Acquia Employee Reviews for Software Architect

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Great company, great culture, great future
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 14, 2016
I joined Acquia back in the end of September. My experience after starting jobs at new companies has always been a bit of disappointment. Generally I found the role or the company was not as exciting as I had thought during the interview process. Acquia is the first company I've started at where my expectations were exceeded in every dimension.

Acquia has a very strong business model and is growing rapidly. Acquia works with large companies and organizations to help them be successful with the open source Drupal platform. They compete primarily with Adobe and Sitecore. Acquia's subscription-based business model provides enterprises with a mission critical version of Drupal delivered via a Platform as a Service (PaaS).

The world is moving to both cloud-native and open source platforms, and Acquia is leading the way in the CMS sector. Adobe and Sitecore will increasingly find it difficult to compete with Acquia, explaining the company's 30% growth rate.

I've never worked at a company that had people that were as smart, engaged, and enthusiastic as the people here. Unlike many Silicon Valley tech companies (Acquia is based in Boston), there is little no arrogance and elitism in the company culture. Instead, people are polite, team-oriented, and fun to work with.

Acquia is the best kept secret in Silicon Valley, but as more enterprises adopt the platform to create world-class digital experiences, the company will become better known. It's really a great place to work, I just wish I joined years ago!
Pros
Great company culture, proven business model
Cons
Too late to get substantial stock option packages when joining