Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Found 1,224 reviews matching the search See all 1,251 reviews
Love the job
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2018
Loved the job. Just don't like how they don't do raises. I am my UM's goto person and nothing to show for it. I go above and beyond everyday. If they would work on raises i don't think i would look for a new job.
Acosta
PRODUCT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  TulsaJuly 15, 2018
Fun job with a lot of independence. Flexible, and comes with some perks. You will receive a lot of stuff in the mail, and junk will pile up if not careful
not enough hours of work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 15, 2018
not enough hours,worked there when everything was changing at walmart,my position was eliminated.Immediate superviser was great worked with me to try and keep me there but a lot of things out of his hands
Work atmosphere was okay with team associates
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 13, 2018
Acosta does not pay according to performance so everyone is paid the same no matter what their performance is and if you are good you are basically punished by having to pick up the slack for other associates. You don’t know your schedule in advance enough to make appointments or take care of personal business.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No raises
Flexible hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed the flexible hours along with the independence at each store. I liked to stock the shelves, work with the managers, go to meetings, and take part in making the stores more efficient.
Cut hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2018
At first it was good then after a year they drastically cut hours and benifits. Was also told we would never get a raise. And driving all over the place was super hard on the car
Good place of employment
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2018
I learned a lot about different manufacturer. Learn all about the broker business. We had a dashboard in Sharp assigned us daily responsibility. Management was always making sure to go the extra miles for us.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Outsourcing
I enjoyed my two years here but
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 9, 2018
THIS REVIEW IS SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CONVENIENCE STORE DIVISION, NOT RETAIL

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company, and a huge chunk of that is thanks to my Unit Manager. She's an absolutely amazing person to work for. She always has her team members needs in mind. I know this is not the case with a lot of Unit Managers, but WA UM, if you ever happen across this....thank you. I was rear ended recently while on the job, and my boss made sure I was taken care of rather than worrying if I would get my route done on time.

However. I do have complaints. The hours are nice, but the amount of work that we are expected to do far exceeds the amount we're paid. And promotions are few and far between. Not to mention you have to use your own vehicle, so i HIGHLY recommend getting great insurance coverage and not just liability (business coverage is required by the company if you end up driving more than 7500 miles a year). If you live in a small apartment, this job is not for you as you get a LOT of product that you're expected to push into stores.

Great job, just high expectation as an employee with little reward. It's easy enough, if a bit monotonous sometimes
Pros
Flexible schedule, mileage reimbursements, travel, great benefits, paid holidays off for full-time, easy job, you do your own time management
Cons
Use of personal vehicle, pay isn't great, need a lot of storage space, need a large vehicle, gas prices, no overtime, traffic
Great co-workers
Sales Representative / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for Acosta they just need more full time position, that the only reason why I left. You are taught on how different vendors function and they want their product display. Learned how to set mods
Pros
Great manager, work schedule great and co-workers great
Cons
no full time position
Productive work days. Had a Family Day where we got to get off work 2 hours early.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2018
This company has wonderful benefits but lack in the giving raises area. I worked for this company for 8 yrs and only received 3 raises. One of them being .03

My last manager was an amazing woman. The one before her was a micro manager that like to intimidate her associates. And had numerous harrassment complaints and a protection order filed against her but yet still works for the company.

Want to know more about Acosta Sales & Marketing?

Ask a question
You've been warned.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
My experience at Acosta: intense micro-managment, feeling of being undervalued, underpaid and overworked. Instead of raises, overtime was offered to make you feel like you are getting paid more, but the real reason behind this is b/c the department always felt severely under-staffed and it saves the company money to have an experienced employee work overtime, instead of hiring a new full time employee. You see, if you work overtime for them, you'll justify the lack of yearly raise, b/c through overtime you'll have more money. So you stay another year, putting in 60-80 hour weeks for your $29,000 yearly salary again. If you enjoy high stress, low pay and being worked like a machine, this place is your dream work environment. Also, become friends with the manager, if you like being treated fairly.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No raises, poor management, no work/life balance
A typical day at work
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77041July 5, 2018
I had a certain amount of store for the week, that I had to visit. Had to check for inventory on certain product and make sure displays were out for that month of promotion. If it was not out, had to try to find a place and get it out. Met with dept. managers and see if any product needed to pulled from the stockroom.
Pros
That i could set my own hours
Cons
When you have to deal with traffic.
Fun place to work
Tiger Team - Retail Strategy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2018
Good management and very flexible work place. Goo d team and the workload is spread out nicely for most positions, but the company is in a rough patch right now so promotions and raises are pretty much non existent.
Salary stay the same for ever
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 4, 2018
You never get your salary increase, but they increase hours when they want. However, they become unhappy if you passed 20 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of the hours.
Pros
hours are flexible
Cons
Your task never mutch with the retail. It is alwasy a conflict. Guest who lost!!!
Not a bad company to work for if you never want a raise.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 3, 2018
communication with manager could of been better. I never received a raise. They kept making a lot of changes and did not keep you informed as to what was going on. I never meant the last two managers I had, only talked to them thru emails. That is not all bad, they, left me alone and allowed me to do my job.
I loved that I got to go to different stores to work, being able to build a trust with the managers in the stores I worked in.
Pros
flexible hours, great job if you have kids
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Find another merchandising company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Harrington, DEJuly 2, 2018
They will change your schedule late at night for next day without warning. Sometimes will only give you 30 minutes a week so you can't file unemployment. No communication. They want you ready and available always but don't respond or care if you need some work. Most contracts are being given to other companies now. NEVER do raises so a lot of new employees starting get paid more than experienced employees. A lot of layoffs being made and no hours yet they keep hiring even though there's not enough work for current employees. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
If you have bills to pay this is not the right job for you.
a ok
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2018
a ok company to work for has varied products they manage. Little advancement opportunities and opportunities for more compensation.
primarily wal mart team
Pros
na
Cons
na
It’s work, and it pays the bills.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJune 28, 2018
It’s just work. It pays the bills. Your experience depends on your team. You will NEVER get a raise. You may never move up. And if you do, you still don’t get a raise.
Pros
Work
Cons
No raises
Exciting and fast paced
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I was always on the go and constantly busy. We had a very enjoyable team and always had fun. We did however have to travel to different store to perform resets, cut ins and such.
Pros
pay, enjoyable team
Cons
Schedualing for those with children
Low hours, everyone laid off
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 27, 2018
I worked here for quite a while and the hours were low based on the needs of my area and we had a surprise conference call that laid off all lower level employees of the company. There was no warning and the manager didnt address any individual concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Acosta Sales & Marketing.

Powered by Comparably