ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services) Employee Reviews

Under-involved supervisors in a stressful work environment
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2019
I worked at ACES a bit over a year ago. I had a training, which involved learned about HIPAA compliance and the application of ABA therapy. Where the training failed was in hands-on experience. I was thrown into situations and left with minimal to no (most of the time no) supervision. If you do not already know what you are doing, this job will be very stressful. On the plus side though, the fellow RBTs were very nice and very very helpful.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Lack to sufficient supervision and training
Love this place
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAMarch 15, 2019
If you have good clients families that don’t cancel then you can make your money but if you have families that tend to cancel it’s kind of hard I love it here
Pros
Environment
Cons
Cancels
learning center to inhome
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 6, 2019
More supervision when working with in-home clients. Great 40 hour training session to start with during your first week. Would have liked more hours they only had part-time as they didn't have clients in Denver
Great company to work for
Behavior Technician ACES (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 6, 2019
Worked at the K through 8th grade school.I enjoyed the job,work environment was controlled by great management and very good co workers.Great training for all employees.
Pros
Good team work, Good co workers, very good management, good salary
Horrible Management
REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2019
The management encourages you to advance, but when you try, there is no support. Management is unprofessional and they lack communication between themselves and the RBT. They do not help you understand the field better and they don't help exapand on the knowledge of ABA past the training. Some of the BCBA's play favorites and other BCBA's don't seem to know what they are talking about in reference to ABA. Overall, this company just doesn't offer a lot of support, especially from the BCBA's. If you want growth and opportunity, this is not the company to work for.
Pros
Initial Training is excellent and prepares you for the test
Cons
Terrible managment
Fun flexible work environment
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 19, 2019
Dedicated employees within the administrative and leadership levels. Great quality assurance and compliance and healthcare experience. Strong dedication from clinical staff.
Great Company with low hours
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2019
ACES is a great company that provides excellent training, professional conduct, and supportive supervisors. Also, the clients you get to work with are amazing and fun.
However, the hours are very low at 15-20 a week. There is little to no room to grow in the company or increase hours without becoming a supervisor. This is disappointing as I enjoy working there but the hours are not enough to live comfortably on. Also, be prepared to spend the majority of your time working independently without any coworkers. Oftentimes you will be in a client's home rather than in the clinic. This can become lonely.
Pros
Fun clients, supportive supervisors, rewarding environments
Cons
Low hours, no room for growth, work alone majority of the time
Fun and great environment
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Supervisors were great and others who helped with the training process. The iPad programs they use for sessions are much more convenient compared to paper data. My only complaint is the number of hours and how long you have to wait to receive a fair amount of hours. I was patient and was able to get on with subcases for the meantime. Lower pay, too, compared to other ABA companies. Other than those, the job culture is great and I enjoy coming into the offices.
Great Company
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I love working here, management is awesome and the company overall is really great and understanding as well. I never had a company that was so accommodating like ACES
I liked it
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2018
Good company would have stayed with them but returned to school full-time to complete my M.S. in ABA. They have flexabile scheduling, good benefits, good training, and room for growth.
Pros
They have there own facility
Cons
nothing
Has changed
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Northford, CTDecember 17, 2018
When I first started working at ACES the pay and benefits were great however things have changed. Not really much room to advance. Low staffed lately and stressed out.
Good
Medical Insurance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2018
ACES is a good place to work, you can learn a lot about mental health and it is a good place if you want to get your foot in the door to become a BCBA.
It's just a good entry level job to get experience
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2018
The culture here is very clique-y and being a behavioral interventionist (BI) is stressful and there isn't enough support from supervisors. There is too often a lack of communication so BIs drive to client's homes even though the session was cancelled. This company also does not compensate their employees enough (hourly pay rate is too low, no benefits if you aren't working full time) considering the strenuousness of the work they do. It's a great job if you're still living at home with your parents and just need some extra spending money - this is not a job you can live off of. People say the hours are flexible, but they are not: most hours are for afternoon and evenings because most clients are in school during the mornings and you are either required or immensely pressured to work Saturdays and Sundays. And it is basically impossible to get more than 30 hours per week in that position so no benefits.Since this isn't a non-profit company, I don't understand why they don't try harder to retain their employees and pay them what they deserve. Just like with any other big company, I am sure the CEO is very wealthy, so why do the people at the bottom working the front lines get paid so little?
Pros
Gain experience working with children with autism and working with diverse populations
Cons
Clique-y environment at the office which makes it uncomfortable for the "out-crowd".
Great company
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 25, 2018
The company is wonderful, the people I’ve worked with and under were great. I had received a good amount of support. This job can be very stressful and demanding. It is VERY independent and rarely work with/see other employees. It requires you to be quick, flexible, and good at problem solving on your own. Your heart needs to be in it for the clients and the work you do or else this won’t be a good job for you. That’s the only way I’d recommend it.
Pros
Can be convenient hours, decent pay, given ipad for data collection and appropriate personal use, mileage reimbursement *between* clients
Cons
No benefits, no sick pay, no paid time off, too independent/lonely
Fun place to work but not enough hours were given.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
ACES was a great place to work, but hours were not consistent. If a client cancels you do not get paid. It is hard to have a stable paycheck with not enough hours and with clients canceling sessions.
Fun, Professional, well-organized
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 7, 2018
Very professional and well-established company. I started ABA with this company and so far, no other company compares to their professionalism and organization. They actually do give hours and you can pick up more hours by subbing other cases depending on your willingness to work. I am technically a part-time employee but I worked about 40 hrs/week (without client cancellations) which was good pay-wise but you pretty much have to work all day with (long) breaks in between. No benefits offered as well. Training wasn't really that helpful so you have to be able to work and learn independently but BCBAs are professional and helpful if you ask them to help you.
Pros
Well-organized, professional, fun
Cons
inconsistent hours, no benefits
Amazing culture
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAAugust 30, 2018
A great company to work for, but lacking on hours. We are commit ed to improving the lives of individuals with autism, and use clinically effective early interventions to achieve this goal.
Great place to work. Questionable Main Contractor
Queue Manager - Prj Mgt & Plng Opns Supv (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work. Due to the nature of my job there is rarely a typical day at work. Have continued to strengthen management and organizational skills while navigating an ever changing job expectations. Hardest part of the job is adjusting to ever changing management expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with employees and our customers.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Questionable Main Contractor
Good worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Alfred aces terraceAugust 28, 2018
Policy of free meals after working 5 consecutive hours is terrible cause no shift lasts 5 hours and even if one did the foods already in the trash by that time which means all the students that work dinner shift don't get to eat because again by the time they are done all the food is thrown away and the alternative places are closed so they don't get to eat
Cons
Great training! Great culture!
RBT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work with special needs kids. Very comprehensive training paid by employer, and company supports you on your next certification steps. They provide corporate IPad, all work flow is online. I like this high tech approach. Job is very creative. With different clients you could build your professional skills. Flexible hours and flexible environments. We see some clients at office, at school, in the community or homes. Team of colleagues and supervisors is very helpful. I would definetely recommend this place to work with special needs kids.
Pros
Paid training and support during certification process, support from collegues and supervisors
Cons
Need to figure out the access to the information regarding sub cases, No clear career planning system, No clear C&B system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services). Our community is ready to answer.