Ace Mart Restaurant Supply Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Senior Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
Good atmosphere; restaurant industry is fun. Good work life balance, M-F 830-530 hours and one Saturday a month or so. Fun people to work with. You'll need to be patient with advancement, as people rarely leave.
Typical day at work
Warehouse/Associate Level II/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2017
Had to get up early, worked in maintenance everyday was a different job
also worked in pull orders as well as basic receiving
and made sure i got the correct orders
Pros
light work
Cons
short breaks
great work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2017
great company people friendly great work environment took care of the employer and customer meet all needs no physically fast past team play to meet all time frames
Pros
free lunch
Cons
benifets
Job security and advancement
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2017
Horrible management no room for advancement. There is no communication with anyone in the company. Favoritism is played so much in this company. Some managers dont care about their employees. Unless you are family or know someone in corporate you have no room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Managment is horrible
Productive and Fun workplace
Accounting Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
Everyone here is part of a team. We all work together to help each other out. Business casual. On Fridays when the Spurs play we get to wear jeans and our jerseys. We may have a pot luck of some sort. Popcorn every Friday. A soda fountain and ice machine. Everyone is always bringing something from their garden to share with everyone in the kitchen. For Christmas we hold drives for toys for children that are less fortunate. Some of us will donate our time to the Children's Hunger Fund to prepare meals for families. We will also collect school supplies and backpacks for foster children. It is friendly open work environment.
The job was fun and fast paced.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
The employees and the management team were both great to work with. The schedule was also a plus with this job. the pay was a little low for the work.
A Day in the Life
SALES ASSOCIATE II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Good open communication between you and the management
-lots of down time so you must keep busy
-lots of information to learn if you put in some work
Great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2016
A lot of great associates in the stores, awesome management structure. Always in touch with all of their associates, from the owners to the regional managers on down. They do a good job of being available.
Pros
Some free lunches, 25% off associate discount
Cons
Minimal pay and outdated technology
It can get stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 20, 2016
A typical day is being on register or being on the floor helping customers out, co workers were fun to work with but there is absolutely no opportunity for advancement unless you're family of the people who own the company, they don't hire to next position from within they will literally hire someone with no experience at Ace Mart who will be getting paid more than you and be doing the same job or even less. People have been working there for years and years and many have left because the pay is low and theres not advancement opportunity no matter how of a good job you've done.
Pros
Most customers are great to deal with
Cons
No advancement opportunities
The best family owned company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2015
definitely job security wonderful place to work great employees wonderful owners one of the best management teams great environment.I enjoy it just a wonderful place never ever would have thought driving down 35 North one day looking praying for a full time job I prayed in my car God please send me a job full time with Benefits weekend off and I said I guess I better be careful what I ask God for because he gave me exactly what I wanted a full time job great benefits a great place to work and I found my place called home at a acemart love it love it love it you'll love it Too
Pros
job security strong company to invest in
Cons
better pay for warehouse workers
Sales Level II
Sales Associate II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer everyday, and leaning about the cooking equipment.
Pros
my work schedule
Cons
working on saturday
small, family company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2014
At the time I was here there were only about 225-250 employees all in Texas. There was a family atmosphere at many of the locations I visited.
Pros
few weekends, bonuses, hour lunch
Cons
advancement opportunities
Great family-owned operation and flexible schedule
Internet Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I currently am an internet sales representative, and my daily duties include:
Managing all online orders to include live chat room discussions
Managing and fulfilling all government orders
Inventory control
Coordination of deliveries
Handling of inter-store transfers
Coordination of employee training
Building of displays
Relationship building with key accounts

I am proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Google-search, strong customer service skills. I have learned to not just solve customer's problem and questions, but to build relationships with customers that I come in contact with. The managers that I have been under at Ace Mart have supported me in growing at Ace Mart, but the turnover for management positions is very low. I really enjoy the people that I work with. Everyone may say it, but I work with an incredible team, and get along great with my fellow associates. The hardest part of my job is remaining patient with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexible schedule, that allows for family time on the weekends
Pros
flexible schedule, no weekends, good management, growing company
Cons
salary, and job advancement
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJune 1, 2013
I worked here for almost 3 years. The people I worked with were like my family. There was room for advancement
Pros
we held parties
Cons
had to move to Maryland, so I had to quit
Overall a good company to work for
Warehouse Lead/Warehouse Administration (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2012
The hours were 8:30 to 5:30 with one hour lunch. The job was not very stressful most of the time. It was a small (under 500 employees), family-owned and oriented company. A couple of the managers can be difficult on the employees they manage.
Pros
stable company, decent hours, bonues twice a year, family atmosphere
Cons
had to work very few weekends, regional manager was a micromanager, not very many career advancement oppourtunities
Great Family Owned Company
Equipment Specialist, B2B Heavy (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 9, 2012
The owning family treats their employees like family. great people from top to bottom. Relaxed culture.
Cons
saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ace Mart Restaurant Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Ace Mart Restaurant Supply Reviews by Location