Aclara Technologies Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work for. Project manager is a racist and show favoritism on routes
Head Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Project manager is racist. If you ain't black you will not succeed with them, managers are a joke. You argue amongst themselves on who's in charge. You are yelled at when you dont hit numbers, job is a joke for low pay avoid at all cost
Pros
Your own vehicle for the day
Cons
Everything else
Great Company that was bought out so everyone got laid off
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company - We got bought out and it went downhill fast - I understand they are on the mend now under good decent management. Great company for support and mentor-ship. Great Teamwork environment.
Not a bad place to work
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 21, 2018
Nice location. Comfortable. Needs a makeover. Management is Cheep and won't spend Money on the lower 80% of us. Could really use a reorganization.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Is past do for a reorganization.
Great place to work if you are willing to relocate
Utility Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
Aclara has been a remarkable company to be employed with with good compensation and as a field supervisor, you are assigned a vehicle that, if you choose to, you may drive home and to work with.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
none from my point of view
You get out what you put in
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
The management team is extraordinarily helpful providing mentoring, education and aid when asked. On-boarding is daunting, if you've never been a career in the elecrical field. On-boarding documents are in excess of 100 pages of reading material and up to 6 months of video education, not including the hands on education provided. This job, similair to life - you get out of it, what you put into it. If you expect to get by on what you've done yesterday, you will not be successful today.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Project work
Stressful and fast paced
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
Friendly work environment and good people
Alcara is a fast-paced work environment, always looking to improve themselves
Competitive salary, relaxed work environment
Arbitrary punishment and reward
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 18, 2018
The job itself is relatively easy remove old meter put new meter in .It's the toxic culture of the company that makes it an extremely difficult place to work. Pay is based on nothing more than favoritism and punishments are dolled out in the same manner . If you are not planning on traveling with this company you will have zero future with it. If you need a temporary fill in job and absolutely nothing else is hiring go for it . Usual day consists of a meeting where the supervisors pay lip service to safety but in reality are telling you do whatever to get the job done just done just don't get caught otherwise you will be thrown under the bus. Quotas are pulled out of thin air and nothing is taken into account such as driving times to the destinations . I was told by a supervisor that I should work through my lunch hour which is unpaid . My advice look elsewhere for a better job .
Pros
paypay
Cons
heat rain dogs irate customers incompetent management
It’s a dangerous job if your into playing with live voltage
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 30, 2018
When I was working there it was long hrs cause I was doing what I was told you start at 7 am with a meeting that last about 40 minutes long if you get there early like I did you load up your truck and after meeting you leave last meter originally was 4 pm and about time you got back to shop unloaded your truck and punched out it was 6:30 pm and then you worked till 4 pm which was the same routine but they changed again last meter is 3 but still have to drive back an hr so after all is said about 5 pm you where home
Pros
My manager, coworkers, pay
Cons
No protection even for the females
good place
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2018
Good place to work if you like to travel. It was a fun and changing job if I did have to travel I would still be there. Management was great to work with.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Uttermost Trash Job Around
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 5, 2018
Some of the supervisors are complete trash and should not have even been given that position. For the low pay, the responsibilities does not add up to the seriousness that this job takes.
Don't do it. Run away now leave and don't look back.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCApril 30, 2018
Employees were threatened with the north Carolina at will laws after someone called OSHA on the company when an employee was eat up by two pitbull dogs.you have no defenses against dogs.
Cons
The whole company
Meter Installer
Installer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 24, 2018
Installing American Electric Power Meters on Homes and Businesses through out Central Ohio. Company supplied vehicle. High turnover rate among employees.
Dont work for them in the Memphis tn project
Gas (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2018
The company has great intentions for everyone who work for them. But the managers in the Memphis, TN project is a very bad manger and only do for the ones he may like and it's not that many of them he likes. Also the hire some managers to run a project who never change out a meter in there life are have done the job. The manger at the project never likes to use other people who knows how to do the job only because he dont like them. What cost the project to fail because of skin color. But over all the company is good but the managers are very poor managers very bad
Pros
Benefits, off days and a chance to get certified
Cons
Bad managers with no experience
N/a
Technical Support Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 6, 2018
My days at Aclara consisted of taking calls from all outside sources. We were the call center, and I was told that I would be Technical Support Software Engineer in the beginning. This was not the case, unfortunately. I did call transfers and took all calls that had nothing to do with my profession. Everyone their was very nice, but what I did made my days terrible. I felt like I wasn't earning my paycheck and just doing mindless activities.
Pros
Free Lunches, good compensation
Cons
Bad supervision, no overall goal
Productive and safe workplace
Manufacturing Technician/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2018
Grateful to have worked here for 24 years....awesome people and will never forget. Learned many different skills throughout the years anf will be sure to use them on my future endeavors.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Columbus location great place to work Steubenville location terrible more people are hired and Quit than stay
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 29, 2018
The Job was good and enjoyable the Columbus location is a better place to work for great team and supervisors there. Steubenville location was terrible. Supervisor was rude and not and does not deserve to be in management possition. Does not shop compassion or respect to any employees. not concerned about safety or concerns of fellow employees only cares about messing with his paycheck. several complaints were made about the supervisor and management did nothing,
Pros
Loved working in Columbus
Cons
Steubenville location worst place I haveever worked, Suprvisor rude and unperfesional . Cared only about his paycheck not employees or there safety
Only speaking for Seattle - Installer
Installer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 23, 2018
I've worked for Aclara in Seattle since October 2017. I don't know what's going on in other cities or what people expect from a company but Seattle is awesome. The management gets crazy quota from corporate and fight tooth and nail to get those numbers reasonable. They have our back and it shows. The pay is GREAT. The team works together like nothing I've ever seen before. If one installer has an issue, he/she sends a text and gets multiple responses from installers and supervisors almost immediately saying "on the way". We work 4 ten hour days so we get long weekends. No vacation time but I don't expect it for a 18 month project. I can go on and on but all and all, they treat us right. As another Aclara reviewer posted "just do your job". If you do your job and you still don't like how things are going...kick rocks until you find to what suits you. I wish the project was longer but it's a great experience.
Pros
Management, crew, pay, benefits, 4-10's
Cons
No vacation time, occasional difficult customers, occasional bad weather
just do your job
installer (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2018
all in all the easiest job I've ever had I work 6 days a week by choice what is nice about them is the fact that just do your job and go home. the schedule where I am at is 4 tens mon-thurs and than wed -sat. they take every other Saturday but in return you get 5 days in row off every other week a lot to be said for that. I wish the pay was better who don't that why I work 6 days its nice to see that it looks my opinion matters and the promise of better pay at the next job is what im hoping for. so far what they have told me has all been true..
hard to believe these days
Pros
not stressful
Absolutely terrible place to work.
meter installer (Former Employee) –  ramsey, mnMarch 12, 2018
No reasons for being sick they do not care about the person, it is completely about the company and next person up. DO NOT work there you will regret it!! They want you to work almost 12 hour days to get minimum wage, VERY unorganized.
Pros
Zero
Poorly Managed
Southeast Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 8, 2018
If you want to work for a company that does not value their employees then this is your place. They only care about signing contracts and then leaving the customer with now service. They pay well, if you want to work 100 hours a week trying to fix the mistakes of upper management that has no clue how the industry we are in really works.
Pros
pay
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aclara Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9