Acme Tools Management reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management Needs Work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 2, 2018
The managers of the company need more experience. I do not feel that they handled other employees well. They were not very mature and I felt as though I was being belittled constantly.
Great company to work for!
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 5, 2018
I have nothing but great things to say about the ACME Co or it's management. I would return to the company if I was given the opportunity in a heartbeat!
unhealthy, hostile work environment
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 5, 2017
the only good thing i can say about working there, was that the pay was ok. it is a top heavy, boss filled hostile place to work. finger pointing, & blame was the daily agenda. most business type places try to be organized, this place is not.
Pros
pay
Cons
too many bosses to workers ratio
Excellent Company!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 20, 2017
Acme Tools is a great company to work for! Fabulous people and management is fair and understanding. Compensation is fair and everyone is very friendly. Customers are great too!
Training is constant, so you feel very knowledgeable and confident when talking with customers.
I would recommend anyone with the chance to work here, to take the position!
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Standing all day
High paced environment.
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 20, 2017
As credit analyst for 10 retail stores & 6 rental stores it was critical to process the credit applications in a timely manner.

I received a great deal of experience working with irate customers contesting their account.

Everyone at Acme Tools worked quite well as a team. I felt comfortable going to management if I had any questions or problems.

The hardest part of the job was to explain to an applicant why they were denied credit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Never a dull day. ALWAYS busy.
Cons
Expectations of sales associates who feel their customer's app to superced other.
Overall, a friendly environment to work in.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 24, 2017
Typical workday consisted of assembling merchandise to be shown on the store floor. Also, assembled lawn mowers, snow blowers, and trailers. Management was very understanding of my hockey schedule while I was in Minot, North Dakota and they allowed me to set my own schedule. The employee's of Acme Tools were very down to earth and made the job enjoyable.
bad management and employee relations
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 7, 2016
ive worked at acme for 2 years and they are lacking in taking care of the employees,i was just fired because i got injured at work and was put on disability by Acme tools and after 3 months they fired me,really,is that how u treat your employees,the pay sucks,health insurance isnt very good,just so they know i will never send anyone too them,and i will take as much work from them as i can
Pros
Cons
all bad
fun place to work, with good people.
warehouse/shipping (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55446April 20, 2016
typical days are busy, receiving, picking, and shipping. i learned almost everything i know about warehousing at acme. management is laid back and very easy to get along with. co-workers are fun and help pass the time. the hardest part of the job is there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done.
It's possible but not there
Parts Associate (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 13, 2016
it's a good concept with almost no follow through at my location, its a business concept that is very management heavy with no input from the bottom employee and frequently feels like everything is a need to know basis, The HR dept is excellent and if you can work at any location besides Williston it runs better than the pig on stilts I am currently working with
great atmosphere very professional
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 9, 2014
Great and trust worthy company. I learned a lot about retail and inventory management.