Achieva Credit Union Employee Reviews

Not supportive of their staff
Branch staff (Former Employee) –  South of the bridgeSeptember 1, 2018
During the few years I worked there, many employees were terminated for no reason. They always gave a lame reason for letting people go. Instead of coaching for better performance, they would just terminate the good people. Their branches are always understaffed and expect you to work 6 days a week and also weekend events. They didn’t care about your personal life. The Leadership team wasn’t supportive as they stated. Take this review and don’t accept a job here as your job is never secure!
Cons
Most likely to be terminated
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 12, 2018
Schedule is great and so are the employees. Has its slow days like every other job. They try to make work fun. Nice bonuses and nice incentives. Would recommend
Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLAugust 9, 2018
Achieva prides itself on being a GOOD place to work. They have great facilities at the main campus for their employees, including a wonderful kitchen/dining area, "quiet" rooms for breaks, and more. They truly care that their employees are happy at work.
Great team
Member Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 26, 2018
The team and management were awesome to work with. The Credit Union was fun and employee friendly. The members were always polite and fun. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Great place to work, people are friendly
Teller Intern (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLJanuary 20, 2018
It is a great workplace, everyone there is very helpful and friendly. It was always a positive environment. The members are usually very appreciative and friendly to the employees, many even take the time to get to know every employee
Quick paced call center and loans per day
LOAN OFFICER/UNDERWRITER, MSAIII (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 19, 2017
No issues. I was happiest when I found ways to help my members achieve their financial goals. The call center was very fast paced and goals were assigned, but were attainable.
Fast paced but fun environment
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2017
Achieva likes to have fun but work hard while they do. The only issue I had with this job is that the training is not good. You learn more from your coworkers on a day to day basis than you do in training. They don't prepare you for what the real world environment actually entails.
Decent place to work
LOAN SERVICING AND SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLNovember 3, 2017
Typical day at work would be processing total loss claims, loan modifications, support calls, and title issues. The culture is ever changing at ACU and it seems like a lot of the perks that we used to really enjoy are no longer all to save the bottom line. I think that maybe if they focused more on employees than building a dog park or buying banks. Overall I think it is a good company to work for. Hard to move up unless you want to become a manager in the branch.
Fun Place to Work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 13, 2017
Fun place to work. Great incentives and bonuses, fun activities, and fun people to work with. Meet interesting people that come into the branch. Lots of interesting daily issues to resolve keeps work interesting.
Pros
Bonuses and Raises
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Achieva Credit Union
Counted teller drawers (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 26, 2017
At achieva my typical day was spent counting teller drawers while working with accounting programs to verify that everything was in order while helping others to finish online classwork that related to our program. I was not paid while doing this due to it being a school related opportunity.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
N/a
We work as a team
Teller (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 2, 2017
I go to work, everyone works as a team to open and balance Atm , open night drop for processing, opening vault, loading money in machines, getting everything ready for members and opening drive thru and taking deposits and cashing checks all day. I solve problems for members sometimes with their accounts and refer products they may need to help with banking needs. The best part of the job is everyone works together and with each other, all staff is like family always together working. Hardest part is getting in a daily work out or getting much exercise, I stand in same spot all day as a teller, I do help people so it is good. I know a lot of people that come into Credit Union ad I am liked. We have goals to meet and we help each other with meeting those goals by working hard and referring other employees to close loans and have a positive attitude about where I work.
Pros
free lunches and bonuses
Cons
short breaks, health insurance is ok, not cheap
Great Company, Mortgage Management Unrealistic.
Sr. Loan Processor/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Dunedin FLJuly 28, 2017
A typical day is very stressful.
Company ran very lean and most of my time ran short staff.
Upper management was excellent always looking for great thing to do for staff.
Department management was unrealistic on expectations.
Pros
Company had many great benefits.
Cons
Did not have the staff to handle work load if you went on vacation.
Good place to work with excellent benifits
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLMay 11, 2017
The teller line is fast paced at times and challenging. Most of the customers are nice, but there are some that are more difficult to work with. The stressful part of the job is up selling produces to meet your monthly quota.
Pros
Benefits, team work, most of the customers
Cons
haveing to up sell products to meet your quota
fun worker place
bank teller/ I.T. (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 16, 2017
they offer many oppurtunities, and the work envirorment was awsome as well as the customers, and my co-workers i would go back and do it all over again
Going down hill
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Pete areaJune 17, 2016
It once upon a time was a good place to work, years ago, but no more. Every branch is understaffed. Managers do nothing but go to mystery meetings that produce nothing. People are expected to do the job of 2 or 3 and not appreciated for it. You always feel as though your job is in jeopardy for no reason.
It feels like a bunch of people having no idea what they are doing, they just bought another bank and the conversion is going horrible, I feel badly for those people.
I have no idea how this place was voted the best place to work in the Tampa area - it must be the HR department voting over and over again 24 hours a day. It is awful.
Pros
Not many - they throw money around a lot, but at the wrong things
Cons
Treating employees badly, too many hours, not enough down time; salary
Work their employees to death
Branch employee (Current Employee) –  South of the bridgeMay 31, 2016
Working for a credit union seems great, however this one works the branches at a skeleton crew when "fully staffed". Every office is open on Saturdays, so working 2 or 3 Saturdays a month is common. Most offices don't have the luxury of Monday off to at least allow 2 days off in a row, though with children, weekends are priceless. Some offices don't even allow a day off during the week at all, so working 6 days a week is common too.
Upper management motto is that they want to hire employees who will do the work of 2. We are all only 1 person, they don't care if we don't have a life away from work and are overworked at work. To put it in perspective for them, how would they respond to us demanding to do the work of one and be paid for 2? Don't ask for what you wouldn't do if the tables were turned. The CEO claims to be religious, but treats his employees like slaves. We are also told to tell members things that put a real spin on the truth.
A typical day at work is very stressful, and the job changes at least weekly, so forget actually learning your job. The computer system is complicated and antiquated - time to get on board with some new technology! The only enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day.
Annual bonus is nice, free computer after a year is too, but it's hard to hang in there long enough to get one. Health insurance choices are awful - terrible coverage and high premiums.
Annual 1% pay increase was eliminated this year, with a typical spin as to why. This was a cost of living allowance that was really nice, but typical of
  more... Achieva, something really good is now gone.
I wouldn't have expected a high turnover rate for a credit union, but this one has it, and it's obvious as to why.
Pros
Annual bonus (for now), free computer after 1 year
Cons
Uncaring upper management, sales quotas, must put job before family, sub par health insurance.
Not what one may expect.. Training and Core Processing System is 100% lacking...
Banking (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 16, 2016
Leadership Team is amazing, however, the experience that I encountered was not what I expected for a company that has been voted one of the top employers to be a part of for four years in a row in the Tampa Bay Area. The position I was hired for was not what was described to me was not necessarily what I had expected. The CU's core operating system is completely antiquated and is about 20 years out of date. Again, one of the reasons that this was an unexpected experience with only about 2 months of being employed. I was brought on board with the expectation that the individual I reported to was knowledgeable about all of the functions and daily operations of the department, however, this individual knew very little if anything at all about the daily operations or the functions of the department at all. The individual was only focused on the other products that the department did not know about, nor how to address any questions that would arise from these products but they were expected to support any and every question regarding the product CU wide (over 400 associates and only 3 of the 8 associates in the department I worked in were able to provide the typical answers to the associates but not at all about the products the individual whom they reported to was interested in focusing on).
fun place to work
Branch Ambassador/Teller (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 22, 2015
great work environment, and management keeps making improvements , salary is not that great, and sometimes is hard to move up and they do not provide a good training therefore, most of the training is hands on.
Work Life
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 21, 2015
In all of the companies that I have worked for management has been amazing. They want to see you succeed and they will give you all the tools necessary to do so. I learned so many things from each company and they have played a great part in me becoming as personable as I am today. I love to learn new things and I am a fast learner. I believe this is one of my strongest skills as an employee and as a person.
Excellent place to work
Member Service Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 28, 2015
Excellent place to grow. Management is consistent, the people are like family and it is a very supportive organization - name one of Tampa Bays top places to work 4 years in a row.