ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)

ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services) Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 18, 2018
Aces provides wonderful services to it's clients.
Overall, a great company to work for if ABA is what your heart and soul wants to do.
There is a lot of longevity in the company. Many of my co-workers have been with the company 10 + years.
Pros
You can set your own hours, supervisors are helpful, pay is decent
Cons
Hours, driving to and from work locations in traffic
Poor management of this facility
Entry Level Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 26, 2018
This facility could certainly benefit from a boost in employee morale, and better communication. The environment is stressful and management was often unavailable during training.
Great families, but No Raises and bad scheduling
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 2, 2018
I worked for this company for 2 years. Never got a raise, and more was ALWAYS expected of me. No control of schedule and no HR at the San Jose location- they all moved to LA (there was a rep there when I started...). Managers and co-workers all were great and just wanted to help the children. If you want to do ABA, I recommend working at CARD.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Unreliable schedule, constant management changes, High expectations with no raise
So much support!
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I’ve been working for ACES for about 5 months now and I’m so glad I went with ACES. I’ve received so much support through the entire process, from training, to my first few days working, and even now. I truly feel that everyone cares about me as a person, my professional development, and about the families we work with. My supervisors do their absolute best to provide the best services to the families and they always answered any questions I had and showed me how to do different things. I’m moving away from their service area and I’m sad because I don’t know if the ABA providers in my new area will be as supportive, and I hope that their data taking method is as simple as the one ACES employees use. Over all, I’ve never had a better work experience. I know this sounds like a lame advertisement haha but it really is great.
Pros
Supportive management, great paid training, easy digital data taking method
Cons
If anything, it took like three weeks for me to get my first clients.
Just no...
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Other then the fact that this job is about training children like dogs, there is no stability and they tell you that you'll be working all these hours but then after you get hired they tell you it's not guaranteed. Work here only if you really like to control children through ABA.
Poor management with the lowest form of communication
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2018
The environment was stressful and management was extremely poor. Not enough hours and when requested, there is always a poor excuse. The only gratifying part of the job was the clients and their families.
Pros
Clients and family
Cons
Management, low hours
not enough supervisor support
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 12, 2017
very few supervisor had the time to help new therapists, very heavy workloads for supervisors and very strange hours working

no compensation for sessions that got cancelled due to family issues
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2017
Excellent work environment. I have learned to much working here over the years. Provide lots of services for kids with autism. they do their part to raise awareness.
Horrible
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 12, 2017
Drama filled atmosphere and lack of communication as well. Loved working with the kiddos, but the people made it horrible. Also working in homes was quite uncomfortable too.
Not enjoyable
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2017
It was just a temporary job, it was a job for most entry level college graduates and the pay was low for how much work you have to do. Not really a satisfying job.
ABA Therapy
behavioral interntionist (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 11, 2017
excellent company to grow and learn.our supervisors are committed to us BIs and Ean client. the company take care of each worker. they normally respond any question or situation 24 hours or less.
Encouraging place to work filled with people who genuinely care.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 3, 2017
ACES was a fantastic place to work. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. They encourage you to grow and learn, and if you put forth the effort they reward you. It's a collaborative work environment, with the management always wanting to better themselves and the company.
Minimal Hours
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2017
Was told that i would be working, and had to have availability between 2-8 pm. but wasn't told that i would only actually be working 2 hours of that. It takes months to finish training/test, so make sure you have money saved.
Everybody is very very nice at ACES though. But if you're looking for stable hours this is not the job. Have a girl that started the same day as I and she has yet to be assigned a client.
Training too was minimal. Unless you count them sticking an ipad in front of you for the entirety of it. Little training was done in person, which left me feeling insecure going into the clients home.
Cons
No hours, Lack of training.
Great place to begin career.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAOctober 1, 2017
ACES is great place to work while you are in school. They are flexible with their hours and are willing to work with your school schedule. They provide training and the supervisors are always eager to teach you new skills. The only downside to ACES is that they do not provide you with enough hours.
Excellent atmosphere in this company
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2017
The team here does good work, and they all have a passion for what they do.
The management is also nice, and will try to accommodate you, but the restriction in hours likely comes from the HQ side of the business as well as the rather seasonal nature of the services provided (summer is a time where clients go on vacations, etc).
The kids that you work with can vary, but they all are bright kids. You are usually informed of the ones who need special attention beforehand, and sometimes a manager would assist you if a case is critical.

It does pay decent money for the work done at an entry level, could be higher though.

All in all, would recommend this place if one is interested in the ABA field, it is an excellent place to start. Do not expect full time, hours averaged 20-25 a week at peak.
Pros
Free coffee or drinks in the break room, positive atmosphere, supportive managerial staff
Cons
hours are not guaranteed, bit of a commute unless you live locally
implement programs for children with autism
Notify Supervisor of any client injuries (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98409September 11, 2017
Travel to family homes and implement programs to help children with learning and motor difficulty. The hardest part of the job was management. The most enjoyable is working with the children.
Pros
children
Cons
management
Don't Bother with this company!
RBT (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 24, 2017
If you plan on getting anywhere as an RBT work somewhere else! The management have their favorites. How you do your job doesn't matter, what does is first and foremost being female. Male RBT's are discriminated against and treated very poorly.
Pros
the children
Cons
the "so called" management
Run
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
No seriously go anywhere else, they took 3 MONTHS before I even saw a client then my supervisors were rude and gave little guidance when I had no experience and needed it. Ive had much better experiences since leaving.
Excellent work environment
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2017
Management is amazing! Co-workers and Supervisors are not only nice, but extremely helpful. Very supportive work environment where you are constantly improving your skills. Working with kiddos is very rewarding.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Hours are mostly in evening and Saturdays
Be a self-motivated worker to suceed
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA and San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2017
Of all the companies that I have worked for this one gave the most training, but the HR department isn't that accessible. In order to succeed here you have to be an advocate for yourself and motivated to do well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services). Our community is ready to answer.