Action Family Counseling Employee Reviews

Fun family setting
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 19, 2018
love the environment, the people, and what I do for a living, however the pay rate is not a rate that can be lived off of. Many pros within the company, no stability and no room for growth.
Pros
free meals
Cons
healthcare, pay rate
Drug and alcohol dependence and mental illness work.Giving people the help they need to get back to their life.
Chemical Dependence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Fast past residential coed rehab that keeps you on your toes.
Seeing people and their families become healthier and working through tuff times as they deal with the hardships and pain of addiction.
Pros
Great cook who love to feed you.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Great pllace
RADT-1 Drug and alcohol counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Very friendly staff. Family atmosphere with true enjoyment and passion of the job. Most caring group of people, always willing to lend a hand and share knowledge.
Pros
Fun, Loving, helpful
Cons
low pay
Great learning company
Registered Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with many team members of diversity and knowledge. It was fast paced and you learn the program quickly.
I enjoyed working here as well.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Piru, CAApril 5, 2015
This is my brothers company and I worked here to fill a gap in between schooling. It also taught me most of what I know in terms of technology.
Pros
I learned a lot about computers
Cons
nothing
N?A
Recovery Worker (Former Employee) –  Piru, CAOctober 25, 2014
I would not recommend nor suggest to work here. THey are not stable when it comes to managing and scheduling.
Great place to work!!
Program Director and MFT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 16, 2014
~EXCELLENT Management / Staff
~Enjoyed working with youth
Counseling intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 13, 2014
I completed my internship hours by working with adolescents in an outpatient program. Facilitated and co-facilitated multiple groups sessions. I performed dozens of intake interviews. Developed treatment plans. I supported client’s families with family-related issues. Hosted family/individuals group sessions on relapse prevention assignments, attending AA and NA meetings with emphases on establishing new friends, connecting to a sponsor, and working with clients who have co-occurring disorders. I worked closely with CPS on multiple cases. Solidified my understanding of the sensitive nature of recovery, related ethical issues, and importance of discretion and maintaining client confidentiality at all time.
I enjoyed working as a team and meeting the needs of a diverse group of clients
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Paula, CAFebruary 28, 2014
I enjoyed helping people in an empathetic but compassionate way. I worked well with my team as well as on my own. I made sure that my work was complete and efficient. Being challenged on a daily basis helped me to grow in the field.
Pros
Working with a great team
great facility for patients
Medical Tech/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 14, 2012
Managment is very poor, very non professional working environment.
I was set on patient care though, because that is what really matters in the overview big picture.
Pros
travel/ free lunch and dinners
Cons
the managment
Rewarding work helping people change their lives for the better.
Treatment Advocate for Sober living (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2012
It's a high stress work environment, but at the end of the day the feeling of accomplishment for helping another human being is profound. The teamwork of employees is a must to excel in this field of work and you become a very tight well oiled machine. The hardest part of the job is without a doubt having to say goodbye to clients. The most rewarding, showing that team work and communication solves most any problem.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
poor health insurance
Productive and Very Good Work Ethics
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newhall, CAAugust 19, 2012
Excellent Program Director
Excellent Drug and Alcohol Counselors
Integrity And Honesty First
great work lousey management
Director Residential Program (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 31, 2012
Every memo contains a threat in some way of there are people out there who want your job. The management team is made up of ex-cons and expects that you are working an angle and trying to steal from them. Working there is like an evil game of spin the bottle. If the fickle finger of fate points to you, and eventually it points to everyone. If you can't stand the pressure-there are other people out there that want you job. It is like having an abusive boyfriend, when you are there you can't leave and when you leave you wonder why you ever started. If you complain while you are there, they try to convince you that they are the only ones who will take you "you could never find any place where you would get away with what you get away with here" (an actual quote). Working there is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, it only feels good once you stop. If they spent half the time and effort they spend on keeping the competition out on making the place better they wouldn't need to sandbag the competition. The CEO used to be a used car salesman, any questions?
Not the most professional place to work
Treatment Advocate (Current Employee) –  Saugus, CAApril 4, 2012
I have been working for this company for over a year and a half now. I have not had a "6 month" review yet, which I was told should have happened by now. The staff here are for the most part friendly but can be pretty self-centered. I would not recommend someone to this job whom i cared for.
Pros
free meals and easy work for the most part
Cons
mentally and emotionally difficult