Action for a Better Community, Inc. Employee Reviews

ABC Is not a community agency
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 14, 2018
They pretend they care for the community, the care for their own. Uneducated management, favoritism, hostile work environment. Be careful. What I gained from ABC...knowledge of what hated looks line. Good luck.
Pros
Summer off
Cons
Management and they are not a community agency
Supportive, friendly, growing agency
Education and Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2018
ABC is one of the best places I have ever worked. It is a non-profit community action agency devoted to assisting the community of Rochester and Monroe county to overcome poverty and barriers to employment and success.

I work in a building with several departments in the same area. Everyone is friendly, social and professional. All the comments I hear are positive. It is such a pleasant environment.

We are experiencing a lot of growth in my program (education), so it is challenging, and there is a lot to do, but I am always supported by my supervisor and the director of my department.

I feel appreciated by management for the work that I do and my input is always welcome.
Pros
Support from management, benefits, doing good work for the community
Cons
Due to non-profit status, salaries are lower than competing for-profit businesses.
stressfull
Child Care Assistant, Early Head Start (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2018
too much drama and the importance of children gets lost in paperwork and deadlines ....also a lot of back stabbing and talking about others behind their back
Fun, Hardworking
Community Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2017
My experience at ABC was cool, fun, took a lot of hard. We did a lot of community service work got to bond with kids. Help out clean up our communities trying to make a world a better place to live in.
Loving family loving place
CCA child care assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work helping are children learn how to read do math learn how to spell stare help other. Working there is Amazing I love everything about it
helpful summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  rochester,nyMarch 21, 2012
they help you get prepared for other jobs and make sure you understand how to be a good worker
Pros
Cons
n/a