Acme Fresh Market
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Acme Fresh Market Employee Reviews

A great place to work for someone looking to start their working path. Hours can be scarce, but overall the environment is pretty decent; you will gain great customer service skills.
Do not work for this company you will regret every second of it. Management is run by dogs that do not understand what human beings are and do not deserve your time
Cons
I'm currently a cashier at Acme Fresh Market and while I am grateful to have this as my first job, the pay stinks. I am also very grateful for my coworkers. I adore them and hope to be friends with them for a long time. If you are looking for your first job, Acme is the place to be! They don't pay much, but you gain several coworkers as friends and you get a very flexible schedule, which is great if you are a high school/college student.
Pros
flexible schedules, breaks, friendly coworkers, union-based
Cons
hardly any benefits, low pay
i would have still been working there if the employees and some managers wernt as rude as they were. i lived my job and what i did, but they people working with me were just to disrespectful, and sexist.
The question for the review is what are the good and bad things at Acme fresh market , the good for working at Acme Fresh market include very in-depth comforting training . The managers were always very good with flexible schedules and eager to help with any problems in the Work place and could do whatever they could to make the work place more enjoy able and better for employees look like customers .
Pros
In depth training
Cons
Not enough pay
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Working part-time during the summer was great! The staff was very kind, helpful and encouraging, as well as very easy to get along with. I was baggin groceries and working at the cash register which does take some getting used to if you've never worked a cash register, but it's very simple once yo uget the hang of it. Although its a grocery store and it's (obviously) cold sometimes, they provide you with the option of a longsleeve company shirt as well as jacket. I only worked here for a summer, but if I'd go back I would reccommend working as cashier here during the summer. It's very active and you'll never be bored, especially during the summer when tourists and vacationers come through for their travels. Management is awesome and very kind and considerate of needs, as well as very flexible with schedules. The hardest part of the job is long lines of people and long hours standing on your feet. It's also very cold, but you can always go outside on your breaks, of which you get plenty of paid breaks for the number of hours you work a day. The compensation is also very wonderful. You get what you work for.
Pros
great environment, encouraging people, great benefits, awesome paycheck
Cons
cold sometimes, long hours standing, dealing with rude customers, breaks feel short
I have No comments that I will say no no no no no no what else do want from me mama always said if you have nothing good to say better to say nothing at all
Pros
No comments
Cons
Not much chance for advancement
It is one of the best jobs you can have when in highschool. Great work environment, super nice people. There is always something to do. If you don’t know what to do, the manager will help you out.
The relationships you make with fellow employees will last forever, its a great work environment. Also being able to interact with some customers on a daily basis create lasting relationships with them as well. It’s always nice to see a smiling familiar face when going into work.
Loved my job, loved the department that I worked in and the customers were awesome! I miss the customers the. Instore management was good but corporate not so much your just a number to them.
No one wants to do their job. Even at the busiest times. The managers see the employee don’t doing anything and chooses to ignore it. The employees are rude to eachother and favoritism is very clear.
If you are gonna work at Acme you can't be selfish. A lot of the other workers suck, but that doesn't mean your job is that bad. You are working at a grocery store so it's one of the easiest jobs you are going to get, so I didn't mind the starting wage. I became friends with all the managers and they are really cool once you get to know them. Everyone these days likes to complain, but if you keep a good attitude and make friends with the people you work with, it is a fine job. I met some of my best friends working there and looking back I had some pretty fun times.
Have to stay focused because you are dealing with transactions. Also stay aware of accidental spills so there are no mishaps. Always keeping a smile on your face and remain polite with customers at all times.
Being a cashier who was very efficient with time and getting customers in and out as soon as possible. The stress was definitely overwhelming sometimes. But the satisfaction and smiles I received from customers became my motivation to work faster and even more efficient. I created bonds with so many amazing people. I would have conversations and always make sure they were my number one priority. I enjoyed the feeling of helping out the community and making another person's day better.
I have been there since the beginning of November of 2019. and I have been harassed by my coworkers since day one, and it seems as if management doesn't to anything about it even after reporting it. While the tasks are simple, it seems like its hard with it seeming as if everyone is out to get you. The pay is awful and the scheduling is crazy. I need at least two weeks in advance to request off a day for a doctors appointment. Employees are seen as less than liabilities. I've been told that we are easy to replace.
Pros
Union
Cons
Short Breaks, No Employee Discount, $8.80 Starting Wage, unpredictable scheduling, rude coworkers
I really enjoy Acme and would reccommend it as a great first job. I can always count on them to give me the days I need off with no question or hesitation. But I just do not like the staff so much. They are not bad. I just don't mesh well!
Working at Acme is pretty laid back,but someone intense,and I learned that being a manager can really be stressful.Its a real challenge to manage a really big store,but its ran pretty smoothly.The most enjoyable thing about the job is you meet some very interesting nice people.
Very supportive they helped during a tough time they bought store from Grade A had a trial period where there were twenty people I was able to out perform everyone else so I felt appreciated felt like my supervisor listen to me
Managed wants y to o talk to you any kinda way, they need to raise the pay and give employees more hours. Working for the company wasn’t good employees doesn’t get any discount they should provide jackets gloves cause it’s cold in there
Ever since about 1 year back (2018) the person who ran the company changed. It has gone straight downhill. Store directors are only allowed to have 2 full-time employees per department, corporate will come into stores and complain about things that they decided on and blame the managers, as well as yell at employees for looking 'overweight', 'unattractive', and more. They pay you minimum wage, and with union dues its about 6 dollars an hour. Mind you that the union only gives benefits to full-time employees.
For what's its worth, the paid time off and paid health benefits was a plus but minimal raises per year. Made great friends, worked in great communities
  1. Employee Reviews