Acme Monaco Corporation Employee Reviews

Revolving door
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 3, 2019
you will see people come and goes all the time.They're making constantly too many changes in management than literately every one is like a disposable glove.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
poor management
No room for advancement
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTOctober 15, 2018
There is no room to advance, and when you do advance they would no give you a pay raise to go along with the job you got promoted too. There is a lot of unprofessional treatment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Small raises
working culture
Machinist/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEApril 9, 2018
not a good place that has good employee moral, you are over tasked with things to do, they change there mind all the time on how things should be done and it is micro managed to the hill.
Productive and fun place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJune 21, 2017
Overall acme monaco is a wonderful place to work. They are wonderful at working with you if you have a problem. The only thing that was difficult was trying to schedule an appointment around my shift time since it was during the day. But they were reasonable and nice if I had to leave early or call out. It's a great place to work for.
Unless your family, your looked down upon
Manager- Medical Contract Assemblies (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 2, 2017
The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to advance in a company that promises just that. Management is horrible. Not all management, just top.
Pros
Cons
compensation, benefits, management, everything....
Fun Work Environment
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJanuary 7, 2017
Co-Workers are awesome and laid back very friendly environment
3 shifts monday - friday
Earned time off + vacation
Great health care vision, dental, life, the works
Great Work Enviornment
Recieving (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 5, 2016
I worked at this company four 4 and a half years. The people who work there are a "team" and people are real nice to work with. I recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a position within the manufacturing area.
Great place to work!
Admin (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 13, 2016
Love this company. Great hard working people with big hearts! Co-workers are great and we are family. Highly recommend working here.
Great Company that Cares
Manager (Current Employee) –  New BritainJanuary 12, 2016
Acme Monaco is one of the few companies that actually cares about their employees and their families. They have a constant focus on health and wellness as well as weekly company wide meetings to keep employees informed about company highlights and departmental performance. They often give extra paid time off for performance which helps with work / life balance.

The Acme Monaco Team is very involved with the community and helping those less fortunate.

Top Notch!
Small medical device company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 8, 2013
Management and back manufacturing facility constantly not on the same page. No room for advancement and no formal training. Make you work the weekends if they could get away with it.
Pros
Good introduction to manufacturing
Cons
Unstructured & nooone ever has any idea of whats going on
Friendly and very fast paced environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 18, 2012
A very fast paced invironment. Requires the ability to multi task, and having great customer service skills is a plus.
Pros
excellent location
Cons
poor benefits
How is this place still in business?
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 18, 2012
I worked here back in 2009, admittedly only for about 8 months. I ended up getting fired because "I didn't fit into the company culture". Translate that to "I complained about the countless OSHA violations I was forced to tolerate while working". Add to that the fact that management is like a cross between Mr. Rogers and Freddy Krueger. If you can imagine that then you'll have some idea of how bipolar they are. Quality control was also non-existent for the most part, anything goes. In my whole life I've never seen the kind of sub-standard product this business allows to ship. And when you try to correct it? They blame you. I really have no idea how this company can operate the way they do. Job seekers, you've been warned.
Pros
can't think of any.
Cons
read my review.
Small Maine company
I work as a conventional machinist (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMay 15, 2012
Nice place, poor insurance. I overhauled machinery, ran a wire EDM and supervised a small group.
Pros
close to home
Cons
healthcare
it was productive / gave paid vacations
Machine set /operator (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 8, 2012
a work day was good learned lean manufacturing management wasnt that great/they were switching over all my coworkers were great my job wasnt hard i was pretty busy but i like that
Pros
profit sharing
Productive workplace
HR Executive (Current Employee) –  New BritainMarch 3, 2012
Acme Monaco Corporation manufactures springs, wire forms, stampings, snap rings and orthodontic & medical guide wires. Acme employs approximately 200 people between three facilities, two in the United States and the other in Singapore