ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)

ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services) Employee Reviews

Great company
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 25, 2018
The company is wonderful, the people I’ve worked with and under were great. I had received a good amount of support. This job can be very stressful and demanding. It is VERY independent and rarely work with/see other employees. It requires you to be quick, flexible, and good at problem solving on your own. Your heart needs to be in it for the clients and the work you do or else this won’t be a good job for you. That’s the only way I’d recommend it.
Pros
Can be convenient hours, decent pay, given ipad for data collection and appropriate personal use, mileage reimbursement *between* clients
Cons
No benefits, no sick pay, no paid time off, too independent/lonely
Fun, Professional, well-organized
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 7, 2018
Very professional and well-established company. I started ABA with this company and so far, no other company compares to their professionalism and organization. They actually do give hours and you can pick up more hours by subbing other cases depending on your willingness to work. I am technically a part-time employee but I worked about 40 hrs/week (without client cancellations) which was good pay-wise but you pretty much have to work all day with (long) breaks in between. No benefits offered as well. Training wasn't really that helpful so you have to be able to work and learn independently but BCBAs are professional and helpful if you ask them to help you.
Pros
Well-organized, professional, fun
Cons
inconsistent hours, no benefits
Great place to work. Questionable Main Contractor
Queue Manager - Prj Mgt & Plng Opns Supv (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work. Due to the nature of my job there is rarely a typical day at work. Have continued to strengthen management and organizational skills while navigating an ever changing job expectations. Hardest part of the job is adjusting to ever changing management expectations. Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with employees and our customers.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Questionable Main Contractor
Great training! Great culture!
RBT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work with special needs kids. Very comprehensive training paid by employer, and company supports you on your next certification steps. They provide corporate IPad, all work flow is online. I like this high tech approach. Job is very creative. With different clients you could build your professional skills. Flexible hours and flexible environments. We see some clients at office, at school, in the community or homes. Team of colleagues and supervisors is very helpful. I would definetely recommend this place to work with special needs kids.
Pros
Paid training and support during certification process, support from collegues and supervisors
Cons
Need to figure out the access to the information regarding sub cases, No clear career planning system, No clear C&B system.
Good worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Alfred aces terraceAugust 28, 2018
Policy of free meals after working 5 consecutive hours is terrible cause no shift lasts 5 hours and even if one did the foods already in the trash by that time which means all the students that work dinner shift don't get to eat because again by the time they are done all the food is thrown away and the alternative places are closed so they don't get to eat
Cons
process to become a registered behavior technician but the staff are helpful in makng sure you complete the exam.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 31, 2018
Aces is supportive and have very energetic staff. The supervisors are highly educated and supportive in making sure you carry out the programs. overall, the company is great, however, communication needs to be addressed throughout the clients, staff, and inside the job itself.
Pros
flexible schedule, opportunities to pick up sessions.
Cons
no communication with supervisors at times, clients are not always secure, scheudling system needs fixing.
Great
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HI 96797July 6, 2018
If you are looking for a job to make extra cash, this is a great place. Been there for the past 3 years working about 8 hours a week (on Saturday), but their are opportunities to work more. Unfortunately for me, since I already had a FT job, it was hard to get more work during the weekday. For the most part, I earned my extra cash by working every Saturday for 8 hours and holidays when needed.
Pros
Office is close to where I live (Central Oahu)
Cons
Difficult to get more work hours
Company decided to shut down North Idaho
Case Manager/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 4, 2018
You were paid if your clients showed up during the time you were with them. If they did not show up, you still got paid a smaller amount. Many times I would be there all day and have 1 person show up. the company began shutting down their offices with no notice and we could all see that it was a matter of time before they closed the northern Idaho offices. They did.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Sometimes clients didn't show up
Enjoyable
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2018
I have been with ACES for a little under a year now, I am assigned one client that I care for Monday-Friday. The family is an amazing, loving, and inviting family. The company is a great positive company and are making changes to better the employees.
Pros
positive work environment and learning experience
Cons
no paid holidays unless you work that day
A great work environment doing meaningful work
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIJuly 15, 2018
ACES trained and managed their employees really well, I enjoyed working there and gained a lot of knowledge and experience I wouldn't have otherwise had. If looking to get into the field of ABA, this is a really great place to work.
Pros
Efficient and good communication
Cons
Lots of driving for in home appointments
love my job, just not the uppermanagement.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 26, 2018
enjoy what I do. don't care for management. my supervisor and the BCBA are very professional and helpful. thank you. problem isn't the supervisors, its with the upper management. false promises and hope. did my part, they didn't do theirs. wish it was different. awesome team. awesome supervisors, just not the head hancho.
Pros
love my role
Cons
upper management
Rewarding with a few negatives
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 26, 2018
I love this job! It's wonderful working with the kiddos, and I personally needed experience with working with special needs, and this is a great place to gain that experience.

There are a few negatives though if you aren't aware of them. If you are planning on leaving a job to work for ACES, don't. Keep your job until you're done with training, because it takes almost 2 months for your license to come through and you can't work during that period.

You are not guaranteed hours!!!! And you don't get hours made up when clients cancel.

The pay isn't all that great either and is impossible to live on with the little hours.

In conclusion, this job is great but you better have a second job!
Pros
Experience working with kiddos, ABA training, paid training, rewarding work, requesting time-off is no problem
Cons
No guaranteed hours, long delay between training and first client, impossible just having this as your only job
Fun place to work but not enough hours were given.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
ACES was a great place to work, but hours were not consistent. If a client cancels you do not get paid. It is hard to have a stable paycheck with not enough hours and with clients canceling sessions.
Its okay
Children's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 24, 2018
working here was great because of the kids and most staff.
Management was difficult due to hours and the place was falling apart. When school came around it was very hard to find time to work and go to class.
Pros
kiddos
Cons
managment
Relaxes workplace, little to no hours available
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2018
This position has taught me a lot about child development, applied behavior analysis, and data management. There wasn't enough opportunity for career advancement, not enough hours sustain a suitable living situation.
Pros
unstressful workplace
Cons
lack of opportunity
Amazing culture
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAAugust 30, 2018
A great company to work for, but lacking on hours. We are commit ed to improving the lives of individuals with autism, and use clinically effective early interventions to achieve this goal.
Great Job For College Students Who Love Kids and Psychology
Assist in developing, and implementing programs (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 30, 2018
Being a behavior interventionist taught me an ample amount about the extreme social challenges an autistic child will deal with in their life. As you help these children, you learn about necessary skills you need to acquire if deciding on going down the path of psychology-related careers.
Good
Medical Insurance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2018
ACES is a good place to work, you can learn a lot about mental health and it is a good place if you want to get your foot in the door to become a BCBA.
Stressful but worth it
Behavior interventionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 24, 2018
As a direct care staff it wasn't super great because of all the driving and limited hours, but it's a great career opportunity if you stick through it. The staff are all great and very supportive.
Pros
Career opportunity
Cons
Driving, limited hours
Great Place to Work
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 18, 2018
Aces provides wonderful services to it's clients.
Overall, a great company to work for if ABA is what your heart and soul wants to do.
There is a lot of longevity in the company. Many of my co-workers have been with the company 10 + years.
Pros
You can set your own hours, supervisors are helpful, pay is decent
Cons
Hours, driving to and from work locations in traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services). Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about