Acosta Sales & Marketing Employee Reviews

Get your feet wet
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 16, 2018
Decent Merchandising job to get yourself acclimated to the industry. The kind of job you work to gain experience and understanding - once comfortable with work, go find a better job. It gets old fast,
Pros
Easy job, Cool team sometimes even management, low stress
Cons
Driving all over the place, low pay
Typical Day
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 14, 2018
I get in my car and drive to different stores to check on new and existing items. Maintain and stock the grocery shelves. I make sure I communicate with the store manager before living the store.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
No salary advancement
Colorado division was better
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado , TexasMay 13, 2018
Worked in both Colorado and Texas in the same job. The management styles were completely opposite. The Colorado team was pleasant with plenty of hours as I was full time. The Texas team was just rude with no company ethos being followed.
Pros
Cons
no hours no healthcare
What I leaned at Acosta
Director of Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
Acosta is a good company in 15 years I learned that it was a very lean company so there was always lots of activity.

I did learn some additional skills but some of my previous experience
was key to my success.

Local senior management was slow to show an exact career path.
Pros
Flexible time for medical appointments, good office location, 401k match
Cons
Benefits, no workflow structure planning everything almost last minute
Flexible work schedule
Retail Merchandiser, Sets & Projects (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHMay 8, 2018
Hours vary from week to week depending upon work available. Assignments can vary from a few minutes to a few days. Only required to take work you want.
Very relaxing, stress free position!
DRT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2018
You make your own schedule and hit the stores in your route. As long as you maintain frequency, do your admin work, and have a good relationship with your stores the job is pretty solid! Management is also very understanding!
Pros
Make your own schedule, low stress work environment, management is very understanding
Cons
Tons of wear and tear on personal vehicle, can be lonely at times
Awful company, do not work for them
RCM (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 7, 2018
This company does not care at all about their employees or clients. In November of 2017 there was a mass lay-off consisting of two large teams. They have hemorrhaged clients and hang everything on one client at a time (the one threatening to leave). They are inconsistent about hours, either you work many hours or no hours a week. There is no chance of advancement, no chance of raise, and they cheat you out of whatever they can (especially benefits).
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad hours, no advancement, bad communication skills
Very little supervision
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 7, 2018
Very few hours available in January and February when I started. Training was too fast and not enough. I felt like my superviser was overworked and not really interested. Maybe I was asking for too much.
normal
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2018
A typical night's work included removing product from shelves, tearing down old gondolas and shelving. We would set up new gondolas, install new shelves and replace product in the specified order. Sadly, this job is being fazed out by Acosta. A nice enough job, but I would not recommend it for everyone. After all, it it a third shift gig.
Not a bad job
Retail Coverage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 30, 2018
Nothing really was difficult in the job, other than them wanting to cover areas outside of the territory you are assigned. I would recommend working for the company.
Good at first
Sales & Marketing - Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 29, 2018
Was a good spot in the beginning of my job. Then hours dropped rapidly and were harder to come by. After hours dropped they changed the radius (miles) they would allow you to drive with or without compensation for the drive.
Very flexible and was enjoyable to work for.
Retail Community Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 29, 2018
From full time to part with only 15 or 8 hours per week is not helping me in anyway shape and form. I can't even apply for my benefits for myself and kids.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Less hours for part with
Very Competitive. Felt Betrayed many times
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2018
The hardest part of this job was work/life balance. When working from home. Work always follows you home. I learned alot about managing people and will provide that to my next employer but not Acosta. No pay raises ever.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant changing retail business and the coworkers i would call friends.
Pros
flexible schedule and always traveling in a small local area.
Cons
no breaks, eat lunch at desk, no time for family, long hours
Part time
ISE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAApril 25, 2018
It was a part time job, if your looking for something to pick up a little extra cash, or are retired and just want something to do 90% of the work is easy enough to be done by anyone with a can do personality and who is willing to actually work. just didn't seem like a lot of upward mobility.
Pros
only week days
Cons
had to travel
fun place
Kompass Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 24, 2018
I went into the Kroger stores and directed a team of four too do the different resets of the store in all different parts of the store. I also helped with customer service.
Pros
Cons
travel
ok company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 23, 2018
if you like to work on your own its a great company. Not hard work at all, and things run smoothly with the right team. Cool company You get reimbursed for gas used.
Pros
no micromangement
Cons
not full time
goal orientated
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  naperville illinoisApril 20, 2018
I have to goto 20 accounts a week, check items, set displays and give a suggested order for the week.
make your own hours , Independent work, no weekends, no nights or holidays,
Pros
make your own hours, no weekend, one on one Customer service is nice.
Cons
pay says the same, no bonus at ths level.
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAApril 19, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working here. The people are what make the job - very collaborative and kind. I learned a lot and working with Costco is very challenging and rewarding.
Pros
People
Relaxed, but Productive
Business Process Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2018
Supervisors value your opinion and want you to succeed. There is not much micro-managing, but you are expected to do your due diligence. Work environment is very friendly and there is a lot of communication between co-workers and teams.
Pros
very cultural and independent
Cons
salary
Nothing to fight over
BMA to the VP of Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 16, 2018
It is not that the company as a whole is bad, just the small office work environment that I was a part of was far more stressful and full of unprofessional behavior than I wanted to be a part of. There is huge lake of communication, and work flow processing in this company, and the turn over from department to department is big.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acosta Sales & Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

59out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Acosta Sales & Marketing.