ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)

ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services) Employee Reviews

Fun, Professional, well-organized
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 7, 2018
Very professional and well-established company. I started ABA with this company and so far, no other company compares to their professionalism and organization. They actually do give hours and you can pick up more hours by subbing other cases depending on your willingness to work. I am technically a part-time employee but I worked about 40 hrs/week (without client cancellations) which was good pay-wise but you pretty much have to work all day with (long) breaks in between. No benefits offered as well. Training wasn't really that helpful so you have to be able to work and learn independently but BCBAs are professional and helpful if you ask them to help you.
Pros
Well-organized, professional, fun
Cons
inconsistent hours, no benefits
Rewarding with a few negatives
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 26, 2018
I love this job! It's wonderful working with the kiddos, and I personally needed experience with working with special needs, and this is a great place to gain that experience.

There are a few negatives though if you aren't aware of them. If you are planning on leaving a job to work for ACES, don't. Keep your job until you're done with training, because it takes almost 2 months for your license to come through and you can't work during that period.

You are not guaranteed hours!!!! And you don't get hours made up when clients cancel.

The pay isn't all that great either and is impossible to live on with the little hours.

In conclusion, this job is great but you better have a second job!
Pros
Experience working with kiddos, ABA training, paid training, rewarding work, requesting time-off is no problem
Cons
No guaranteed hours, long delay between training and first client, impossible just having this as your only job
Great
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HI 96797July 6, 2018
If you are looking for a job to make extra cash, this is a great place. Been there for the past 3 years working about 8 hours a week (on Saturday), but their are opportunities to work more. Unfortunately for me, since I already had a FT job, it was hard to get more work during the weekday. For the most part, I earned my extra cash by working every Saturday for 8 hours and holidays when needed.
Pros
Office is close to where I live (Central Oahu)
Cons
Difficult to get more work hours
love my job, just not the uppermanagement.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 26, 2018
enjoy what I do. don't care for management. my supervisor and the BCBA are very professional and helpful. thank you. problem isn't the supervisors, its with the upper management. false promises and hope. did my part, they didn't do theirs. wish it was different. awesome team. awesome supervisors, just not the head hancho.
Pros
love my role
Cons
upper management
Stressful but worth it
Behavior interventionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 24, 2018
As a direct care staff it wasn't super great because of all the driving and limited hours, but it's a great career opportunity if you stick through it. The staff are all great and very supportive.
Pros
Career opportunity
Cons
Driving, limited hours
friendly
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAJune 20, 2018
everyone is really friendly. they are several individuals that one can get a hold of if help is needed. they are very willing to work with personal schedule.
Relaxes workplace, little to no hours available
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2018
This position has taught me a lot about child development, applied behavior analysis, and data management. There wasn't enough opportunity for career advancement, not enough hours sustain a suitable living situation.
Pros
unstressful workplace
Cons
lack of opportunity
Great Place to Work
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 18, 2018
Aces provides wonderful services to it's clients.
Overall, a great company to work for if ABA is what your heart and soul wants to do.
There is a lot of longevity in the company. Many of my co-workers have been with the company 10 + years.
Pros
You can set your own hours, supervisors are helpful, pay is decent
Cons
Hours, driving to and from work locations in traffic
Poor management of this facility
Entry Level Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2018
This facility could certainly benefit from a boost in employee morale, and better communication. The environment is stressful and management was often unavailable during training.
Great families, but No Raises and bad scheduling
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 2, 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years. Never got a raise, and more was ALWAYS expected of me. No control of schedule and no HR at the San Jose location- they all moved to LA (there was a rep there when I started...). Managers and co-workers all were great and just wanted to help the children. If you want to do ABA, I recommend working at CARD.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Unreliable schedule, constant management changes, High expectations with no raise

Want to know more about ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)?

Ask a question
So much support!
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I’ve been working for ACES for about 5 months now and I’m so glad I went with ACES. I’ve received so much support through the entire process, from training, to my first few days working, and even now. I truly feel that everyone cares about me as a person, my professional development, and about the families we work with. My supervisors do their absolute best to provide the best services to the families and they always answered any questions I had and showed me how to do different things. I’m moving away from their service area and I’m sad because I don’t know if the ABA providers in my new area will be as supportive, and I hope that their data taking method is as simple as the one ACES employees use. Over all, I’ve never had a better work experience. I know this sounds like a lame advertisement haha but it really is great.
Pros
Supportive management, great paid training, easy digital data taking method
Cons
If anything, it took like three weeks for me to get my first clients.
Just no...
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Other then the fact that this job is about training children like dogs, there is no stability and they tell you that you'll be working all these hours but then after you get hired they tell you it's not guaranteed. Work here only if you really like to control children through ABA.
Poor management with the lowest form of communication
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2018
The environment was stressful and management was extremely poor. Not enough hours and when requested, there is always a poor excuse. The only gratifying part of the job was the clients and their families.
Pros
Clients and family
Cons
Management, low hours
not enough supervisor support
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 12, 2017
very few supervisor had the time to help new therapists, very heavy workloads for supervisors and very strange hours working

no compensation for sessions that got cancelled due to family issues
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2017
Excellent work environment. I have learned to much working here over the years. Provide lots of services for kids with autism. they do their part to raise awareness.
Horrible
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 12, 2017
Drama filled atmosphere and lack of communication as well. Loved working with the kiddos, but the people made it horrible. Also working in homes was quite uncomfortable too.
Not enjoyable
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2017
It was just a temporary job, it was a job for most entry level college graduates and the pay was low for how much work you have to do. Not really a satisfying job.
ABA Therapy
behavioral interntionist (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 11, 2017
excellent company to grow and learn.our supervisors are committed to us BIs and Ean client. the company take care of each worker. they normally respond any question or situation 24 hours or less.
work culture
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HIOctober 4, 2017
Supervisors are very helpful. They help you be the best you can be at your job. Supervisors encourage success. Co-workers are very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Encouraging place to work filled with people who genuinely care.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 3, 2017
ACES was a fantastic place to work. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. They encourage you to grow and learn, and if you put forth the effort they reward you. It's a collaborative work environment, with the management always wanting to better themselves and the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services). Our community is ready to answer.