Actalent
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Actalent Employee Reviews

United States86 reviews

You get fair compensation for what you put in

Good place to work especially if you're starting out your career. They give you plenty of growth opportunities and training to advance your career. You have to be competitive if you want to be successful, but the base salary is also fair and competitive. Can be tiring work at times.

The most unprofessional people ive delt with.

One day, I was told not to come into work, and Actalent would call me to tell me why...but they never did. They ghosted me, and only responded to me when I has to phone them all the way up the chain of command. Out of every job ive worked, this temp agency is by far the most unprofessional people ive ever had to deal with. You couldnt pay me to put up with them again.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional, ghosting, temp agency

Actalent insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Energetic Coworkers in a Motivating Environment

Since starting at Actalent as a recruiter, I have learned endless amounts of knowledge. They truly push me to be a better person every single day and are their for me when times get tough. Like every job there are its ups and downs, but I value how much the emphasize feedback and the initiative to make changes. I have never been apart of a company that prides themselves in communication, forming connections, and transparency as good as Actalent does. In my short tenure here so far, I have already engaged in a multitude of team bonding activities, consultant/ client interactions, and been given the resources to push myself. There are endless opportunities to grow here and I highly recommend this company to any driven individual that wants to be acknowledge for their hard work.

Pros

Team Bonding, Opportunities for Growth, Engagement, Transparency, Benefits

Collaborative, caring, inclusive environment that focuses on development of the whole person in and out of work

It is the culture of development that has kept me here for over thirteen years. I know that each day I will be both pushed and challenged as well as supported and encouraged and that is the environment that I want to be in. Joining Actalent right out of college I had no idea how life-changing of a decision it would be. Throughout my tenure I have grown both personally and professionally and made life-long friends in the process. There are not many professions where you are changing the lives of others as a result of your hard work and compassion every day - because of that I leave each day feeling fulfilled and lucky to be a part of the Actalent family.

Hard work and earned career growth

Great job out of college, definitely the kind of position where you get out of it what you put in. Amazing support system and a great company culture.

People That Care About Each Other and Their Work

I have been an internal employee with Actalent for over a year and a half now and I have loved it! This was my first job right out of college, and I do not know if I could've launched my career at a better company. The culture is unmatched, and everyone is so supportive. It is a very feedback driven environment, and I am always pushed to become a better version of myself. I have grown both personally and professionally here. I see a clear path for growth for myself, and I love what I do here. Building long-lasting relationships with job seekers, and helping them reach their goals, is very rewarding!

Pros

Amazing culture, recognition, endless support, feedback driven environment, professional development, Pto, sense of belonging

Cons

If you don’t like receiving feedback this may be knew for you, They are all about growing and developing and I received a lot of feedback in order to improve, You have to be comfortable and willing to look inward and admit you can always get better

Great place to work!

At Actalent not only is the work exciting, but the company culture is unmatched. All of your coworkers are working towards a common goal together and if you ever have any questions the management is there to assist you.

Productive and exciting high paced work environment!

Definitely a tough job. You get what you put in! Everyone around you wants to see you succeed. From the president to my neighbor. BEST CULTURE EVER! A lot of team outing and trips. Never a dull day. I feel supported and pushed to compete from the second I get in to the time I leave in the best possible ways. Room for growth

Pros

Flexibility, Pay, Team, Sense of belonging, Room for growth

Cons

Lots of work!

Great Culture

Great place to work! The people are the best part, it's not a "dog eats dog" environment and everyone truly wants to see you succeed and they go the extra mile to help. They thrive and grow based on how many people they can get to succeed. The hours are flexible and we work from home with a mixture of going into the office a few days a week which really helps with communication and energy. The work outings are great too where we get together outside of work to have fun and build relationships. Last year the owner surprised everyone in the company end of year bonuses right before Christmas which helped a ton. One thing I will say is this is a performance based company and you need to have ambitions on succeeding in your own life and have goals set in order for you to do well here. This isn't a job where you sit in a cubicle and collect a salary every week. There is truly an uncapped commission structure (with base pay) where you can make as much money as you want and get sent to Cancun every year IF you earn it (all expenses paid). This job pushes you and helps you grow past your limits to achieve milestones you never thought possible.

Pros

Culture, compensation, flexibility

Cons

Stress on performing as good as your peers, they force you to level up.

Productive, eccentric and fun work environment! People like to see you succeed!

Overall Actalent is a great place to develop yourself personally and professionally. - I have learned time management best practices and to take chances by stepping out of my comfort zone. - Management does care about personal success. When starting in the recruiting chair, if you put forth the effort - you will see success. - This is a fun place to work, the focus is on productivity and achieving goals. While the hours may be long, the people around you and the work that you are doing makes the day fly. - The hardest part of the position may be extraneous factors that you can't control (counter offers, back outs, market conditions)- Overall Actalent is a great place to learn, develop, step out of your comfort zone, and become a professional.

Productive & Fun workplace with lots of Development!

Actalent is a great place to work with one of the best work cultures, it has amazing work life balance, and endless opportunities for development to make you successful in all areas of life, not just at work. It's also really fun and very rewarding to help people find better jobs, better pay, better quality of life or whatever it is they are looking for.

Company that clearly cares for consultants, colleagues & clients

The workplace culture is amazing and you're surrounded by people who truly care about your development. You are compensated for the hard work you put in.

Great place to work! This organization has changed my life

I am always grateful to be part of such a supportive organization that believe in their people and develops them to become great leaders! We pride ourselves in our culture and weaving in DE&I in everything we do.

Supportive Work Culture with goal to Develop and Succeed

I have been with Actalent for over 20 years. This was my first job out of school and it has given me opportunity to develop and create a life I am really proud of both personally and professionally. We get to do purposeful work impacting companies as they get work done. The company focuses on recognizing right behaviors and provides feedback to help you develop.

Pros

Work with great people who genuinely care about my success

Opportunity and a strong culture of growth, support and care

Working at Actalent has made me a better human being period. The personal and professional growth that so many here have invested in me has truly changed my life and the lives of all those I have the opportunity to impact both internally at the organization and externally with our consultants, clients and the people I know outside of Actalent.

Pros

Great financial opportunity, the people are incredible and when you give it the time, effort and put the work in there is a truly great opportunity here.

Cons

This is job is not for people who want a simple tasks to complete and check the box.

Remote, bad training

Working for Act I got an account with bank of America. The interview process was easy and they provided equipment for me to be able to work from home. But training was bad and there was no real direction as to what value you held with the company

Workplace that develops its people and celebrates success

The company provides a great work/life balance with a hybrid work schedule. The team is supportive and works to develop their people. It can be a tough job but you celebrate the successes along the way. It is very much a work hard/play hard environment. It's a great job for motivated individuals and provides great compensation and bonuses if you are willing to put in the work.

Very flexible and understanding

-Management works with you on any vacation or sick days needed.-I get to choose my own hours as long as they fit in a certain window.-Being remote gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to location

Easy job; No job security

They never mention you end up being a Walmart delivery person. You will always be at fault for any incident; accident etc. Overall easy going job, no opportunities for growth.

Quick Process

Actalent is a temp agency with a very quick turn around time. I submitted an application and was contacted within 2 days and offered one of 4 available positions within 3 days total.

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule

This should be a last resort option for a job

This should be a last resort option for a job. This is a temp agency so a full time role that is staffed with a company is not guaranteed. Only take an offer if you have no other options (in my opinion)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Actalent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits