ACTH Employee Reviews

Featured review
ACTH selected this as a representative review
I love working with Convergent
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2019
Love it. Great enviroment, it is family oriented. . Opportunity to move up, constant training, they are always striving to make it a happy place to work.
Pros
Family
Cons
No cons
harsh environment at times fun not very often
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Contacting co-debtors and debtors, angry cuss out calls, management unapproachable at times, with operation managers overbearing and playing favorites continually.
Pros
Free lunches, contest for gift cards and extra cash.
Cons
abusive clients and managers at times
Fast paced no balance
Team Lead / Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 31, 2019
During my time there I did have a chance to advance, which I took advantage of. If collections is where you find your zen than this may be the job for you.
Official response from ACTH
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your review of our ACT - Mason office, we appreciate your feedback. I agree if you are into collections, we are the place to be!

Amanda - Director of Talent Engamanet and Culture

Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Great place to work I'll tell people to go to apply to work for a great company and they are very nice and friendly and helpful so that's all I can say
Great place
Stanly Medical Center Field Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 13, 2019
This was a great place to work. I cared about its employees and made you feel as though you matter as a whole of the company and not just as a number in a spot in the company
great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
great people and great work place.

people like coming to work and helping each other

being able to work with people that care about doing the right thing by co and others
n/a
COLLECTIONS MANAGER/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Good bonuses but goal are extremely high. Lost DOE contract so no new inventory. No job security, will fire anyone for any small reason no matter how long you work there or how loyal you are.
Worst company i worked for
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 7, 2019
Bad company.The training was horrible. No training.health insurance $600 + med and dental. There pay suck! Wanted us to use of own devices for work...
Pros
Cons
Benefits medical and dental $600+, no proper training
Cutthroat, hard to advance, LOTS OF FAVORITISM
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 12, 2018
Pay is decent.
If you underperform you better start looking for another job because coaching is a joke.
If you don't kiss upper management then you'll sink and drown.
I lasted a while because I had to steal accounts, cut corners, and stay on my toes.
Managers will papers you for everything so they can say that they Coached you and helped you. When in all actuality they are just worker bees sticking to an agenda. They don't truly care about their employees.
Management will transfer calls to their favorites and then praise them for doing well after each account was given to them. I had to beg, borrow, and steal to survive. While the favorites who LITERALLY kissed the managers and went partying and drinking with them just sat in their seats doing their nails and drinking Starbucks got calls directed to them. It's not hard to reach your goal when all you do is get accounts handed to you.
Goals were always high and unreachable.
Compliance was horrible which is why they always lose accounts.
I do not recommend ACT
run!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Favoritism
It was a good job I liked what I did.
Clerical Representative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VADecember 12, 2018
It was a typical Clerical job lots of faxing tons of mailing and emailing. Very impersonal. I did not speak with customers which I love to do but I did retain alot of knowledge about the insurance industry.
Pros
Benefits and location
Cons
Not a lot
Family environment, fun place to work
GA Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 9, 2018
Management very easy to get along with. Learn something new everyday. Working at ACT was a learning experience. I started as receptionist and was immediately trained to be an admin. Very fun place to work. Family oriented.
Pros
Rewarded collectors

Want to know more about ACTH?

Ask a question
It's A Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 6, 2018
It's a typical call center. They outsourced for Sprint. I learned a lot while working here, skills that I can take to another company if need be. Great transferable skills.
Fun relaxed place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
I would definitely recommend friends to convergent outsourcing because it’s a great place to work. It has a relaxing environment and the benefits are great
Work culture
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  5531 stockdale hey Bakersfield caDecember 5, 2018
Stressful environment , a lot of favoritism, people who were on top remain on top because management would only help top performers. Many things were kept from employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unfair treatment
Great Companny led by people with automation in mind.
Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 3, 2018
Great support from leadership. Freedom to explore new innovative vendor products to enhance performance is expected, and leads to increased performance.
Pros
Management, Os, and pay
Unorganized
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
Convergent has the potential to be a great work environment however it is very unorganized and the employees are underpaid. 10.00 hourly for the level of work required and 15.00 an hour for supervisors to work in very stressful environments with no support can be very draining.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 29, 2018
A typical day at Convergent included task such as resolving customer complaints and striving towards customer satisfaction. The culture in the work place is one big melting pot, so many different people from all over, with completely different backgrounds.
relaxed even though sometimes fast-paced
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 26, 2018
A relaxed workplace with good benefits and perks, but a little lacking in leadership professionalism. Overall, a pretty good place to work and fairly stable, with in-house retraining if a project ends.
The management and training is very unorganized
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 24, 2018
I got hired in October for the debt collector and the training was so unorganized and I didn't even get a chance to get on the phones they let me go saying it wasnt working out
Pros
You get a 1 hour lunch break and you only work Monday through Friday
Cons
Varied shifts
Review
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 16, 2018
If youre considering working here ensure you have no appoinments or will be ill during training because you will not be able to finish and have to Start all over again.
Pros
Plenty of hours to work and overtime, varied schedules
Cons
If its during your 90 days or during training, God forbid you get sick then youre out of a job and have to start training over.
Good company .
Third Party Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2018
A great company. Provided excellent Medical and Dental benefits.
generous paid time off 401 K. The pay structure was excellent.
My managers and lead were wonderful to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACTH. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight