ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)
67Average

ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services) Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA2 reviews
Working at ACES was okay, I would recommend this student assistant job to any young college freshman student, but sometime there are slow and lackadaisical days, sometimes there is stuff to do, the pay is NOT fair, in Maryland their minimum wage is $11.50, I am paid $10.75 (I guess because I am technically working for a college but actually do my job at an affiliated high school, but in any case it is not the correct amount) The work is not complicated, it's just that you have to remember certain things like password, and how to search databases. Overall the student assistant job was fair and CAN be enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not paid the correct amount of money per hour in accordance to Maryland Minimum Wage.
The ACES program located in various high schools across the Montgomery County area has not only helped students attend college, but also open the doors to many opportunities. A day at work would consist of building relationships with high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. It involved helping those students better understand the steps they needed to take to attend a university or college. I learned to be patient, respectful, and responsible. My boss and coworkers were always courteous and caring for me and the other students. The most difficult part of the job was to find something to do when the traffic of students coming to the office was slow. I always like to be active and ready for the next thing. The most enjoyable part of this job was the impact you made on these students' lives. I was an example and someone they could see as a guide to achieving their goals. Many of these students were first-generation, low-income, single-parent, and minorities. They were like me, but that didn't stop me and won't stop them from attending college.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.