Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Found 1,304 reviews matching the search See all 1,332 reviews
employees not trated as equals.
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  UNYOctober 14, 2018
No consistency in treating employees fairly. Would not recommend. This is a retail company not food service. Need to reexamine employee policies. Make sure you investigate before you take the job.
Poor management
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OHOctober 10, 2018
This used to be a busy reliable place to work. Now it is little hours and management that never replies to an email or call except when he replies "thanks for the update" without answering questions or concerns. I was hired in 6 years ago making 13.50 an hour and NIW I'm making $11 an hour, with no vacation pay
Now covering family dollars as sign up on portal for jobs instead of being assigned jobs.
Frustrated.
Pros
Extra money when do have work
Cons
Poor managment, no communication, no set stores
Nice place to work
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 8, 2018
A typical day working at Acosta is all right I service mostly retails in North and South Carolina you had to go in and make sure that everything was in order products stocked, price correct, on hand correct and if not see about getting them change.Most day are litter different, some store takes little bit more of talking to managers to get all displays and endcaps set with the right products and price correctly.
Pros
No raises
Cons
No weekends
fun to work for
Merchandising Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2018
Good company to work for, flex schedule, management was nice and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to drive to stores in towns you never been to before.
work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2018
Been employed with Acosta for 3 years

Pros

Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills. Company offers flex schedules in most department that is suitable for you.

Cons

Benefits and pay
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay
Lay Off
Trainer MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 7, 2018
Worked for Acosta for 15 years and 10-5-2018 I get a phone call from my Manager to read me this fake statement that Acosta wrote. To tell me I'm laid off. 15 years of my life, they have left me with nothing. I WON all kinds of incentive, gift cards and awards FROM CLIENTS NOT ACOSTA.... Trained people many of my coworkers'. Drove hours and hours to cover a store for them. ACOSTA IN ONE DAY HAS TAKEN EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME AND MY COWORKERS.THEY TOOK OUR PEROSNALTIME OUR JOB OUR PAYCHECKS AND INSURNACE. THIS IS WHY CLIENTS ARE LEAVING ACOSTA AND FINDING OTHER VENDORS TO REPRESENT THEM. Worked and worked put out products climbed over pallets set up displays never missed on day of work. Listen to managers yell at me because of Acosta with a smile on my face and say YES I UNDERSTAND I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUE. than lose everything.. Acosta I had your back and you turned on me.
Pros
Cons
No increase of wages, Take your life away in one day.
Some good aspects but also some very bad
ACOSTA SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2018
Hours and ability to unassign a particular job is very beneficial. However there are no annual reviews and no routine salary increases. Since I have been working for Acosta (5 Yrs) I have never received a review or a raise
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no wage increases
Great job
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 5, 2018
Great job for me at this time. Steady and even paced. Set your route and work your stores. Great for interacting with store level personnel.Use the technology that the company provides.
Pros
Cons
Lot of driving
Acosta
Retail Merchandising (Current Employee) –  TampaOctober 5, 2018
Not a great place to work, go from full time to part time back and forth. Haven't gotten a pay raise in 5 years. No career advancement at all at this company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, hours, going from full time to part time
Work multiple stores
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2018
Checking on shelf availability, stocking/fixing OOS (Out on Shelf) items, confirming/building displays, placing POP material etc. Getting on hand quantities corrected, if possible.
Benefits
Cons
Raises
I personally enjoyed working for this company just wish it was more stable.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
I like this company and got to meet a lot of nice people,it also fit into my life style because i was the sole caretaker of my mother and i took her with me to work. It allowed me to work around obstacle that would come up in my life.
Pros
have lunch when you want too
Cons
sometimes long driving time.
Productive work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 29, 2018
Company change. The work was easy. The stores that I had to service where Wal-Mart did not like working on Saturday morning. There where a lot of different teams. This team and that team do this and that. Like I said the company change for the worst not better.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Do not care about there people
Everyday is A Learning Experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 29, 2018
A typical day at work involves arriving at either a Petsmart or Petco. I spend four or five hours at the location talking to pet parents about Natural balance Pet food. It is almost more important to educate the consumer about the nutritional benefits of the food, then it is to make a sale. As a Brand Ambassador we want the customer to know the superior benefits of our food, so if down the line they do need to switch foods, they'll remember our conversation or have the coupon I gave them a month ago,
Pros
Every month we are given 25.00 coupon off a bag of pet food.
Competitive and constantly restructuring to meet evolving market demands.
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 29, 2018
In a typical work day you spend it in your store or stores checking on certain products, stocking, building displays, placing signage, and making sure the numbers match up. You will interact with management on all levels and be expected to build relationships with each one. I learned that this field of employment is always changing and evolving in order to keep up with not only changes in the stores you work in but in competition with other companies similar in the field and you have to go with the flow. Management with in the company changes and your manager directly over you changes periodically as things come up. The hardest part of the job for me is adjusting to the constant change that happens not only within the company but also for the stores I'm working in at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is you're independent to an extent. You do not meet any coworkers or management within your own company except on rare occasions when a meeting has been scheduled.
Pros
Working independently, insurance, full timers get weeks off with the various options.
Cons
Rarely ever get a raise or promotion, constant streamlining can lead to a lay off.
Wonderful freedom to make my schedule to fit my life!
Representative (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working with Acosta! I had an amazing boss that was always so helpful and easy to contact if I ever had any questions. I highly recommended Acosta!
good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 26, 2018
good overall company. many challenges with acquisition of Dannon. Many territory changes due to shortage of field sales people. some travel in heavy traffic areas but manageable
Don't work here unless you absolutely need a job!
Mandate Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 25, 2018
Unless your gonna go back to jail for not having a job for whatever reason, don't work here! Very poor Management. Very poor work hours. Very poor pay.
Job was Interesting
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 22, 2018
With Acosta, it was a part time job which occupied my time. I enjoyed meeting the new people and interacting with them on a daily basis.
I would do it again if it was a full time position and paid more to live on.
Nice job nice Managers
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I had several nice managers. I liked the training. I got to know my fellow co workers and remained friends with some of the.
I was praised for a job well done.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Driving wear and tear on car
sales and service good first proffessional job
Natural Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Sothern USASeptember 20, 2018
A good first Professional position but no real path for advancement. It is not a company that develops their employees. It is a learning experience for people just entering the work force.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight