Achieve Medical Weight Loss Employee Reviews

A great company to work for!
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 12, 2019
This company is really great to work for! The owners and ladies at the home office really put their time and effort into growing you. I've learned a lot here by being the manager. I will say its one of the most awarding jobs as well. Seeing patients coming in, working hard to change for the better, how happy they are!
Pros
Great pay per hour
Cons
No benefits
Overcharging Business Slavery
Medical Assistant (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 3, 2019
Management leaves all grunt work to employees. While they just harass u about sales. Don’t show weight loss journeys because they don’t care. Always new employees because they treat u like slaves. Won’t even provide or sale uniforms for anyone who is not management but expect u to wear what they want.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks.
This company is based on sales not skills
phlebotomist/medical assistant (Former Employee) –  FayettevilleJanuary 10, 2019
pay is great. however a way to pull people in, if you're looking to advance you're "career" this is not the right company to work for. this company is a sale based job other than caring for your experience or skills you actually went to school for. they run thru at least 20 employees a year the turn over rate is crazy then they wonder why they can't find the right employee for their clinic.DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING HERE. very manipulatively people and dishonest company to work for. DON'T DO IT. loved the people I worked with but was miserable doing the same ole thing everyday. literally the worse company i've ever worked for.
Pros
pay
Promise more
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 6, 2018
It was okay, learned about people and liked patients. Wanted us to work off the clock sometimes and told us how we were never doing enough. Liked my coworkers.
Achieve Medical Weight Loss was a WONDERFUL PLACE to work, and I enjoyed my time there very much!!
Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNNovember 11, 2018
This company really cares about their employees by giving bonuses, raises, book club, amongst many, many other perks that I can’t recall at the moment.
Although they had systems and processes in place, they did NOT micromanage their staff at our site.
They put a lot of faith and trust in the staff to get things done effectively and efficiently!!
Pros
Good pay, great home office support, discounts on products, self-improvement courses, book clubs
Cons
None really, except trying to get our sales up; in which, we did not; therefore we had to close down our clinic 😪
staff is very nice. friendly environment
General Manager/Medical Assistant/Reception (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 2, 2018
everyone is very friendly. as soon as you walk in the door you can feel the positive energy. with employees they like to do learning lessons to help expand and grow your mind into a excellent leader one day.
Pros
friendly staff, learning encouragement
Cons
unknown hours
Seems Great At First
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 2, 2018
The first couple of weeks feel like a dream job. Then, reality sets in and it’s a living nightmare. Be prepared to never give an opinion (because no one cares) - also, you will work for free if you go over the payroll they allow. Upper management is a joke. Greedy, phony, money hungry and lacking morals are all words I would use to describe this company. They don’t care about your own personal life at all and expect Achieve to be your priority 7 days a week. Leadership is required weekly which is a joke! Please tell me about integrity some more as I watch this company do the complete opposite. It’s a numbers company and if you don’t hit revenue goals, it’s your fault.. even though it’s a self pay program and most people can’t afford to spend 100$ on B12 injections. There are a FEW amazing ladies in this company but the Tennessee clinic ladies are snobby and unwelcoming. If you aren’t a “kiss butt” type of person, be prepared to not be liked. I would rather work at McDonalds than have to deal with this job again. And trust me, your job isn’t over when you leave the office. They will harass you constantly.

Thank
You
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Greedy, money hungry, fake company
Don’t waste your time or effort
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I was in management for two years at a particular clinic. I had the same girls on my team for those two years. We took this clinic out of the red and hit our goals for 18 months straight keeping the clinic in the black. The owner, needless to say, was not pleased that we didn’t hit our goal for one month and fired the General Manager and the Assistant General Manager with the reason being, “we are moving in another direction.” And were replaced by individuals with no knowledge of the products or medications given to patients and who had no medical background st all. It doesn’t matter how hard you work for this company it is never enough. They do not advertise except for flyers that they want you to pass out on your time not theirs. They are a money hungry who push for the employees to badger the patients to death to purchase a $100 B12 shotcard knowing good and well the shots are less than $2.00 each.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No integrity, Greedy, Upper Management can not be trusted
Waste of time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 4, 2018
Where do I begin? This company is by far the worse to work for. Empty promises and lies. They will use you to do numerous of jobs and one day decide to go another direction. Upper management is so phony and messy. They gossip about each other and laugh behind your back. They have more turnovers than Walmart. Don't waste your time.
Management is lacking and the company doesn't care about anybody.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2018
Unfortunately, this company doesn't care about it's patients or it's employees. Patients are rushed through the doors just so we can make sales and squeeze as many patients possible into a 4-5 hour time frame. It is completely ok to be sales driven, but patients weight loss and well being should be first, always. The managers in the clinic tried but overall they just brought the morale & culture of the clinic down because of constant pressure by the higher ups. This clinic (as many do) has ran through 15-20 employees in the past year, constantly firing or moving you to "as needed" as they would say, even though you never hear from them again. I think the concept of the company is good & positive, but the management needs to take a good look in the mirror. It's not the employees you're bringing in, it's you.

However pay was pretty good for a part-time gig, $15 an hour. Fast paced environment, a lot like any other busy doctors office.
Pros
Good pay, fast paced, room to promote
Cons
No benefits because every one is 'part-time', poor management, will let you go for nothing
Great place to work, but with a few rough edges
PRN Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 18, 2018
Truly, I thank this company for giving me the chance to gain experience as an MA and have coworkers that are like family, but I have a concern when it comes to the lack of communication. On plenty of occasions, I have been turned around because of scheduling problems. If I can be notified at least a day in advance that I (for certain) have to work, that would be great.
Pros
Rate of pay, great coworkers/clients
Cons
Lack of hours, lack of communication with management
you are not an assest
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 25, 2018
no matter how much they appreciate and brag about you, they will cut you immediately when sales are down for new patients and current patients. this company is all about numbers and not actually about helping people lose weight safely.
Pros
the pay is great, the office is nice
Cons
terrible staff, terrible mangment, no steady shift hours and work 6 days per week.
This place is a JOKE
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 5, 2018
Was hired and told I would have 20-30 hours a week... turned out I would barely get 10 hours while supporting a family on my own. Then I get a call stating they are “ letting me go” with no reason. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for this company!!!
Unpredictable hours
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleMay 16, 2018
Schedule is always changing at the last second, some of the employees are catty and rude, which is hard to deal with when theres close proximity. There is a lot of bending over during the job.
Pros
Some offices are better than others
Cons
Unpredictable
good short time gig
nurse (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMay 14, 2018
quick paced. Herd them in and get them out. Sell sell sell those shots and supplements. Great employees are let go because of unknown reasons. The "we have decided to take your position in a new direction" is the reason they gave to 8 of us who worked there. Did the hiring manager make that much of a mistake with 8 people not being good workers. NO. Its all about bringing new people in to get the word out. It is an all numbers driven business.
Pros
easy money
Cons
poor management
Changed my position without notifying me while I was on maternity leave
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 25, 2018
Honestly, the place was great but I HATE that my position within the company was changed without notifying me while I was on maternity leave. the One in charge of overseeing Clarksville operations should have notified me (my managers boss- she was supposed to tell me but never did) I had never been reprimanded and I was a fantastic employee.
So after that unfair stunt they pulled, I do not recommend working with this company.
Pros
Relaxed environment, kind providers
Cons
Poor advertising skills, no breaks
Personal growth.
Receptionist. (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 10, 2018
A great company to learn new skills with. Can be a great place to develop professionally and personally. Lack of support from managment can be frustrating at times. Overall great place to work.
Pros
supportive of family life
Cons
It feels like you work 24/7
Don’t waste your time!
PRN (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 6, 2018
If the company practiced what they preach, it would help! Your concerns fall on deaf ears. They don’t keep staff that actually care about the patients.
NOT at ALL what they claim to be
PRN (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSFebruary 4, 2018
Taking this job was based on lies fed to us about building women up and encouraging each other. It was nothing of the sort. You are given literally no training before opening day to make things worse. Hours worked in clinic and out of clinic are not fully acknowledged or paid to you. If you aren't a brown noser, you can count on getting less than 20 hours every two weeks. They also rip people off with the shots because that is how employees make bonuses. Run in the opposite direction from this greedy company!
Fake
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 24, 2018
This company presents a culture of advancement. They claim to pour into their employees. However, there is high turn over rate and often times employees are let go with not much explanation. It is a great job to get your feet wet in medical office or sales. I would not go into it expecting to be promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Achieve Medical Weight Loss. Our community is ready to answer.