Acelero Learning Employee Reviews

Frequent changes
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2019
There are so many changes to procedures, rules, policies that happen on a frequent basis.Often changes come from management that do not work with the children in the classroom everyday
Acelero is driven by the data from teacher observations, assessments, that those reports show how they are important to their mission statement.
Reality is, a Teacher will spend at least an hour and a half putting assessments and observations in the system.Often your planning time consists of training's, meetings and Daily breakdown of internet access, which then delays the input of data and it becomes frustrating to meet the deadlines set. Computers should be available to classroom staff for both teachers.Often teachers will buy a computer to get their work done .If this data input is required then
Acelero should go out of their way to ensure that the work can be done with laptops that can access the internet all the time.
I would like to comment on a reply to an employee made by Acelero, is that employees receive paid breaks.
That is not true.You will be lucky to use the bathroom.Breaks are happening after 2:00 p.m.and that's not beneficial to teaching staff who are in the room all day with half the class having special needs.
Please, please , make your assessment data input more concise, treasure your teaching staff, help them to want to stay at Acelero
Pros
School breaks through the year
Cons
practice what you preach
January 17, 2019

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and your work in our program.

We hear you and have heard from other teachers that are also concerned about the volume of time required to stay on top of assessment data entry. Based on this feedback we have recently rolled out a greatly streamlined assessment process for Head Start classrooms that frees up our teaching staff to spend more time interacting with the children and use their planning time for planning and professional development rather than data entry. We are working on similar updates to our Early Head Start assessment requirements, and we hope to have a streamlined process for Early Head Start teachers soon as we work to expand successful pilots over the next year.

We also strive to ensure that our employees have the tools that they need including supplying tablets and/or computers for each classroom with wireless internet. We recommend speaking with your Center Director directly about your classroom technology needs so we can solve any challenges that there might be.

We do provide paid breaks to our teachers across our network. If there is a particular challenge at your center, we would like to hear from you so we can support you and other employees. You can either speak with your Center Director or contact HR.

Finally, thank you for pointing our robust time off policy. First-year full-time teaching staff receive about 30 paid days off in their first year including PTO, Holiday Pay, and Seasonal Breaks. The longer an employee works with us the more PTO they receive including eventually a paid sabbatical.

stressful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 12, 2018
stressful environment, people there are two face they lead you on and then get rid of good employees for not a good cause. they hire people that are not even a fit to work there
January 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize that it takes hard work to achieve our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families served by our program.

We appreciate all that our employees do and want to provide a great work environment. For us to improve, we would love to hear more about your experience and ideas to improve and encourage you to contact our HR Department directly to share more details.

The curriculum for Closing the achievement gap is something that they are passionate about. Other than that not a good place to work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  NavadaDecember 1, 2018
I have never worked with such unprofessional people, starting with upper management. You just don't know who to trust, they were all hypocrites. There were no structure in the work place. Upper management needs lots of changes and they need to listen to their employees concerns. There have been lots of turn over due to management. If you do not participate in gossip and rubbing elbows with management you become the bad guy. It's time for an overhaul at Acelero NV...."New York."
Pros
Wirking with the families
Cons
Poor management, they only look out for themselves.
December 11, 2018

We appreciate that you mentioned the strong curriculum and our efforts in closing the achievement gap. One of our core values is open communication. Our leadership teams make frequent center visits and we also conduct employee surveys. We do listen and take action based on the feedback from our employees. You are welcome to provide additional feedback to our HR department at any time. We wish you future success in your endeavors.

Average place to work at
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2018
Working with Acelero Learning taught me a lot. I met some great people and some not so good people as well. The most I enjoyed working at Acelero is teaching the kids.
November 20, 2018

We are glad to hear you learned a lot by working with us. Acelero strives to offer relevant training and certification support for all employees interested in career advancement. Thank you for contributing to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families we serve.

Challenging place
Family Engagement Advocate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2018
It's not a bad place to work however, there is some challenges. The people that are in the high positions don't really see all the work that the employees really do which makes you feel unappreciated, even when thy try to fix it. My coworkers are great but its a lot of work in a short amount of time.
Pros
Benefits, vacations
Cons
Stressful, a lot of work
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your important feedback. We recognize that it takes hard work to achieve our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families served by the program. We appreciate all that our employees do and want to get better at ensuring that they know it as well! For us to improve, we would love to hear more about your experience and ideas to restructure your work day/work load and encourage you to call the HR Department directly to share more details.

Thank you for noting our strong benefits package and time off. We have frozen health care premium cost for employees two years in a row and added free accident insurance as well. Even first-year employees receive about a month of paid time off between paid holidays, paid winter, spring, and summer breaks, and PTO.

Great for the children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2018
NHO too much information at once and many things are self taught. The mission is great and inspiring. The company continues growing but too fast. Every new building needs more time to prepare properly.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Short breaks
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We do have a system to support staff by providing the training, tools and coaching they need. Part of that program includes an extensive orientation and onboarding training plan, as well as the ongoing Coaching Partnership Agreement. It is our aim to provide excellence to the children and families we serve, which begins with qualified and caring staff. To share more of your experience, please reach out to our HR Department.

great staff
Classroom Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2018
The staff is wonderful, Every one has a great sense of humor, easy going, the students are super sweet, easy laid back, the staff are caring, and supportive.
August 20, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback and are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience while contributing to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for our children and families! Thank you!

Work Place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2018
It is a really nice place to work at. The environment is very team oriented and comfortable. Everyone gets along with everyone. Overall it is a great place to work.

Comment – August 8, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We hope you're gaining valuable tools and resources as you serve the children and families. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to our mission!

Cut throat Director of Family/Health Services -
Health Advocate (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 29, 2018
Director of Family and Health Advocates does not follow the Head Start Standards and do not care about the children, staff, and families. They hold onto files during enrollment way too long and blame the advocates. Working with these dishonest people was stressful to the max. I would never ever refer anyone to work for them.
Pros
Many of those I worked with are awesome people.
Cons
Management is cheaters, liars and willing to do inappropriate things to get rid of you.

Comment – August 8, 2018

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your feedback is invaluable to our growth as an organization. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees, so I'm disappointed to hear about some of your experiences.

If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact the Director of HR by emailing hr@shineearly.com so that you can set up a time to talk.

Good company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
Acelero Learning definitely enhanced my teaching and observation skills. I also was able to successfully conduct home visits and parent teacher conferences. Acelero would be an even better company if there was more opportunity for advancement.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your teaching skills have developed while with working with us and serving our children and families. As a current employee, I would encourage you to speak with your manager about your goals and the action steps you can take to grow. We have a Teacher Tier program based on qualifications, seniority, and performance, with opportunities to become a Resource Teacher and potentially future leadership roles such as Assistant Center Director or Center Director. You are also always welcome to speak with HR at 702-387-0179.

Want to know more about Acelero Learning?

Ask a question
Good experience and good pay.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 24, 2018
Great experience with hands on experience. If you can work with the children and management, you can make it any child care atmosphere or environment.
July 9, 2018

We are glad you are having a good experience and find the salary appropriate. We encourage you to lend your feedback to your manager, as well as participate in our employee opinion survey at that time. You may also call HR at 414-716-5669 to share more about your experience. Thank you for your continued service and dedication.

Enjoyed working here
Family Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 29, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Acelero and was sad to leave when I did. I worked with a very supportive team and my manager was amazing. I loved my clients and worked hard to ensure they had their needs met. There was room for advancement within the company.
Pros
Great Team, Free Trainings, Supported, Clients
Cons
Low Pay
June 7, 2018

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience! We strive to support our employees and provide training to both staff and managers to create a cohesive, collaborative, and effective work environment. We are all here for the children and families we serve and to make a valuable impact on their lives.
Although we operate on a fixed budget, we are committed to continually finding ways to increase pay for staff. The work we do every day to contribute to our mission of closing the achievement gap is by far the most rewarding. Thank you for your service and dedication.

Lack of children supervision, unclean classroom environment.
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
Children aren't engaging in age-appropriate activities. Broken classroom sink where the children couldn't wash their hands. The children were served sour fruit cups as if they sat out all night long where the children could have gotten sick. Very unacceptable
Cons
Unclean environment
May 8, 2018

Our curriculum is based on research to drive positive outcomes for the children we serve. We have safety and facility standards that we abide by. If there is ever an issue, we have a work ticket system to mediate inquiries quickly. ​We follow CACFP policies and procedures, maintain satisfactory state and local sanitation standards and strive to have all kitchen staff ServSafe certified. We would like to learn more about your concerns and investigate as needed. Please reach out to our HR Department at 215-235-3196.

Challenging (in a good way) with lots of opportunity for advancement!
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 12, 2018
This is a good company to work for - they do their research and really try their best to make a positive difference in the lives of the families they serve and their staff. The pay isn’t great but most non-profit-ish jobs don’t pay well. Benefits are good and opportunity for growth is great.
Pros
Pto, holidays, 401k, insurance, lots of growth and advancement opportunities
Cons
Pay
May 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are proud to offer a great paid time off structure to our employees, as it is well deserved! When you work as hard as we do to close the achievement gap, you need some valuable time off to recharge.
As a Head Start program, we are funded by the federal grant and are committed to utilizing those dollars as efficiently as possible to serve the employees, children and families with the highest standards of excellence. Thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to our mission! ​

Acelero Learning Center
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 6, 2018
I love working at acelero learning I don't have any complaints I enjoy working with their team. I got good things to say I love the teachers and the professional care the provide for the children's
March 13, 2018

We are glad to hear you enjoy working with us! Thank you for contributing to our mission of closing the achievement gap and building a better future for the children and families we serve.

Worst Employer Ever
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Does not treat employees fairly and higher management lies alot and does not support you. You get in trouble for other doings and it is alot of favorites.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Off holidays, Off weekends
Cons
Everything else
February 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer good pay and great benefits for our industry, in addition to 4-5 weeks of paid time off, like you mentioned. We are rapidly growing, as we are the largest Early Head Start recipient in the country. We pride ourselves on having higher gains for children and families​ ​than the national average for Head Start. We have a system to support staff by providing the training, tools and coaching they need. We have an extensive orientation and onboarding training plan, as well as the ongoing Coaching Partnership Agreement. ​Our leadership team has made great strides in the last few months to build a strong team at our Henderson location #hendersonheroes. It is our aim to provide excellence to the children and families we serve, which begins with qualified and caring staff. To share more of your experience, please reach out to the HR Department at ​702-387-0139.

Toxic working environment
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Very often the other teachers were catty with each other due to being so stressed. The management was sloppy when it came to having an united front with other management staff. Which lead to public unprofessional debates amongst themselves. The management often used intimidation as a tactic to keep order and never had any consistency when it came to anything for example teacher paperwork, team building, moral, or meetings etc or anything of that nature. Therefore lead to unhappy, overworked, and often time confused teachers.
Pros
Good pay great benefits
Cons
Terrible work place, very toxic
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer good pay and great benefits for our industry. We are rapidly growing, as we are the largest Early Head Start recipient in the country. We are thrilled to have a larger impact. We pride ourselves on having higher gains for children and families​ ​than the national average for Head Start. We have a system to set all staff up for success by providing the training, tools and support they need. We have an extensive orientation and onboarding training plan, as well as the ongoing Coaching Partnership Agreement. ​We are also investing in making for a strong workplace, including the Leadership Workshop Series for our Management staff.

Hard part of new hires
Lead Early Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
High turnover rate, management changes alot. No training provided, you are put into a classroom and are not trained on paperwork that is required for the job.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Short breaks
January 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with us​. ​​I'm sorry to hear about your experience. ​We are hard at work competing with the marketplace. In the last year, our turnover rate has decreased by 13%. We look forward to our ongoing improvement in this area. We have a 3 day orientation process and a Teacher Onboarding plan. Our goal is to set our employees up for success so they can provide the children and families with the highest quality services. ​I encourage you to speak with your manager and the HR department regarding your concerns, as we are constantly trying to improve our processes and collaborative relationships. We ​continue to strive ​towards ​our mission of closing the achievement gap which is no small feat. Thank you for your contribution to this effort.

Professional and great company to work for
Family Service (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Shine Early is a great company with good benefits. The atmosphere is friendly. Management is fair and there is opportunity for advancement. I have seen many people move up in the company.
Pros
team buildings, positive work environment
January 8, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We value your thoughts, and of course, your service to the children and families we serve. Please tell your network about our opportunities as you know what it takes to be successful here and we have a great Employee Referral program as well! Ask HR if you have any questions. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Stressful, High demanding, managers with a lack of knowledge
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 30, 2017
Good pay, benefits, and paid time off. Highly stressful environment while being micromanaged by various people with no background in field. High turnover rate.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acelero Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight