ACT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work!
Area Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA, Houston TX, Longview, Tyler,August 10, 2018
ACT: Area Corporate Trainer, coach/mentor skills. Educate and instruct the business environment and conveys knowledge to the group of employees. Being a trainer, coach, motivator, and a teacher is what support the position as a trainer.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and Traveling
Cons
Spending Account
It was okay.
Fraud Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 23, 2018
My job there was okay, except for the fact that you can barely move around. We're stuck on the computer and can barely take any breaks. We answer calls back to back, and barely have enough time to stretch our legs.
Pros
The pay
Cons
No space
hard work great pay
Forman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LA 70769July 19, 2018
reat job sites the boss always hired appropriate skilled workers jobs were alway done on time and correctly the pay coukd have been better but the the overall experience was great because i only cleaned up jobsites but got to learn a few great construction tricks
Part time Educational Consultant
Field Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
I serve as an educational consultant and field supervisor for ACT where I teach classes regarding classroom learning, teaching, and management; and observe and evaluate 1st year teachers in their classrooms
Pros
Work my own schedule
It was a fast paced environment that had its ups and downs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montego BayJuly 1, 2018
Working for ACT was ok every company has their highs and lows but the pay and benefits made it worth working for the company. You had staff bus for every shift aswell.
Pros
Life insurance
Cons
Lunch subsidy
Bad work place
CSR 3 (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 29, 2018
Favoritism all the time mandatory ET management has no clue what they are doing hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers that cannot seem to understand that the bank will suspend accounts that have fraud activity.
Poor Management
Fraud Department (Former Employee) –  Boones Creek, TNJune 27, 2018
You were promised .75 per hour from training on your first pay check on the floor, over half of the staff never received that back. Management is easy to accomplish after working there for a few weeks, no management experience required.
Fun place to work
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 26, 2018
Great company to work for. The owner is very down-to-earth.Technicians are very knowledgeable of the work. The office manager is well versed on standards and procedures.
Productive and fun work place when we had potlucks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 25, 2018
Working at act wasn't always bad we had some fun times loved meeting new people.when i first started i loved working there but when they changed management the place went down hill it felt like people was picking there favorites it was alike of favoritism in the work place so i didn't like that so i left.
Pros
No free launch
Cons
Cool breaks
Very fun and creative
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 21, 2018
Your needs are met accordingly and the culture is very friendly. Very competitive and help when needed. There is also adequate training and counseling when needed.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2018
Excelente empresa consciente y responsable.
Responsables
Pros
Buenos beneficios
People don't leave jobs, they leave managers
Senior Accommodations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 9, 2018
This statement sums up my experience with ACT. Management that is unable or unwilling to develop talent and grow their organization because they fear they may have folks more talented than them rise.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Managers and Human Resources Culture
It can be a fun working enviroment with Pin Pong table
Retail Support (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 6, 2018
Handling inbound calls to assist other agents with tasks that they may not have access to. Learned a lot about the policys and the systems that we use.
Pros
Pet insurance
its a job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Boones Creek, TNMay 3, 2018
It depends on the depart you work in and varies from day to day. I do think phone customer service is harder than face to face customer service. And they really emphasize the speed of the call.
Bogus company
Commercial Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 2, 2018
This entire company is one big rip off. They charge you to let you drive a company vehicle, and you are required to supply fuel and pay tolls, they charge you to use a company phone if you don't own an iPhone because the apps they use to do the job are only on iTunes, They supply you the necessary tools, but deduct the cost from your pay, and they had me training new hires on my third day in the field, and promised me a bonus for each trainee that made it into the field, which I never recieved a bonus for, even though I trained 3 guys who went on to have perfect metrics.
Pros
Cons
everything about this company
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 28, 2018
ACT was not a fun place to work, the pay was not worth it. It was really stressful, the supervisors were not supportive when you needed help. There was a lot of favoritism and a lack of stability with hours, or being able to get hours that worked with your outside schedule.
It’s fast paced and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 25, 2018
Pretty good place to work if you want a lot of hours , very good benefits . My managers were very helpful , they train you however you really learn what to do on the call floor when you start taking your own calls.
Pros
Hour lunches, cheap insurance
Cons
The co-workers
Can be stressful, but doesn't have to be
Retail Support Team Agent (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 22, 2018
I have to say, that's so far my experience working at ACT has been mostly positive. Yes, things can be stressful like meeting metrics, or dealing with irritated reps, but most of the time if you pay attention during training and learn your systems, meeting metrics and giving the Reps good outcomes isn't terribly difficult. Really, the AHT (average handle time) is the only metric that's hard to hit, the rest you learn to do well on in time. As far as the management, I only have experience in RST, but from what I've seen most of the supervisors are good people who will have your back.
As far as pay, training is $10.50 an hour which increases to $11 once you hit the floor. Then you get a raise yearly depending on your performance after your evaluation. All told this is pretty decent money after taxes.
Pros
Full time, decent pay, Healthcare, not boring, yearly raises based on performance
Cons
Can be stressful, long drive if you live in Yuma, not always as much for support as we need
There was a ping pong put in the break room sometime last year but overall a very dull and boring place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAApril 21, 2018
Working at ACT has definitely been a big time learning experience, good and bad. I’ve met so many great people and made some really good connections. Doing customer service for a mortgage company for the last year and a half has been very eye opening. Learning so much about owning a home and what comes along with it. When it comes to making payments and having an escrow account.
It’s okay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJApril 16, 2018
It’s not for everyone, good for those who like working overnight. There’s no overtime, departure times are too varied. Benefits are basic I would not recommend ACT if someone is looking for a company to offer longevity.
Pros
Good if you like working overnight
Cons
Working overnight