ACT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible - High pay $700 Avg
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2018
I have worked for this company for 5 months and am looking to take on more. I like the pay for the amount of time that I put in. I work weekends often but take off 3 days during the week each week to stay at home with my kids. The manager is really flexible with my schedule too.
Its a easy job that lets me do my own thing really.
Pros
great pay, flexible time
Cons
They use Apple- I am an andriod man!
Haha $45k per year? This place is a joke
Technition (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 20, 2018
ACT really has nothing positive to offer you. I will say, if you enjoy being lied to, not being appreciated, nobody in any management position being able to solve any of your questions, and basically paying the company to make the company money....this is the ideal place for you. Never has anything we were told come through, just other excuses said instead. Favoritism at its finest runs rampant through the company. I would highly suggest going to fast food if you need a job, you won’t make any steps in the right direction working for ACT.
Pros
Some employees are fun to be around
Cons
The entire company as a whole
Garbage Company
Installer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 7, 2018
Working 60 hours a week, including every weekend, and averaging $12 an hour. I mean I could make more at McDonald’s flipping hamburgers. If you like to waste your time, this is a great fit for you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Team evaluator
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2018
Making good performance as a people's person giving a purpose to make work a good place work at and make my teammates comfortable to cime to work and happy
If you like having your money stolen from you work here
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2018
My manager and lead were great. The techs I worked with were good guys and very helpful. Very long hours and the company is determined to keep you out in the field until after 7pm. The pay is horrible. The company steals money from you and when you submit the errors for missing pay they still won’t compensate you. Combine that with having to pay for your own gas and all the things the company charge you for weekly makes this a terrible place to work. The way the company steals your money is just despicable.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, very poor pay, and not properly compensated for the work you complete
The salary is a lie
Drop bury Tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 2, 2018
At act you will not be making 45k. you won't be making 30 either. At act you become a 1099 or "independent contractor" which means you pay your taxes, you pay for all insurances, you provide tools and vehicles. You have contractors under ACT who act like spoiled children and one of them will be your boss. There is no way to advance in this company at all. In 3 years I have watched 5 supervisors go. They will lie to your face all the time and you have to pay absolute attention to your invoices because they will steal your money at any moment and blame you for not seeing their error. Do not think ACT will intervene and help you out as they don't care as long as the jobs get done and the money flows.
Pros
work outdoors in all weather
Cons
lousy management, lousy pay, and trust issues
Fast work and excellent connections
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 13, 2018
A typical work day can be a bit stressful and aggravating but nothing more than any other job. This position has helped me learn some things like: how businesses get paid, collaborating with others, how to express myself in a professional manner, as well as how to work with and around the schedules of others. Management is great in this department, it can get a little over bearing but it's nice as they are just trying to help and keep you on track. Honestly it feels less like a worker/boss relationship as much as a familial situation. The culture here isn't very diverse but that doesn't mean that it's not nice or sincere. Everyone here gets along and is willing to help out if you ask.

The hardest part of this department is keeping up on changes within the company, as well as keeping up to date on billing changes with the people we work for. After the first year it gets much easier to understand and work around, it helps you see the whole picture and all the seasons (busy to slow to busy). As for the most enjoyable part of the job, the people. You can't come in without someone asking how you've been or what's new or if you'd like to pitch in for a delivered lunch.
Pros
Insurance options, Caring Environment, Teamwork Oriented
Cons
Fast Paced, Heavy Workload, Lack of Information
No outside life
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, ksFebruary 19, 2018
My experience at ACT was poor from the get go. They pay one of the lowest training wages I have ever seen. The company is split into 3 different companies which offer no organization or teamwork. I was there for almost 6 months and had 3 different field supervisor. None of which were fired. Just demoted. The owners are constantly pulling technicians from the field to do side work, which leaves the other techs to pick up the extra work out in the field. You work from 7am to 7pm minimum and once it hits about 4 pm you can stop depending on management to give actual help other than being recommended to call other tech in the field. After all the deductions for car, phone, tablet rental and paying for gas as well as tools and the 60 hour work weeks you're making basically 13 an hour. A good thing about the company is the field techs usually have eachothers back to help eachother out when needed or possible. The unfortunate part is you won't have access to every field tech due to the company being split into 3 different companies.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
long hours, poor pay
Great Career Opportunity!
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 14, 2018
ACT is a great place to work. We all work as part as a team to get the job done. I really enjoy coming to work but I also work hard. If you have a great work ethic, this is the company for you.
Pros
Great coworkers, Team environment, Casual dress
Cons
I drive far to work but that's my choice
Love the culture and people that I work with!
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2018
I've been at ACT for a few years now, and having prior experience in this industry with a few different companies, I can easily say that ACT is head and shoulders above the rest. For people that don't need someone micromanaging your every move, and looking over your shoulder all day to accomplish your tasks, this is a fantastic place to work. Management is approachable, and listens to feedback while helping guide you in the right direction to be successful. The office and support staff is friendly and always willing to help when normal issues pop up. I really like the autonomy to be out working on my own, and let my performance speak for itself. If you have the right attitude and work ethic, you will love it here!
Pros
autonomy, field work, management, pay based on performance, working outside
Cons
outside work if you aren't used to it during extreme times of year
rewarding way to earn a living
Install Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 13, 2018
receive work orders in the morning and prepare for the day. i have the ability to work through my day without overbearingly heavy oversight. so long as you use every opportunity to learn from mistakes, you will find it a rewarding and eventually easy job that presents new challenges as you progress. no clock watching here! helping customers with issues and providing expected service is fulfilling and allows me to go home happy
Pros
co workers, and new environments every day
Cons
some outside work so prepare for expected weather