Action Financial Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Run far away
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2019
AFS/AFCS is a horrible place to work for. They pride themselves on their culture and being family orientated. What I learned is if you dont go out of your way to fit in they no longer look at you as family. They handle business in a bullying fashion. Their is no real HR in the company so nothing is confidential. I had an issue and I want to the CEO of the company due to an issue with HR and them discussing my business on the floor in front of all other employees. When I asked the CEO was this appropriate he stated no and that this was a conversation she should of had with me in private, the next day the trainer came and said he needed my help with something, the CEO said over the phone that i was being terminated due to not being a good fit. I saw them in the month i was working there fire multiple people for some of the most outrageous things that they let others get away with.
Pros
15.16 per hour
Cons
everything else
Love my job
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORAugust 8, 2019
Best managers I have ever worked for! Very positive environment. Good starting wage, ability to earn commission, 401k, health/vision Insurance paid by company.
Great
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 5, 2019
Amazing and very detailed training class! lots of opportunities for extra money. They are always helping you get to that next step. 10/10 recommend for someone self motivated and driven.
Terrible experience
Collecter (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 15, 2019
You start off in a class. You are not allowed to ask any questions in that class that pertains to the job without getting a talking to. The first day you go over the countless ways to get fired. Also half the day on the last day off class about 20 more ways to get fired. You are then given a 120 question test at the end of class you can miss 6 if you miss more than that say you miss 7 Terminated. Place is a joke you get 1 unpaid day off a year even though Oregon law requires 40 hours of un paid time. Place is a joke if you get the job enjoy the under pay you receive. 4.04 over min wage is a joke. Yes they do have bonuses also a joke 1 bad call and it's gone all you have worked for. Also have to get there early to not walk a mile to get to work as there is very limited parking.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
The dictator ship of the company culture
terrible place to work period
Collector I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2019
I was on the phone on my break speaking with my kids dentist and they terminated me for coming back 1min back from break not lunch an break.......Always was prompt and the best collector and terminate me for being 1min late back from break yea come on ACTION FINANCIAL YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER
Pros
company
Family
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 30, 2019
I absolutely love it, so family oriented, the managers are amazing and listen and the owner well to say the least she is by far the most amazing person I know
Great Place and Team Focused Office
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2019
I have been at AFS since February 25 2019. From the moment I came in to interview. Every agent welcomed me with a smile and a good luck. Love it here.
Pros
The management team is so helpful from day one. They are there to help you succeed.
Cons
N/A place is amazing!!
See below
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2019
See previous review. This company and their concept of insurance tracking no longer exist. The banks do their own tracking now. This company was the first company to provide insurance tracking services to banks.
Official response from Action Financial Services, LLC
September 10, 2019

Comment does not apply to this company. We are not in the insurance industry.

You never know when you are going to be out of a job
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2019
You never know when you're going to be out of job at this place. I was there a month and a half and watched people get fired EVERY SINGLE DAY for the PETTIEST reasons. My training class started off with 22+ people...by the time training was over ,we were left with only 6 women out of the 22 we started with and training was only 3 weeks!!!! 22-6=16, 16 people got fired in 3 weeks. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB I EXPERIENCED THIS WITH MY OWN EYES!!!! I got fired for having my cell phone. This job is not financially stable or secure. RUN FAR FAR AWAY!! The pay will reel you in, but won't keep you employed here!!!! IF YOU'RE NOT A SUCK UP OR TEACHER'S PET OR BUTT KISSER, DO NOT APPLY TO THIS JOB!!!
Pros
The pay is $15.16/ hr.
Cons
You can get fired for any reason any day and not know when you're going to be out of a job, No job security or stability
Weird
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2019
I interviewed with this place and they really seem to like me. After I did everything they wanted (filling out allll the paperwork they have you do) I was called the next day saying that they were not moving forward with me and would not give me a reason.

Please do not waste your time with the Indy location. These people are a joke and time wasters.I would have never given them all my information for a federal background check and my fingerprints if I would have ever suspected this. They gave me the impression I was hired and just like that rescinded AFTER getting all this information on me!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Them
apply only if you have no other option.
Account Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 4, 2019
The culture they push is a surface lie at best. They will tell you it is a family, and then pull the entire facility into meetings to remind you that you are replaceable and horrible at your job. Owners exact words to a colleague were " i can't believe I wasted money on you" and this was to someone that was hitting commission.
Great family enviroment
Admin (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 15, 2019
I feel so fortunate to work for such an amazing company. My job has become a family of happy, fun, and friendly people. Very upbeat and energetic atmosphere.
Pros
Amazing from the owner down.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Energetic, fun, hard working, team atmosphere
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 14, 2019
There are stressful times but we work as teams to reach goals and help each other out, managers are willing to step in and help out and are always looking to positive ways to keep us motivated, new promotions or company potlucks just to name a few.
Love the positivity and encouragement this place has.
Pros
Incentives, Encouragement, Recognition
Cons
Can have high stress moments
Great Comany
Collector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2019
Action Financial Services is a great company to work for. The managers are incredibly helpful when (if) you’re struggling. The CEO truly has a passion in the people and doing what she can to make the company happy, client happy, and employees happy. I enjoy coming into work daily because my co-workers are truly like family. Motivational meetings with the strategies in the morning help start the day off right. I would suggest applying if you are interested.
Pros
Great executive team, helpful managers, positive atmosphere, monthly pitch-ins
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 10, 2019
Great place to work, owner cares for you as a person and not just a number. Very friendly atmosphere, good management team cares for you wants to see you do well!
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Nothing really some stressful calls
Management Team Fake News
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medford OregonOctober 29, 2018
The management team allows people to cheat others out of commissions and plays the favorite game. When I first started the CEO was very focused on employee satisfaction.. now it's all about the numbers and the many different ways they can save a buck by changing the commission structure. Employees are starting to leave that we're long term... that should tell you something...if it's too good to be true.... you figure it out.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Management Team Encourages Deception
A very positive environment for all employees
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 19, 2018
It's a great place to work. The people are positive and always ready to help each other. Almost all the managers are nurturing and encouraging, always ready to step up, pitch in and help when I asked for it. Great group of people.
Pros
Great pay, Great benefits, Positive people
Cons
Growing pains at this time
Exceptional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, OregonSeptember 26, 2018
AFS is a phenominal business ran by, and with phenominal people. I very much appreciate that anyone coming in possessing negativity, bullying, or unprofessional habits is immediately and politely asked to leave. This makes the internal environment a protected space inducing a high quality business along with an extremely high quality employee working environment. I am proud to know that every single one of my co-workers is trustworthy both morally and ethically, hence the reason some dont make it out of training and into the business. I highly suggest you plant your tree in AFS and watch yourself blossom into a profession and skill set that will reward you long into the future beyond just a paycheck. If you are an honest, hard working professional you have found the place you can not just survive, but THRIVE in.
Pros
100% PAID health insueance, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Zero
Great hours and family feel
Accounts Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I have never worked in collections before so I had a lot to learn. This is an always changing environment that keeps you on your toes. I was able to find a niche in this company that works for me and I enjoy what I do. I love the people I work with a and the management team is phenomenal. The CEO is a strong, competitive female that wants to be the best and wants the best from her employees.
Pros
10 days of paid vacation, good pay, employer paid benefits
Cons
Parking is a challenge some days
Best place to work
Admin Rep (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Being with this company for the past 7 years, I love the atmosphere, the people and the culture.
I love the support and the push to be a better me. The managers are awesome and always put others first, motivate everyone daily to push. We are always in the loop with everything and never feel isolated.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, hours, pay and the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Financial Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Action Financial Services, LLC Reviews by Location