Acentia Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Acentia
Tier 2 Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 20, 2018
Without a doubt Acentia was the best company I have ever worked for. They regularly met with teams to keep us informed of contract status along with regularly planned after work activities. It never felt that they were more concerned about the Company profit margin over the staff that was performing on the Contract.
Pros
Employee recognition, employee perks.
Cons
Lost Contract
Good small company to work with
CR Coordinator, IRS Contract (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 16, 2018
Acentia is one of the good smaller companies that was growing faster in the IT industry by excellent strategic decisions. I am not sure if the company still exist or sold off.
Strong Culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 6, 2017
Company treats their employees really well. I enjoy the lunch technical meeting every 2 weeks. I gained a lot of experience and confidence working for Acentia.
Learning experience
Junior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
Accelerated career growth from desktop support to System Administrator while I was there. Overall it was a good environment for learning to take your career to next level.
Company is great, but contract position can be difficult
Video Teleconference Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 17, 2017
The company is great with decent benefits and company functions.

Depending on the contract, especially with a very large customer, one find themselves having to work with a competitor is not happy about losing to Acentia. With a smaller customer you usually don't have that problem.
Pros
great corporate culture
Nice Employer to Work For & Great Locations
Technical Support Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2015
I enjoy(ed) being employed here. Pay is decent. The locations are nice.

I cannot attest to much more than this. The contract that I worked on involved daily contact with very few people. These people I found pleasant and the atmosphere at work was wonderful.
Poor recognition of employees' accomplishments
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 29, 2015
Promises of salary raise were never fulfilled. Management does not show it cares for its employees. Training was not provided to its employees.
Pros
Cons
Cheap company
Great Environment
Business Analyst/Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2015
A great environment to learn and grow in different careers. Respectful co workers and enough incentives to keep employees engaged.
Sandra Trevino
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2015
Work Experience:

Over 20 years’ experience in Computer Installation Analysis/Support, this includes troubleshooting hardware/software problems, training of software, installation of hardware/software and providing support.
Network Engineer (Acentia) Network Engineer provides design, implementation, support, and management of complex networks. This position entails leadership in the design of future networks as the organization relocates to a new state of the art data center facility in support of our Client's project. Network Engineer will be actively involved in analyzing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
System-CHCS Specialist (SAIC) Provide technical assistance to Composite Health Care System (CHCS) end users. Responsible for the daily monitoring of CHCS system performance, responsible for technical diagnosis of network hardware problems, responsible for installation and configuration of various CHCS devices and network hardware. Maintains existing network hardware and designs network solutions for increasing end user capacity. Provide emergency after hour’s on-call assistance for emergent CHCS system
  more... and network problems. Monitor local CHCS trouble ticket database and resolves customer issues. Under minimal supervision, manages the overall installation and maintenance of CHCS hardware on a daily basis. Monitor overall system performance. Oversee daily operations of system at the customer site to ensure system availability. Assist in troubleshooting LAN/WAN network communications infrastructure hardware. Works independently in providing second level advanced support to computer users with questions regarding computer use, applications software, data file access, data communications, and other technical problems. Handles a variety of complex problems in software applications or platforms such as data communication, client-server development, dial-up configuration or network connectivity.
Technical Support Specialist, (SAIC) Conducted System Network Protection studies and utilizes the study to determine the software requirements. When necessary assist the LAN specialist in downloading the IOS to the router.

Deployment Engineer, (SAIC) Responsibilities involved within the Department of Defense (DOD) CHCSII Local Area Network (LAN) site survey project. This project consist of locating sites existing Satellite Equipment Area (SEA) Communication Rooms and determining whether expansion of equipment (electronic and installation) is required.

Deployment Specialist, (SAIC) as Deployment Specialist for the (NMS) involved knowledge and skill in networking and UNIX. Must be able to setup and configure hard drives interface Protocols, router, hubs and installation and communication software or patches deem necessary for the site to include the Y2k patches.

System Installation Specialist, (SAIC) Responsibilities involved in the deployment of the Defense Occupational Health Readiness System- Hearing Conservation DOHRS-HC sites. This entailed working with Windows NT 4.0 platforms and the MA 1000 system. Install ADS Database Server Upgrade. This entailed SCO UNIX knowledge and Informix knowledge. This required basic HP-UX knowledge and System Setup and configuration; knowledge of Networking and loading software/patches was essential. Installed Ambulatory Data System (ADS) in various World-Wide Air Force hospitals. This entailed hardware installations on-site, site-specific customization of hardware configuration, require knowledge of general communication principals (i.e. TCP/IP, LAT, and Office Automation LAN). Install Business Objects in various military sites.
Will not advance
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 1, 2015
In the company will not let you advance, no pay raises, and loss of contracts.

The hardest part in company was lack of communication.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Manangement
Over all very good
Senior SQL DBA and Developer (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Very good as a work place.
Management good
Co worker very good.
deadline meet.
work as a team.
Good
good
Productive and Fun Place
Senior Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Acentia, LLC provides technology and management solutions to federal government and commercial markets. The company offers modernization solutions, such as cloud computing, consolidation, collaboration, social media, mobility and telework, software development, data analytics, business process management and engineering, and identity and access management; and management solutions, including administration and logistics, system and operations support, information technology (IT).
I love to work Acentia.My all co-worker are excellent.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 14, 2014
Really good benefits, tuition reimbursement is excellent. They have also been really flexible with my schedule which helps my home/work life balance.

In my personal experience, middle management can leave a lot to be desired, and leadership can be questionable.

Sometimes the best leaders are not your top sales people or middle management puppets.
A very productive and fun place to work.
Systems Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 25, 2014
My day at work was generally enjoyable. The work was challenging and the day to day contact with my superiors and peers was always positive.
I learned a freat deal about most of the aspects of the responsibilities of a Test Analyst and also a graet deal about the Depoertment Of Education which this project supports.
Management on this project was very effective, up to date with the way they treated their employees very fair in their evaluations and positive and helpful in providing.
Very few to almost no complaint with difficult co-workers. Most all were easy to work with and get along with.
Because this was such a positive and pleasant place to be employed it is difficult to point out any difficulties when evaluating this job.
Just coming to work each day.
Pros
Having the option of working remotely when necessary. Benefits. Communication.
Worked 12 years
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 7, 2014
Very professional. Support DoD Medical Treatment Facilities and Wounded warriors program
No concern for Contractors
Senior Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 30, 2014
Worked here for 5 years. Ok job with ok pay and benefits. Worked with good people at this site. Over the 5 years the pay never increased but the out of pocket for employees for benefits went up. Was then told doing great job, continue doing it, but at substantial pay cut.

Received phone call from an assistant and then a letter 3 days later that said I had to responded the same day if I wanted to keep job.

Called it grocery wages because I would now make the same pay at local grocery store.

Others at this site and the other sites across the county were treated to pay cuts and many are looking for other jobs. So, will be more openings here for people with great experience who will accept low wages.

Company is expanding too fast with no control. I believe their goal is to expand and sell the company with a big profit for those at the top with no reward to those at the bottom for hard work.

Their website talks about how well they take care of their employees, but in my opinion is just "smoke and mirrors" based on my experience.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No advancement potential of any kind.
Company Review
Deskside Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 28, 2014
This was a great company to work for. 80% of the work was resolving end user issues. The work environment was healthy and conducive to team building. The unity and the assistance provide by team members were excellent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping end users resolve technical issues.
Great Company
Enterprise Architect- Technical Standards (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 15, 2014
Great Company to work for. The people are great. The working environment is quiet. The management style is relaxed.
1 star is generous
Senior Materiel Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 10, 2014
When I first started here, the benefits were great, the pay was good for responsibilities and expectations. Morale was high.
They went through a large merger and everything went to garbage. The management is poor. Employees outside the corporate office are disrespected at best. Communication is horrible.
Our team responsibilities have increased significantly, pleasing the customer and for our hard work and customer service Acentia was less than considerate when they gave us 3 days notice to our severe salary cuts or loose our jobs. No consideration for years of experience or longevity were given.

If this was my first job it would be an ok stepping stone for experience.
Pros
Interesting work environment with many opportunities to branch into other areas
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2013
Worked for Acentia in 3 main different roles during my time. All in all the people were very enjoyable and supportive. The work environment did change once a merger had occurred in the corporate office. At this time I moved onto a off site contract I found there was always a possibility to change roles and they really do promote within.