Achieve3000

Achieve3000 Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Company does not work as a "unit" - there is a disconnect that effects the environment of the office . Your hard work is unrecognized, but if there is an issue that arises its focused on and its like your being punished instead of working as a team.
Management cares and focuses on the customers (which is good) however, they fail to care about the office "family" . There is no relationship.
Worked closely with schools in my community to provide support and professional development regarding purchased digital learning platform. I was provided 1-2 office days a week and the rest of the time was spent working on school campuses Prek-12.
I loved my 13 years in Achieve! They are very goal oriented towards helping kids. I didn't meet one person who was not on board with this! Really proud of my time there. Would be perfect if their administrative structure had more opportunities for advancement or a performance bonus/stocks recognition program. A lot of years went by only with the minimum, mandated COLA adjustment - very disappointing. And also, why have a 5 point evaluation system when nobody gets the top rating? Again, a truly awesome company with a few flukes, but overall, a great place to work from the heart.
Outstanding programing for providing literacy development through differentiation. Achieve3000 aligns content, instructional practices and supplemental materials while developing literacy across all developmental levels.
I honestly loved it there. Only left because it was a temp job. It’s a lot in the beginning but once you figure out the programs it’s a piece of cake. You get to work 2-3 days a week from home which is fantastic.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lots of programs to learn
They have a generous time off program with holidays and floating holidays. I loved my colleagues and used Slack, MS Teams and Skye for Business to keep in contact and collaborate daily.
I wish my contract was longer than 3 months, it was a great experience to work there. Lots of support from management to get the job done confidently.
The people work hard, and the product is great. Work/life balance can be tough, especially during back-to-school months. Not a lot of room for upward growth if you'd like to move up within the company.
The company has gone through extensive organizational change since I started working there, and it's super interesting to observe and often frustrating be a part of. Some leaders are excellent, while others have vision but no execution chops. Good work/life balance. OK benefits. OK pay. Lots of nice and fun colleagues.
Great product and vision, but not so great for employees: There are almost no growth opportunities; management that does not value employees who have been loyal to the company; culture is one that breeds distrust.
Over the years the company has promoted strong family values and excellent customer service. There have been periods of huge growth and the company is attempting to take it to the next level while buckling down on core scrum values.
management decisions are made irrationally without acknowledgment of details, e.g. releasing CTO without replacement

separation of roles does not allow pair-programming

technology architecture considerations are not made effectively resulting in huge cost of ownership
Pros
education company
Cons
lacks growth potential
Good/nice peers, terrible management. The CEO is a super micromanager, wants to make all decisions herself, takes on a personal liking or DISLIKE for individuals, all the way down to the foot soldiers. Very greedy, and needs to learn alittle compassion.
Pros
Remote work possible, good pay
Cons
bad culture, very clicky, somewhat disorganized
I think that Achieve3000 could be a good workplace if you are a part of their particular culture. There were many wonderful and talented people that worked there but it was not the work culture that I was looking for.
Pros
Work From Home, Ability to work independently
Cons
Culture was strict due to extremely conservative religious beliefs
Turnover is extremely high here, unless you are a certain religion. They are constantly putting out fires and not trying to fix poor processes. Upper Management controls everything and do not let the people they hire do their jobs
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Always putting out fires, lack of autonomy, management rules by fear
Worst company I ever worked for!
The CEO needs to MICROMANAGE EVERYTHING!

On top of that she has zero respect for anyone, but those in her own religion!

She has no problem screaming at employees, belittling them & treating people horribly.

Constantly setting up meetings with customers & cancelling last minute.

Management there can't do ANYTHING without approval by the Owner/CEO! How about having a little faith in your employees!?

Its truly dysfunctional

While I worked there I watched atleast 1 person get fired a week! No verbal or written warnings!

If you work here have a backup plan. You say the wrong thing or get the CEO upset over ANYTHING, the next week you'll be out!

This company needs to be held accountable for their awful treatment of employees!

Should be illegal to treat people the way they do
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Dysfunctional CEO, Micromanagement, Favortism based on Religion
The company has a good mission - to help students read better to make a lot of money. I know they make money and believe the statistics are valid that students increase their Lexile scores. The company churns employees. I don't see the company valuing its employees and developing their skills. Good pay for sales and top executives but low pay for lower level staff.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Lack of Job Security
No room for growth; micromanagement all around; raises are rare and never generous; appear to be flexible with schedules but really are not; best perk is a lot of vacation time.
Good product. Megalomaniac leadership. Need I say more? (Apparently so as Indeed won't let me off the hook with just eight words. Is this enough yet?)
Pros
product
Cons
top down leadership