Acelero Learning Employee Reviews

great staff
Classroom Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2018
The staff is wonderful, Every one has a great sense of humor, easy going, the students are super sweet, easy laid back, the staff are caring, and supportive.
Cut throat Director of Family/Health Services -
Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 29, 2018
Director of Family and Health Advocates does not follow the Head Start Standards and do not care about the children, staff, and families. They hold onto files during enrollment way too long and blame the advocates. Working with these dishonest people was stressful to the max. I would never ever refer anyone to work for them.
Pros
Many of those I worked with are awesome people.
Cons
Management is cheaters, liars and willing to do inappropriate things to get rid of you.

Comment – August 8, 2018

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your feedback is invaluable to our growth as an organization. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so I'm disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact the Director of HR by emailing hr@shineearly.com so that you can set up a time to talk.

Good company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
Acelero Learning definitely enhanced my teaching and observation skills. I also was able to successfully conduct home visits and parent teacher conferences. Acelero would be an even better company if there was more opportunity for advancement.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your teaching skills have developed while with working with us and serving our children and families. As a current employee, I would encourage you to speak with your manager about your goals and the action steps you can take to grow. We have a Teacher Tier program based on qualifications, seniority, and performance, with opportunities to become a Resource Teacher and potentially future leadership roles such as Assistant Center Director or Center Director. You are also always welcome to speak with HR at 702-387-0179.

Good experience and good pay.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 24, 2018
Great experience with hands on experience. If you can work with the children and management, you can make it any child care atmosphere or environment.
July 9, 2018

We are glad you are having a good experience and find the salary appropriate. We encourage you to lend your feedback to your manager, as well as participate in our employee opinion survey at that time. You may also call HR at 414-716-5669 to share more about your experience. Thank you for your continued service and dedication.

Enjoyed working here
Family Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 29, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Acelero and was sad to leave when I did. I worked with a very supportive team and my manager was amazing. I loved my clients and worked hard to ensure they had their needs met. There was room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Great Team, Free Trainings, Supported, Clients
Cons
Low Pay
June 7, 2018

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience! We strive to support our employees and provide training to both staff and managers to create a cohesive, collaborative, and effective work environment. We are all here for the children and families we serve and to make a valuable impact on their lives.
Although we operate on a fixed budget, we are committed to continually finding ways to increase pay for staff. The work we do every day to contribute to our mission of closing the achievement gap is by far the most rewarding. Thank you for your service and dedication.

Lack of children supervision, unclean classroom environment.
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
Children aren't engaging in age-appropriate activities. Broken classroom sink where the children couldn't wash their hands. The children were served sour fruit cups as if they sat out all night long where the children could have gotten sick. Very unacceptable
Cons
Unclean environment
May 8, 2018

Our curriculum is based on research to drive positive outcomes for the children we serve. We have safety and facility standards that we abide by. If there is ever an issue, we have a work ticket system to mediate inquiries quickly. ​We follow CACFP policies and procedures, maintain satisfactory state and local sanitation standards and strive to have all kitchen staff ServSafe certified. We would like to learn more about your concerns and investigate as needed. Please reach out to our HR Department at 215-235-3196.

Challenging (in a good way) with lots of opportunity for advancement!
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 12, 2018
This is a good company to work for - they do their research and really try their best to make a positive difference in the lives of the families they serve and their staff. The pay isn’t great but most non-profit-ish jobs don’t pay well. Benefits are good and opportunity for growth is great.
Pros
Pto, holidays, 401k, insurance, lots of growth and advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay
May 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are proud to offer a great paid time off structure to our employees, as it is well deserved! When you work as hard as we do to close the achievement gap, you need some valuable time off to recharge.
As a Head Start program, we are funded by the federal grant and are committed to utilizing those dollars as efficiently as possible to serve the employees, children and families with the highest standards of excellence. Thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to our mission! ​

Acelero Learning Center
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 6, 2018
I love working at acelero learning I don't have any complaints I enjoy working with their team. I got good things to say I love the teachers and the professional care the provide for the children's
March 13, 2018

We are glad to hear you enjoy working with us! Thank you for contributing to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families we serve.

Worst Employer Ever
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Does not treat employees fairly and higher management lies alot and does not support you. You get in trouble for other doings and it is alot of favorites.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Off holidays, Off weekends
Cons
Everything else
February 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer good pay and great benefits for our industry, in addition to 4-5 weeks of paid time off, like you mentioned. We are rapidly growing, as we are the largest Early Head Start recipient in the country. We pride ourselves on having higher gains for children and families​ ​than the national average for Head Start. We have a system to support staff by providing the training, tools and coaching they need. We have an extensive orientation and onboarding training plan, as well as the ongoing Coaching Partnership Agreement. ​Our leadership team has made great strides in the last few months to build a strong team at our Henderson location #hendersonheroes. It is our aim to provide excellence to the children and families we serve, which begins with qualified and caring staff. To share more of your experience, please reach out to the HR Department at ​702-387-0139.

Toxic working environment
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Very often the other teachers were catty with each other due to being so stressed. The management was sloppy when it came to having an united front with other management staff. Which lead to public unprofessional debates amongst themselves. The management often used intimidation as a tactic to keep order and never had any consistency when it came to anything for example teacher paperwork, team building, moral, or meetings etc or anything of that nature. Therefore lead to unhappy, overworked, and often time confused teachers.
Pros
Good pay great benefits
Cons
Terrible work place, very toxic
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer good pay and great benefits for our industry. We are rapidly growing, as we are the largest Early Head Start recipient in the country. We are thrilled to have a larger impact. We pride ourselves on having higher gains for children and families​ ​than the national average for Head Start. We have a system to set all staff up for success by providing the training, tools and support they need. We have an extensive orientation and onboarding training plan, as well as the ongoing Coaching Partnership Agreement. ​We are also investing in making for a strong workplace, including the Leadership Workshop Series for our Management staff.

Hard part of new hires
Lead Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
High turnover rate, management changes alot. No training provided, you are put into a classroom and are not trained on paperwork that is required for the job.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Short breaks
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with us​. ​​I'm sorry to hear about your experience. ​We are hard at work competing with the marketplace. In the last year, our turnover rate has decreased by 13%. We look forward to our ongoing improvement in this area. We have a 3 day orientation process and a Teacher Onboarding plan. Our goal is to set our employees up for success so they can provide the children and families with the highest quality services. ​I encourage you to speak with your manager and the HR department regarding your concerns, as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. We ​continue to strive ​towards ​our mission of closing the achievement gap which is no small feat. Thank you for your contribution to this effort.

Professional and great company to work for
Family Service (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Shine Early is a great company with good benefits. The atmosphere is friendly. Management is fair and there is opportunity for advancement. I have seen many people move up in the company.
Pros
team buildings, positive work environment
January 8, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We value your thoughts, and of course, your service to the children and families we serve. Please tell your network about our opportunities as you know what it takes to be successful here and we have a great Employee Referral program as well! Ask HR if you have any questions. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Stressful, High demanding, managers with a lack of knowledge
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 30, 2017
Good pay, benefits, and paid time off. Highly stressful environment while being micromanaged by various people with no background in field. High turnover rate.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, turnover rate
Decide for yourself
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 23, 2017
I don't have to tell you anything. The turnover rate speaks for itself. I will tell at the one center I was at lost 20 staff members in a 14 month period and that includes 3 directors. Dont get me wrong the benefits are great so as an individual you have to decide if it is worth it. As for atmosphere. My advice is before you apply go visit a center in the city you are looking. As soon as you walk in look around and see how many staff members are smiling.
Pros
Vacation time/Healthcare
Cons
No support for teaching staff.
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback​ and I'll be sure to pass this along to our Director of Education regarding the concern about support. ​​We strive to set our employees up for success in their role so they can best serve the children and families in the program. In regards to turnover, unfortunately, we are competing against higher salaries and benefits of the district and other educational organizations.​ Despite this, we are happy to say that we decreased our turnover rate by 13% in the last year.​ Our employees have to be truly dedicated to our mission and making a difference in the lives of children and families everyday. I'd encourage you to speak further about your experience with our HR Department. You may call 262-456-2054. Thank you.

Comment – March 21, 2018

Oh and don't let them tell you the turnover rate is improving. The turnover rate my be reduced but that is because the number of classrooms is reduced. There are centers that have only 3 rooms so yeah the rate is lower. You cant lose teachers if they aren't there to start with.

very fun and family oreinted
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2017
great place to educate your children. Very organized and energetic helpful work place. Acelero truly cares about the children engaging in their learnig. They keep them safe and active but also learnin. Very family oriented there.
January 2, 2018

Thank you for your positive energy and feedback! We surely do care about the children in our care and also the families, and of course, the staff, that make our child and family outcomes what they are (above the national average for Head Start programs). Thank you!

Wonderful coworkers and rewarding job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 28, 2017
I was in charge of providing the children with a safe , age- appropriate activities that stimulated their learning.

My coworkers were/are wondering women that truly care for the children and love them dearly.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the children grow and reach their milestones . Plus working with such great coworkers .
Pros
fun enviroment, flexible schedule
Cons
lack of hours
January 2, 2018

Thank you for your positive words! We're so glad you enjoy working with us and serving our children and families, and truly making a difference in their lives.
We are looking for a full time Substitute Teacher for Monmouth County, to be called in as needed to our various locations in Monmouth. If you are interested, please speak with your manager and apply internally. Thank you!

Company lacks to meet the needs of children and families
10.5 Month Lead Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2017
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Perks are great, but the work is complicated on so many levels. Staff turnover is very high including management and teachers. Program is too complex for the children they serve.
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding ​your ​employment with us​. ​​I'm sorry you find our protocol complicated and complex. We pride ourselves on making great gains for the children and families in our program and that is no easy task. We have outcomes greater than the national average for Head Start. You can be sure you are truly making a difference with the work that you do everyday. I encourage you to speak with your manager and/or our HR Department about your experience as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. You may call 262-456-2054 to speak with HR. Thank you​.​​​

Challenging
Health and Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2017
Rich place to work with multi diversity populations, working with low household income families is rewarding and challenging, overall a great place to build a relationship with families and promote education to the community.
Pros
Great team building, high learning environment.
Cons
High stress
January 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of the team and for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us. Please be sure to utilize our Employee Assistance Program and of course, your paid breaks and time off for valuable mental health days. We appreciate your contribution to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families served by the program.

Poor Work Environment
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
Poor Management
Lack of support for challenges
Workplace culture is amazing, everyone is friendly and willing to help you. Newer staff made the decision to leave easier. The hardest part of the job was not having the proper support. Management moved teachers around to staff a new school and left the older schools understaffed and underfunded. It was disappointing because I loved my job.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Insurance, Good Pay, Great Work Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Little to no Support
January 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience with your environment and coworkers. Regarding your concerns, I would encourage you to speak further with HR so we can learn more as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. You may call HR at 702-387-0179.

Poor management and unsafe work environment. Has Mice!
ERSEA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
The employees tend to stick together within the company, however dislike for management is evident in employee morale, parent interaction, and attendance. It was as if a tornado blew threw the building everyday due to poor training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acelero Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight