance and move up within the company. They have great employee incentive plan.
hard place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2018
cashing customer check,giving customer loans,starting customer up so they could cash there checks,making sure the customer checks would clear,customer could pay there bills
Pros
hard place to work
I enjoyed my job and my customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at ACE CASH EXPRESS .. follow my open and close procedures morning count safe and drawer make sure it balance from night before. Get loans ready that were due for that day and make reminder calls. Greet customers and ask how I may be of help or service they needed that day. We offered title loans, auto insurance, send and receive Money Gram, sell prepaid visa cards and load and withdraw from any visa card. I also sold Money Orders, sell stamps, send and receive faxes. Our main business was cashing good checks, cashiers, payroll, personal ect.. OR just a chat with a old customer that came in to say hi.
Pros
eat anytime when customers were not in store
Cons
work long hours .. from open to close sometimes12 to 13 hours a day
Company would be okay if they offered lunch breaks, you have to work 10 - 12 hours with no breaks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
Company does not allow lunch breaks, you work at centers alone and are unable to eat some days . They bounce you around whenever someone needs help, they expect you to eat food while handling money.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Liberty, OHSeptember 2, 2018
It’s a good company to work for but no advancement within the company
I feel that managers should have more responsibility with employees who run their stores.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Hectic and fast paced
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
It's not a horrible job. I just don't like the pay for the work I do. I've got to manage a store and work two registers at once. It's hectic and super fast paced. You've got to pay attention to what you do. Does make the time pass by quickly and you can earn a little extra money by selling cards.
hated it
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 30, 2018
Under paid for the amount of work done also no security for large amounts of money work alone for 12 hours a day no real training and you are responsible for no pay back on loans that they gave out
Pros
work alone so you can do as you please long as work is done
Cons
dont care about workers very unloyal
okay environment
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
this company do not allow any breaks. you have to work by yourself all day every day with more then 50-60 customers a day. Sometime you cant even use the restroom
Fast paced challenging work environment with rewarding experience
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 23, 2018
A typical day includes; Validating and cashing checks, inputting loan request loan requests for customers, sale prepaid debit cards, constant monitoring of money, and performing money gram transactions. You learn good customer service while also getting to know customers who come regularly. Management provide the tools necessary for day to day operations.
Pros
Incentives for card sales
Cons
Inflexible hours
not bad company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 23, 2018
I didn't work with the company long enough to experience anything bad. I enjoyed the time I was there. I worked alone so theres not any complaints here.
Work place
Manger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2018
It was good place to work i meet some really good workers while working there also it was a good experience for me while working there i would do it all over again because it was a great thing to do while working and the customer that came in was great also
Corporate Owned
Cash Advance Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 18, 2018
My manager was a very nice lady and hired me and another girl around the same time. We happened to both be pregnant but I was due a month sooner. I was let go the week of my delivery date and told it was due to an upper management instruction to cut hours.
ace cash express
Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  irving txAugust 18, 2018
big turn over rate. There is no growth or promotions. No diversity. However, they make sure everyone is engaged by making work fun and having activities.
loyalty
Center Manager, Duties (Former Employee) –  North Versailles, PAAugust 17, 2018
I was a center manager for 15yrs, I used to live to come to work. I had customers who were pregnant and the kids were up to the counter. I had more loyalty from my customers than I did from the company. They work 12hr days. You cannot call off, The District managers are hired every 5yrs. I appreciated Ace but Ace did';t appreciate me
Pros
works centers alone
Cons
Higher management high turnover, hires outside in, instead of the people that know the job within the company, petty toward people they do not like
Ace
Sales Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
I would highly recommend this company to a person if you can handle a fast-paced environment and like to count money. Overall though I was having issues with management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
But there’s so much more to it than just a sales Associate
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Fulton, TNAugust 8, 2018
The district manager was always very helpful and replied back with any questions needing answer very quickly. It is a good place to work and has a good environment
Fast pace work goes by fast
Customer Service rep/Teller (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 6, 2018
Like every job it had its up and downs. The scheduling was kind of okay, depending on your manager and district manager. Certain areas do get robbed more often than others.
Pros
Monthly incentives
Cons
You can get robbed and fired the next day
Productive and interesting.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 5, 2018
Productive and interesting place to work. I enjoyed the learning experience behind pay day loans and how they function in our community. The work environment was up-beat and it was exciting to see the personality of customers and being able to see that I was useful in helping them.
Pros
Learning how people are scammed all over the world.
Cons
Equipment failure due to the cable network.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACE Cash Express. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight