ACES Employee Reviews

fast paced
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYApril 13, 2018
i enjoy the job because it is very fast paced keeps you going ,also is a good place to work because you gain experience in dealing with many different personalities.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
pay isn't that great
Poor management and communication
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 16, 2018
Poor management. Unfortunately it sad to say for a company who assists children and adolescents with developmental delays how poor ACES communcaiton and lack of vital information is not given to staff and parents alike. Poor communication and disorganization has been going on for years and will continue to be a problem for years to come. There is a lot of favoritism and cliques at ACES and if you do not know the right people you will not get paid fairly or if you do not make the right people happy therefore you are not doing your job properly and no chance of a promotion or raise. The current culture at ACES is unfortunate because ACES has lost a lot of quality employees and clients by continuing to adopt this "good ol'girls network" of catty women who get off on power trips and their titles. Unless you know someone who is on the inside save yourself the headache of working here you will end of resigning within a year. How you can survive here if you don't mind being instruct 5 different ways to do something with maybe a possible correct answer that will take 2-3 weeks to resolve then you will be just fine.
Pros
Employees embrace the ACES culture and are good people
Cons
Upper management
Fun Work place
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2018
Everybody at this job were really friendly. The atmosphere inspired a positive attitude and growth. This company took good care of its employees and saw to it that we were given an equal opportunity in the workplace and with clients
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Not enough hours available
Productive and good experience working with Autism
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2018
A typical day at work involved going out to meet with clients and working with their behaviors. I learned a lot about being a behavioral interventionist. Working as a BI helped me to understand certain behaviors that are associated with the Autism Spectrum.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Super great co-workers and rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2018
It was a great experience working with kids. Entry level job with easy to follow instructions, and minimal work to bring home. The hardest part oft he job was definitely learning to control your work environment.
Excellent place to work and thrive.
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 17, 2018
ACES is an excellent place to work, great staff who work together as a team to provide the best services possible for each of our clients.
As quoted from our website, "We are proud to support a truly multi-disciplinary staff that can provide comprehensive care. Our providers are recognized as talented therapists and clinicians with deep experience across academic and clinical specialties. This depth and breadth in training enables ACES to align our services in a diverse and family-friendly atmosphere." One unique feature of ACES is that we provide direct services for deaf, hard of hearing and hearing clients.
Good While It Lasted...
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92606February 12, 2018
As a growing company, ACES does try to make an environment that is comfortable, welcoming, and energetic.

The clients are adorable and sometimes the parents can be difficult but not always.
Interesting place
Behavior Coach (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 25, 2018
Well your going to learn a lot about the kids that used to smoke in the parking lot when you were in high school. Challenging environment, chances to connect with kids that really need it. Chances to help special needs individuals that are really rewarding.
Pros
Fun, exciting
Cons
low pay, physical like a security guard.
A job to be taken seriously
Residential Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 24, 2018
This job is something to be taken seriously. During the day you are assigned to 1-2 brain injured clients. They do daily activities in the community. The nurse that is on duty for that shift gives them their medications that they need. On the weekends they get to go out to lunch and to a movie.
Pros
Get fed at work
Cons
Don't get raises
Great Company
Industry Professional (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 15, 2018
ACES rewards hard workers and innovative thinkers accordingly. I felt like I was really making a difference in the utility industry. The work is fast-paced and exciting.
Pros
Great management and benefits
It was great learning and experiencing different jobs at aces.
Vocational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 21, 2017
Aces is a great place to learn and gain work experience and earn money while going to school at the same time. The director of it is a very talented man and someone who sets good examples for all his worker's and places you were he feels you will shine best at.
Pros
Some free lunches and great co-workers
Cons
Bad hours but understandable
very fast pace
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 28, 2017
We work long hours in the fast pace aviation world. VVIP aircraft interiors demands no room for error or misguidance. Worked as a contractor to a large aviation platform base. Dealing with the clients staff was a bit challenging at times. Work seven days for several weeks at a time to complete several milestone tasks.
Great people to work with for first travel assignments for sure.
Travel RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALNovember 23, 2017
Great company to travel with for my first assignment, extremely helpful arranging all aspects of traveling. Working at the assignment with this company was great, they followed up with me during my assignment.
Pros
Helpful staff with travelers, variety of patients to care for.
Cons
Pulling travel nurses sometimes every four hours to work in different areas.
Productive but low salary
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 20, 2017
Working at ACES was okay, I would recommend this student assistant job to any young college freshman student, but sometime there are slow and lackadaisical days, sometimes there is stuff to do, the pay is NOT fair, in Maryland their minimum wage is $11.50, I am paid $10.75 (I guess because I am technically working for a college but actually do my job at an affiliated high school, but in any case it is not the correct amount) The work is not complicated, it's just that you have to remember certain things like password, and how to search databases. Overall the student assistant job was fair and CAN be enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not paid the correct amount of money per hour in accordance to Maryland Minimum Wage.
Long time ago
A&D Counselor (Former Employee) –  Florence, OROctober 23, 2017
I do not know if this company is still in business. I have very little memory of my duties there or how they wanted their brand of counseling done. I do remember that they had a book/script that they wanted you to use.
cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I had a fun time working there i got to meet new people and got to learn from them i left because i wanted something better where i can actually take care of family
Positive environment with hard working and committed staff.
Childcare Staff (Former Employee) –  Bigfork, MTSeptember 5, 2017
ACES which stands for arts, community, education, and sports is an amazing environment where kids get the opportunity to learn and have fun at the same time. Each staff member has a genuine heart with a true passion for what they do. The typical day at ACES consists of chaos mixed with a good time. Child care can be a mentally challenging job but the environment being provided for dozens of children makes it all worth while. By working at ACES for three years I learned several things. I learned how to be patient, to be a better team mate, how to engage with people and children, how to always remain positive, and importance of working hard.
Pros
Holiday Vacations
This job is part time
After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 7, 2017
Typical day would to come up and set up centers. Get ready for kids to come in. Help them with homework and a little bit of outside time then kids do an activity. Then parents come pick them up.
Pros
decent pay for part time
Cons
expensive benefits, only part time
Job summary
Gaming Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed dealing cards at the clubs around Orlando. It offered me a chance to meet new people and engage in small talk and to get to know a wide variety of people
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and hours
Cons
Work was sometimes slow
need patiance
Teacher Assistant/ Driver (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 4, 2017
if you do not have patience then it will be very hard for you to work here. The students require a lot of attention and at time they can seem overwhelming. The pay its good and benefits are as well.