Action Logistics Employee Reviews

I was a delivery driver
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2019
At first this job was paying good money per mile and they decided to change the pace system, not for the benefit of the owner operator but to make more money on a driver sweat they had no responsibility gas the maintenance of your vehicle but yet we started making less money just couldn't take it no more decided to leave not a good place to work
Okay job, but only if you have no aspirations for advancement.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHAugust 8, 2019
Action Logistics is an okay position, but only if not interested in career advancement. My experience is that promotion is not based on relevant experience or schooling. When my former GM left the company, the job was handed to a person with no managerial experience whatsoever. I had extensive managerial experience but was never considered for the position. No interview...the job was just handed over. The director is very disengaged as to the future of the company. Frequent inquiries as to my future advancement in the company has met with no response...just total evasion. I can honestly say that in my extensive work experience, I've never seen a company have a General Manager with so little experience and has proven to be so inept, still keep his job is astonishing to me.
It is a good job if
Medical Courier (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 5, 2019
If your are seeking part time work this is a good flexible job. It's very rewarding when your able to deliver to different hospitals to help assist those In need.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Having to wait hours before you are able to deliver
It was okay
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 30, 2019
Job wasn't the best pay for hard work and harder you work you earned that amount but it was the fairest way to pay people because you have to work very hard to make decent pay
Great opportunity
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 17, 2019
The potential is there to make money. It’s a hustle! Put in the time. Be flexible. Some days are favorable than others. Compensation is weekly. It’s a community based job one could be proud of, we help save lives.
Wouldn't recommend
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2019
Very poor management and pushy dispatchers. Whenever a problem occurred and it was necessary to speak with management they would ignore your call literally for days.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great place to work if you don't mind work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 5, 2019
I really like this job , because you will get a great workout at the same time as being productive. Great people to work with, even though like any other job 5here are some who will make your job harder, but overall it's rewarding.
I mean...it’s better than nothing...it’s a job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
Works if this isn’t your primary job, easy to do, nights and early mornings are the best times to work if you want a better pay, not the most professional company to work with
Pros
Work as much as you want
Cons
You use your own vehicle
productive fun work place where there was food bought during meetings and work together as a team.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJFebruary 20, 2019
With this job it is overall productive. Action Logistics is a good working company. The company offers health benefits after a certain amount of time.
it pays the bills
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Good place to work if you know or speak Spanish, it is a lot of hands on unloading the tires. You also need to know how to use and drive a clamp machine.
Pros
I'm salary
Cons
A lot of hours for the money
managers
Loader/Unloader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 1, 2019
Management does not care about family. Its stressful. hours are long and it takes a toll on your body. they train you to drive a forklift and certify you as well
March 25, 2019

This is the wrong company. We do not have operations in OK. We are operational based in Atlanta

Watch this company. Shaddy dealings
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2019
This company started off good then went slowly downhill. As a former driver I can promise you to not bother with these people. The owner lies to you and says will meet and talk and never does. They are on there way out of business also.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
March 25, 2019

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you think AL is on their way out of business, it is actually growing everyday. Do a little more research before making a naïve review? The owner does not intervene with the drivers. We have staff that takes care of this.

Stay away contractors
Contracted Independent Driver (Former Employee) –  Notfolk, VirginiaOctober 22, 2018
The owner is beyond disrespectful, lacks integrity, and frankly doesn't know how to conduct business in a professional manner. The Owner and his dispatch department are not well organized. They practice poor communication skills with not only themselves, but also with the driver's. Their pay isn't that good for how needy and demanding they are. The amount of stress you will go through, the extreme amount of hours you may work, plus the amount of work you will put in, and for such mediocre pay... is just NOT worth it. All these routes cost you lots in gas money, and maintenance on your car. The pay isn't near matchig all the headache. They treat their drivers like slaves. Drivers whom are technically business partners with them, because they are all independently contracted with their own business names. They treat their best drivers terribly., and I'd hate to see how they treat their other drivers. Their nice when they need you. I mean to the point of over the top butt kissing, and the moment they can screw you over they do. They aren't trust worthy and have a reputation of this type of behavior. You'd be better of finding a different company to contract though that has better attitudes and business practices.. and that actually appreciates their drivers. They've not paid people. They've thrown people off routes for no good reason. They lie on their drivers to make themselves look better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything about them is ridiculous
March 25, 2019

We are sorry we could not make your time worth while. According to this review, maybe it was not the staff that had bad attitudes?

Noisy and often hot work
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 4, 2018
Its alright; its a pretty straight forward type of employment. Handling tires and loading them into trailers. Pack trucks bring the tires into the trailer; loaders such as myself, take them and throw them onto tire tiers that we build by stacking the tires in a formation known as "ricking." Sometimes we stack them in a stovepipe fashion. The trailers are unhitched from the truck and docked there, until full...
Pros
4- 30 minute breaks many days off
Cons
Can be hard physically.
March 25, 2019

Thanks for the 4 star rating however, We do not have company operations in OK.

Terrible Place
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 3, 2018
Stay away. Make way to little as a driver and all the coosh deliveries never happen and you put yourself in danger on the road and the management keeps all the money for themselves. Awful.
Pros
Cons
Pay. Hours. Management
Poor Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
The company has a very high turn over rate for their employees because of its poor management. Do your homework on the VP before considering employment here.
It was a team work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 11, 2018
When I start working in action I had to learn a lot of ways to do the job it was a heavy job at the beginning but when your start getting used to it it gets better . at the time I jump to the position of forklift operator and I the like it I did it for 6 years and I went to different warehouse in different state to work for my action logistics

Thank you for the 4star rating, however we do not have forklift operators

Good Experience but not a company with lots of advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 11, 2018
The biggest problem working for Action Logistics is we are subcontracted by DHL supply chain. This means we are the bottom of bureaucracy. We are often blamed for issues we did not cause or are force to solve other people's problems. Since we are the last ones to see the freight we are the ones that get the blame until we prove we did not cause the issues.
March 25, 2019

We appreciate the review, however we are not in operations in the state of OK

So Much Better. Good Place to be.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 23, 2018
I've been here for years and we finally have a manager that engages the employees and his management team. Everyone has a direct line of communication and we use it often. A place will always have a few rotten apples but you push through.
I have seen Loader/Unloader become a Lead and then a Supervisor. There is potential here if you express that you want more. I have even seen a woman climb the ranks to Management. Very promising to see.
This is a place where you ask yourself "How much do I want to make this week?" And you Make It.
The job is hard and we should be paid more but good to see that the place is now fair and we are being taken care of.
Pros
Most Management and Co Workers
Cons
Very Labor Intensive. Pay could be better
March 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating, however we are not operating in the state of IL

Very Hard work, low pay, poor work life balance, almost no room for advancement
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2018
Surpervisors and manager there are good helpful knowledgeable people but will look out for their kind before anyone else, job itself sucks, paid production (by weight of tires) take home $500-&600+ per week if u decide to practically live in the wh, short lunch unpaid, no training to use equipment,
March 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating, however we do not handle freight nor, do we have operations in McDonough GA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9