Acme Brick Company Employee Reviews

Featured review
Acme Brick Company selected this as a representative review
Review
PEM Coordinator/HR/Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Malakoff, TXAugust 27, 2018
Great place to work. They care about their employees and the community. Everyone works as a team, no matter the facility location. Managment is supportive of all team members.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 26, 2018
No pay raises management has no control over operation it’s corp control. Pay is at below average of other local companies. $15 per hr after years of employment.No maintenance on ground getting something fixed is not good. Office people and yard workers are treated differently. Equipment is not replaced when needed. So many OSHA violations it’s not even funny, if they ever get caught they will be shut down
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Bad company
Purchased Products Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 6, 2018
Good place to work if you are in need of a immediate job. Very relaxed not a big deal if you need to take time off. Very good when it comes to family. Pay raises are not good, they are not based on your job performance or position in the company. Benefits are ok but tend to go up so the raise you receive is eaten up by insurance.
Pros
Does not make a big deal when time off is needed
Cons
Does not pay according to individual, same percentage across the board
Loved everything about my job EXCEPT management
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSDecember 29, 2018
Awesome co workers.. awesome benefits... pretty decent pay... great regional trainer but the training system lacks because they have one person doing more than she should have to do alone. Loved everything about it except for the current manager (and upper management). She’s absolutely terrible and a snake in the grass!
Benefits
Very old school
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
If your looking for a upbeat place to work, ACME is not your fit. It's very old school in the way it thinks..

The IT budget is so very very bad. Its impossible to get the tools they need to improve things for the 21st century.

2 weeks vacation, non negotiable for the first 10 years. It is a brick company yet be prepared to work in slacks and shirts every day of the week. Even for IT.

Lots of weekend work and very little compensation. When I was hired, I was promised days off for compensation, which turned out being not true. So any time I have a family issue working from home (which is typical in IT these days) is ridiculously hard and frowned upon.

Not family friendly at all.

There is very little drama, so that is a good point. The people I work with are awesome and tenures show that people are pretty loyal, but remember, it is a very old old company. Their ideas and innovation are just as old.
Pros
no drama
Cons
Very 20th Century thinking
Fast pace physical work
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  perla plant malvern arkansasJanuary 9, 2019
Start morning meeting at 6 am to find out if the line was going to have every track covered with two people per track or if someone was having to go to east gate to help them. Then we'd find out how many cars we needed for the day which never was the same as the supervisor liked to add extra hot cars to the count for the week to make his self look better while wearing us down. We never knew what time we were going to get off as 90% of the time we worked 12 to 14 hours a day and 8 to 10 on payday. the best part of the job was knowing that no matter how tired or wore out you got through the week at least you knew the paycheck was going to be decent enough where youd have atleast 30 to 50 bucks for the following week to make it until payday. Along with knowing everyone up there respected each other as everyone pulled there weight.
Pros
steady work no matter what
Cons
under paid and over worked
Poorly managed
Sales Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 27, 2018
When I first started to Acme Brick my plant manager had worked there for 15 years and knew everything there was to know about every process from start to finish. After his retirement however we were sent a new manager from Tulsa location and corporate placed him in the position without him having the proper knowledge or experience.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Minimal raises
No Raises
DISPATCHER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 27, 2018
Increased responsibilities over the years with no raise or other compensation. No advancement opportunities. Very hostile work environment when you cross supervisors. Stressful and cut throat atmosphere with a greedy culture is a recipe for disaster.
Pros
Company drivers, benefits, pension, discounts
Cons
Management, no raises or compensation, no growth potential
Nowhere to go
OEP Coordinator/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARJanuary 11, 2018
The company was always making changes and cutting benefits. The employees were 50/50, some were wonderful and others were hateful. I suppose this is with any job, but I feared for my life and had to get a new job because nothing would be done about the problems in the office. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people as some customers were in weekly and helping others is something I was put here to do.
Company needs direction
Architectural and Residential Sales (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 20, 2018
All attempts from management to communicate with associates seem insincere. Company pay structure needs updated to retain good associates. Pension was eliminated years ago.
Good
Maintenance Millwright (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJanuary 31, 2018
Long hours good pay fast pace nice people to work with and for good benifets row helth vision dental medical 401k vacation overtime holiday job options
Slow paced place but enjoyable
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 9, 2019
I came here threw a temp service because my last job of three years laid me off. I started out sweeping the floor off and old warehouse then wuickly got hired on after 60days. Then 2 weeks after that I was trained and received my forklift certification
Pros
If you need days off
Cons
Here all day everyda
Not a good place to work for me
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 14, 2018
Very very hot in wearhouse,no place to move up in company for more money very poor work condition we found 3 snakes in wearhouse while working management unfair
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Cons
Extremely hot in summer and extremely cold in winter in wearhouse
Its closed
Head Night Shift Kiln Fireman (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 7, 2019
I'm not really sure what to put here since the plant closed down on the 4th of January, 2019. It was an alright place to work, the work itself was fine but if you wanted to be promoted, or actually learn something about your job, than it wasn't a great place to be
Earn your money
grinding operator (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARDecember 13, 2018
As a person, this job isn't family friendly. The work Is challenging. The work is fair. As an employee I won't slander the company. But you will be expected too learn . No warm welcomes.
Pros
You have a job. An your expected too do it.
Cons
Open door policy. An occasional company dinners.
Good Job but no advancement
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARMay 16, 2018
It seems that if you are a hard worker and do your job very well, management will not move you up because you are needed where you are. I liked my job but no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
No advancement
Fast paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXMarch 17, 2018
A typical day includes lots of downtime and short staff. I've learned a lot from this place it was definitely a stepping stone for me. i just don't believe i fit in with there culture. One can not make up for poor management of a plant going back a decade. The current Manager is on the right path i believe there will be change. For now even if they had payed me more than base rate I don't believe that would have been enough to drive me further i need a reason, a why. The hardest part of the job was never meeting quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with new people and training with them.
Exoierence at Acme brick
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McQueeney, TXDecember 19, 2018
Working at Acme brick was a relaxed job. I drove a forklift and staged loads then loaded and unloaded trucks. Did not enjoy the lack of paid time off of sick leave.
Pros
Driving a forklift
Cons
Lack of insurance
It was okay
Clean Up Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2018
Not the best job, you get really dirty but time goes fast. The pay is good and you have very good supervisors. You can take as many breaks as you want, which was very good.
Pros
Good supervisors
Cons
Lot of dirty work and not the best boss
A company with 127 years of business.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 15, 2018
A typical work day as Office Manager is making sure all areas are staffed properly, supplies are ordered, payroll is entered, invoices are coded for payment, reports are run and any emergencies are addressed. The weakness within our location is handling personnel issues. The workplace culture is family like and overall, we all work well together. The most enjoyable part of my job is participating in golf tournaments and other fund raising events. They are far and few between but it helps with team building.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Low pay
Not a place where I would want to retire at.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasOctober 27, 2017
Work is ok but pay and benefits are horrible. No room for advancement. I do like my coworkers. No PTO. Have to work a whole calendar year before you can take vacation.
Pros
Business Casual dress code
Cons
Pay and benefits stinks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acme Brick Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight