Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services

Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work !
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 2, 2019
I have been with Achieve Beyond for the past few months and I have nothing but amazing things to say about this company. The management and staff are all so friendly and helpful with anything you may need! Since my first day at Achieve Beyond I have felt so accepted and instantly felt as if I was part of a team! Achieve Beyond allows a flexible schedule which you can design with the families. This company also provides amazing benefits as well. A typical day consists of working with children in their homes followed by electronic session notes. Supervisors are always there to help and do not micro-manage. They have trust for their workers at this company! Working with children is something I am very passionate about, so being able to conduct ABA Therapy and see the difference it makes with the children and their families is truly rewarding. This is a great job for any energetic and compassionate person who loves working with kids !
Pros
Great management, amazing benefits, flexible hours.
September 4, 2019

We are happy to hear that you feel that Achieve Beyond is an amazing place to work! We work hard to give our providers the support and flexibility that they need to be successful in working with our children and families. Autism services are very important to Achieve Beyond and it is great that you feel motivated and passionate to assist our children. Thank you for your review.

Great work life balance!
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 20, 2019
I’ve been working for Achieve Beyond as an ABA for a little over a year and love it! The work is meaningful and everyone I’ve met who works here cares a lot about the wellbeing of the kids we help and the employees who work here. Being passionate about work is great but lets me honest you also need good pay and work/ life balance. I am grateful for the retirement, health, disability benefits etc I’m offered that are offered at most full time positions (I’m often hired fee-for-service so am grateful for these benefits) but what really stands out is the flexibility of schedule. If I can’t meet with a family one day I can just schedule them on a different day or distribute my hours in a way that meets the needs of my schedule. Also, if I ever want to do less work I can switch to fee-for-service and if I ever wanted more money the company is eager to give additional clients to full-time employees for an additional rate. Good supervision offered, caring staff, feel good work, great work life balance!
Pros
Cons
This job is not for those with low energy. Toddlers are energetic everyday!
September 13, 2019

Having a great work/life balance is important and hearing that you love your role as an ABA Autism provider makes it all worth it! We work hard to provide our full-time providers quality benefits to assist them and their families and are happy to hear that is meaningful. We strive to allow our therapists to have flexible scheduling and are happy to hear that you have adapted to being able to maintain a schedule that works for you and the cases that you provide services for. Quality services and supervision we feel sets us apart. Thank you for taking the time to give us an overview of how you feel regarding your role.

Sc
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYAugust 19, 2019
Working for Achieve Beyond is a fast paced environment that requires you to be focused and really attentive to small details. Everyone is wiling to help and assist you if you need any help. There is a great team to work with here!
Pros
Always an activity happening in the office
August 20, 2019

Service Coordination is such an important position within our Early Intervention program since SCs are the point of contact for our families and then the office staff that works to best assist them/therapists working in homes and the community. We are very happy to hear that you feel that everyone is readily available to provide support. We do have a great Service Coordination team-thanks for being part of that! We appreciate your feedback since it helps ensure that we are doing what we need to best support our staff.

Professional and great for flexible schedule
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2019
This is a self-paced contracted position (fee for service). The environment is professional and the staff are supportive. You have to be a self starter, dedicated, and pay attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of Achieve Beyond is being able to set your own work schedule. The most difficult aspect is that you are responsible for your own benefits and insurances, etcetera. AB provides dynamic early intervention services.
August 16, 2019

Hearing that you feel that Achieve Beyond provides "dynamic early intervention services" is great. We are proud of our Early Intervention program and appreciate all of our providers like yourself. Being fee for service gives providers the flexibility they need to provide services where and when is best for them. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Wonderful Place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 16, 2019
I have been working with Achieve Beyond for a long time. They are very supportive and always willing to help you to feel comfortable. When you start working with the company they trained you and guide you to adapt smoothly to the job. In addition, the agency recognizes the hard work and dedication that the providers have done. The Clinical Director and Supervisors are wonderful people that always listen to you and support you to grow up professionally. The Provider Relationship Department is very collaborative they assist you to work with your cases and families along with the case managers and coordinators who are really nice and always glad to solve different situations with the cases.
I´m so happy to be part of Achieve Beyond!
August 2, 2019

Thank you for letting us know about your positive experiences with our staff! Our team (from Supervisors, the Clinical Director, and Provider Relations) works hard to support for all of our providers. Our structure is geared to give our providers the tools, training, and support that they need to grow professionally and to be able to focus on the families that they service. We appreciate you letting us know that you are happy to be part of Achieve Beyond. I will let the team know about your feedback.

Job Environment
Junior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 27, 2019
Working at Achieve Beyond provides me with a great work environment and friendly, respectful, and hard-working co-workers. I enjoy working for the company with many company events and opportunities! Management is very welcoming and is always available to speak. The Long Island office is an enjoyable place to be!
July 1, 2019

So happy to hear that you feel that you have a great work environment. Feeling that persons are open, easy to work with, and that management is welcoming makes all the difference day per day.
We work to provide various company events to thank our employees but also to give an opportunity for various departments to mix and mingle. Our Long Island office staff is great and we are happy to hear you feel the same way. Thanks for your review.

Great company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2019
Achieve Beyond is a great company to work for. They give their staff the opportunity to move up to other positions. They give their staff the training that is needed to help them do their job correctly. The staff are very friendly and very helpful when you have a question about something. With my position I have the opportunity to meet a lot of the providers that work for our agency and get to know what the do and hear how much they love working with the children. I want to continue learning from the different departments and hope to move up to a position and/or department that grasp my interest.
July 1, 2019

The receptionist role is so important since you are the face of our company to everyone in the office and persons calling or coming in person. We are very happy to hear that you like interacting with your co-workers, persons are open to questions, and you get to see that our therapists truly care about the children they are providing services to. We want for all employees to learn and grow and are happy that you want to continue to develop at Achieve Beyond and continue making a positive impact. Thank you for your review.

Great insurance Benefits
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NYJune 18, 2019
It seems like a nice company to work for with a lot of benefits until you're asked about productivity. Expect a caseload (not too bad, about 35-40 cases) but expect to meet your full productivity once you reach 20 cases. You're expected to bill a certain amount of units but what they dont tell you is that your note corrections can impact your productivity. Management is not friendly nor approachable. They mock you and insult you behind your back and you're expected to know everything by the 2nd month in. Some coworkers are friendly but majority of the problem is management. Unfortunately you are encouraged to speak up but nothing changes when you do speak up. The company offers great insurance benefits, 401k, FSA, Short/Long term disability, and plenty of PTO ( which doesn't begin to accumulate until after your probationary period). Good luck.
Pros
Insurance benefits, 401k, Free monthly breakfast, lots of company events
Cons
Productivity ; Management
July 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. All input is taken to heart to better our processes. We are happy to hear that you felt that the company has great benefits. We work hard to provide comprehensive, quality benefits to support our employees. In addition, we also try to give back to the employees by providing monthly breakfast in office and have different company events throughout the year such as our recent International Day and up and coming Ice Cream Social Breaks.

For Service Coordinators, productivity is directly correlated to fulfilling the needs of the families that we provide services for. Due to this, there is a focus on productivity so we can best ensure that children are receiving the quality services approved for and that all is going well with the children assigned to each Service Coordinator. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel that you received as much support as you could have. We always want each and every employee to feel that they have a support system in office be it with their co-workers, manager, their Director, and/or HR.

Horrible supervisors and worst pay in the field
Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2019
I was relieved when I stopped working with this company as I was always stressed, wondering when my phone would ring and which criticism would come next. My supervisor was unprofessional, talking about other people on the team on the phone and via email. She criticized everything and never offered positive feedback or support. When speaking with others, they felt the same way. Additionally, the pay rate is very low for the field and when I asked for a bit more was told “don’t know how that other agency you work for is even in business paying that”. Well, they are and their staff is friendly and supportive.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervision, critical supervisors and low
July 1, 2019

We are sorry to hear that you did not feel that Achieve Beyond was a match for you. If you would like to discuss your time at the company, please feel free to reach out to the HR department. Our role is not to criticize but to educate and guide persons working for us to be best able to comply with paperwork and internal processes set up to ensure we follow regulations set forth by the programs we service. Each agency has a different payment structure related to multiple variables.

It Has Pros and Cons
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 14, 2019
I used to enjoy my job immensely, coming in every day and feeling valued while maintaining a balanced workload in a happy department. Unfortunately due to some changes in structure I currently find myself barely able to keep up despite keeping a strong work ethic. I spend 10 hour days trying to maintain unrealistic goals as instead of quality, everything is numerically calculated and we all feel burnt out in my department. I miss the old structure tremendously. However on the plus side my coworkers maintain strong attitudes, we have good benefits, the office is located in a good area and the higher ups are always available for questions. Though this job needs more balance, I am always one of the last ones to leave the office because I'm so busy, and I feel that the workload is so unrealistic that I can't deliver everything right away. I like being busy and I feel secure in my role however it has been too much as of late. I also do not feel that I am compensated for the amount of time and energy I place into my role, though at the same time I very much like servicing kids in the way that we do. Everyone in the office truly loves the mission of the company and it shows. At the same time we need more balance, I think the work hours of 9-5:30 for a for profit company is uncommon. Also to note there are 15 days of pto a year, this includes sick days, vacation everything.
Pros
Mission driven, ethical, woman-run, good benefits, performance bonus
Cons
No designated sick days, unrealistic goals/ workload, the for-profit sometimes shows
June 17, 2019

Thank you for your review. All comments received are taken into account to work to make Achieve Beyond a better workplace for all employees. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the benefits, the fact that we provide twice yearly performance bonuses, and that we are an ethical mission driven company. The fact that many in management are women is a plus. Our structure is predicated on the programs that we service. As Early Intervention increases their regulations, we abide by those rules to ensure we are providing quality services to all children approved. We suggest speaking frankly to your manager or HR as to how you feel to best help you maintain a positive balance and not to feel burdened.

Amazing place to gain clinical experience and help children!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 14, 2019
Absolutely fantastic place to work, I have very few complaints. The children you can work with are either hit or miss, and the management could be more organized, but they are so wonderfully nice.
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay
Cons
Could not match with a good case
June 17, 2019

We are thrilled to hear that you feel Achieve Beyond is a fantastic place to work! We strive hard to provide the best clinical training and supervision for our Behavioral Therapists providing autism services in the field. Due to the cases approved, our ABA program allows providers flexibility in taking a small amount of hours or several depending on their needs and wants. We hope that you find a case that is a great match soon and we are always working to streamline our processes to be better organized. Thank you for your review.

All this company cares about is money, unfortunately, they care very little about the population they serve.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 7, 2019
This is a terrible company to work for. As a manager, you will be mistreated and underappreciated. Despite my department advancing significantly(best numbers they have ever seen), it was never enough. Upper management sets impossible standards and has zero awareness as to a days work. You will be promised raises that they will always find reasons not to give you. The salary and benefits seem nice, but it is not worth it. Right away you will notice an incredibly high turnover rate as people burn out super quickly at Achieve Beyond. You have to punch in and out for your every move and there is no flexibility in your schedule. When it comes to it all they care about is money, unfortunately, they care very little about the population they serve.
June 17, 2019

We are so sorry that you felt this way. Achieve Beyond’s mission of helping children achieve beyond is central to all that we do. As a company we work to show all of our employees that they are valued by events, free days off, providing benefits, incentive bonuses, etc. To ensure everyone is paid for the hours that they work and to monitor eligible for certain programs, as a company, we need to have a time and attendance system. It is merely an electronic system for Achieve Beyond to be able to report worked hours when needed. Thank you for your review. We look at all comments received to be better able to better our programs and procedures.

If you’re thinking about it. DONT
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJune 7, 2019
A highly stressful job that can affect your mental and physical health badly. This place will consume you. There’s not enough hours in the day or the week to get what they demand from you done. Coordinators have the heaviest case load on them while management often does the minimum or overlooks the work that many hardworking employees do on a daily basis. Most people’s work ethic sucks because they’ve been here for so long and can get away with doing the bare minimum. Company cares more about numbers than quality of service and therapists get away with doing a poor job and submitting important paperwork months late. I think the company would be so much better if management was held accountable for their work and if there was a genuine care for the employees rather than numbers and $$.
Pros
Enough hours, nice coworkers, the occasional company events
Cons
Accumulative PTO, too stressful, immense work load without fair compensation or recognition, not enough holidays off
June 17, 2019

When working for the Early Intervention program, there is a high volume of work for our job roles to ensure appropriate delivery of therapy services approved and that we are following the city/state/federal program guidelines. Due to this, we continually look for ways to be more efficient and to provide the resources and technology to make roles more manageable. Achieve Beyond does care about its employees very much and want all to feel that they have the tools to succeed in their role.
You can always feel free to speak to HR or voice your concerns.

We are happy to hear that you feel comfortable with your co-workers and enjoy our company events. As a thank you hard work, we have an incentive program for administrative staff where they can earn additional paid time off on top of our current structure as well as two free summer days a year. Annual we also conduct a compensation review to best compensate our employees. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to better our structure and processes moving forward.

Toxic Culture
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 16, 2019
This company is focused on profit rather than the services they are supposed to provide. They only focused on number and didnt care about the quality of the providers that were hired.
Pros
good coworkers
May 17, 2019

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience while working at Achieve Beyond. Providing quality services to children and having providers that believe in our mission are very important to us. Our providers work tirelessly to help children make progress on their individual goals. To best support our providers, we provide supervision and numerous clinical workshops in office and online to help providers learn new techniques and have opportunities to discuss topics that are important to their domains.

team-oriented and collaborative environment
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
Achieve Beyond is a great company to work for. Very team-oriented and collaborative with in-office staff as well as outside service coordinators. Everyone is encouraging, motivating, and supportive, and I had no issues going to my supervisors to discuss conflicts with cases that we handled. Work felt flexible, as long as I managed my time well with my day-to-day duties.
Pros
Friendly staff, positive environment
May 14, 2019

Feeling part of a team and having persons at work who are supportive and motivating we feel is vital to our employees' success. We are happy to hear that you feel comfortable going to your supervisors to discuss conflicts on cases and that you have flexibility. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your review.

Great Company to Work For
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 8, 2019
Achieve Beyond is a good company to work for. They always promote from within. There is definitely opportunity for growth. They are sensitive to life/personal issues. There is always some fun activity, holiday, fundraising event going on...with food and treats. In emergencies, if your position allows, you can work from home. They give the opportunity to make up time missed. No guilt trips or pressure if you need to call out. Supportive and understanding management. They encourage input and ideas from people who are actually doing the job. A lot of autonomy, with little micromanaging.
Everyone seems to get along for the most part. New people become part of the team before you know it. There has been an improvement in the retention rate over the past few years. People are staying here longer now. They have a bonus incentive program, give extra days off in the summer (when the summer days off program is offered) and give comp days for going above and beyond job expectations. Achieve Beyond offers the standard benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA, PTO, short and long term disability, etc. You can take up to an hour for lunch, plus a paid 20 minute break each day.
There is a lot of work that needs to be done by each employee. Each department could probably benefit from one or two additional staff members. If you don't want to actually work at work, this isn't the place for you. However, being busy makes the day go by faster and when you get the job done and you do it well, you feel good.
Sometimes having a big work load results in having to
  more... work extra hours each day and you are left feeling stressed and unaccomplished. It kind of makes up for it when you earn appreciation "tickets" which can be accumulated for days off or to purchase items from their online store. They also pay OT for non-salaried employees.
It would also be better if there was more flexibility in the schedule, like 8:00AM-4:30PM.
Pros
Autonomy, staff input and idea consideration, benefits & time-off
Cons
Work load, set hours 9-5:30 plus OT
May 14, 2019

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is very helpful to see specifics of how employees feel to help Achieve Beyond see areas we can improve or ideas that we can mirror for all.

Each employee has multiple tasks and works hard throughout the day to support our mission in helping children. We are lucky to have such a dedicated staff and due to this are happy to have fun activities, summer days, and flexibility where we can. We do strive to promote from within and we are thrilled that new employees become part of the team quickly. Over the course of the last year, Achieve Beyond has taken time to examine our procedures and the overall employee experience and are happy that employees are feeling the results!

Very Team Oriented Environment
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2019
My expeierence these last few months have been extraordinary at Achieve Beyond. Everyone from the front desk to upper management have been very warm, welcoming, encouraging, understanding and willing to help or answer any questions. They value their employees and make sure they feel appreciated. There's a lot of room for growth within the company. My training was thorough and efficient in helping to understand the role every department plays and the importance of the procedures in place. I feel at home within my department as everyone is so encouraging and maintain a positive work/social support and environment.
Pros
Friendly staff, great benefits, positive environment
May 3, 2019

To be successful, we feel that everyone in the company has to work together towards are mission of helping children achieve their best outcomes! It is a true team effort and we are happy to hear that you feel that we live our mission day to day. We are so fortunate that we have great employees and always want them to feel appreciated and know that they have room to grow. Thank you for your review.

Supportive Workplace and Meaningful Work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 9, 2019
Achieve Beyond provides a supportive environment where you really have the ability to do meaningful work. Direct and upper management always strive to help you succeed in your role by being available and open to discussions about challenges, successes, or new ways of doing things.

In a quick-paced work environment, I've always been confident that I could count on the collaborative mindset of my team, manager, and other departments to meet goals and succeed. This is a great place to learn a lot and grow in your career, whether clinical or administrative.
April 10, 2019

We are so happy to hear that you felt that Achieve Beyond's team is supportive and open! It is important to us that employees feel confident in their ability to work with their co-workers towards goals and we are happy that you felt that way. We strive to help employees grow in their role and to meet the demands of an ever changing work landscape. Thank you for your contributions to Achieve Beyond and to in supporting our mission of helping children and their families succeed.

intern
Occupational therapy Level IIB Fieldwork Student (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 3, 2019
interned at this facility and had a wonderful experience. The interdisciplinary collaboration was great to witness first hand. Everyone on the team is extremely helpful.
April 5, 2019

We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful intern experience at our Whittier therapy clinic! Seeing sessions in action and learning from the team is essential in your clinical journey. We are lucky to have such a supportive team in California and I hope that you consider working with us down the line. Best of luck during the rest of your program.

Good
Special Education Teacher/Special Instruction (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 1, 2019
Independent Contractor. It was a good position that allowed for a lot of flexibility to make your own schedule. I was able to build relationships and work together with families to help their child
April 2, 2019

Flexible work scheduled for therapists are very important! We understand that our therapists juggle multiple responsibilities such as school, their families, another role, etc. Some of our therapists over the years have modified the hours that they work based on their personal situations. We are happy to hear that you felt you could build relationships while working for us and to assist families in helping their children progress in their clinical goals. We appreciate your feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services. Our community is ready to answer.