Action Logistics Employee Reviews

Micro managed
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 11, 2018
The company has no foundation and no base. The supervisor team is micro managed by the general manager. It has taught me however how to strengthen my leadership skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Junk equipment
Yard Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 6, 2018
Getting yard trucks repaired was next to impossible. We operated vehicles on city streets with burned out headlights, tail lights, hazard lights not bworking.
Pros
Off every other weekend
Cons
Operated junk equipment
Awful pay
Spotter Driver (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMay 30, 2018
Pay was literally $8-9 below normal pay. I spotted trailers. Inside they threw tires all day for even less. Incompetent people you had to somehow pretend you respected.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Somewhat laid back
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2018
Many different job types there. It's a laid back place for the most part, but there is no room or chance for advancement. It's not a place for a career.
Pros
Easy going and laid back
Cons
No advancements
not a place to bluid your carrer
Selecting Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 26, 2018
hard work and low pay .it is not a job i can stay and bulid a carrer on not even a steady pay job . i would like something with a steady pay and atlest 40.hr a week
Good place with low pay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2018
You can put in the work, but you will get paid the same as slow people. Can make decent money with alot ot overtime. Needs to be an hourly job. 3 30 minute breaks.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Payed by weight
Work at own pace.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2018
Action logistics is a very good company to work with when it comes to times, schedules and management. The dispatchers are all flexible and easy to talk to. The problems I have is one, the time you got to wait at the ARC compound in the queue before you get a load. You wait sometimes for hours without no wait pay before you get a load and then you come to find out it's only going 4 miles that you get paid 12.00 for. You then drive back to the ARC, get at the bottom of the wait list again to get another load. This really sucks cuz you might not get another load again for hours cuz the waitlist is so long. You used to get wait pay at the beginning when they had less drivers but since they recruited more drivers, the wait pay was cancelled. You only get paid for the loaded miles you drive now. They don't care about the tolls you pay, gas you burn on your way back to the ARC cuz you have to be on sight before you can get a load, millage or ware and tear on your vehicle ect. Now, they are constantly begging for drivers to join the wait list but what they're failing to realize is that the drivers came to Action Logistics because of what they heard from the beginning not that they like the uniforms or the company's name. Everyone is looking for a better place to make better money so you are gonna lose all the drivers.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No unloaded pay and no wait pay
Good place to woek
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAApril 8, 2018
Good compant to work, no salary increases, they are trying to build a team work always but the temp employees does not like the way of pay by the pound
Cons
Great company to gain exposure to the logistics career field
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHMarch 11, 2018
If you are a manager looking to get a start in the supply chain career field Action is a great place to get your feet wet and be exposed to all aspects of the career. It is an eye opening experience and a rewarding one if you have the drive and determination to make it so.
fun and great work environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 26, 2017
productive and fun workplace to work. Very high paced and competitive industry to work in. I learned alot working at this job, i learned how to properly load a truck and unload a truck.
good work always busy weekly pay
Loader and Unloader (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 12, 2017
Nice job hard working people and good pay when u work hard and good overtime if u willing to make more money

A good work place for hard working people who will work as a team!
Pros
great breaks, good pay
Cons
healthcare
Very cut throat allways under the microscope
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 25, 2017
My summary says it all except don't ask for a raise you will never get it even if you improve production by 45% on your shift. The other supervisors will throw you under the bus very quickly and they do not promote from within as they say they hire from outside and quick to fire to cover there own butts if they mess up as a company.
Pros
never cold in the bays even in the winter
Cons
poor higher coorprate managment and they are over payed because the ops manager and GM do there job
ok place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 3, 2017
It was an ok place to work. You stay busy unloading and loading tires in the truck. It really was a steady place business and they took care of all their employees.
Nice company to work for when under the right management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 21, 2017
You start out at an hourly rat and then you will be forced to sign a new contract that pay $0.06-$0.08 for every 100 pounds of work done. Pallet jacks in good condition are hard to come by because other employees lock them all up (when theirs break they swap them out for one of the company's).
Productive fin place
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 29, 2017
I enjoy being my own boss! I enjoy not being tools what to do! I enjoy delivering the packages to different hospitals. I enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy being on my own!
Pros
Your on schedule
Cons
Your on schedule
Official response from Action Logistics
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We hope you continue to work with Action Logistics!

Excellent place to work with.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 25, 2017
Great customer service. Customer goals oriented. Always looking to improve. Brand new truck and vans fleet.Fully trained employees. Latest technology on logistics,warehousing and deliveries.
Loader/unloader
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 22, 2017
Is truly physically demanding, the first week or two is just your body getting used to it (crazy sore). And once you get used to it, you can do more but then your body has to get used to that. Once you get a good rhythm and get three loads or 100k pounds a shift it really sort of pays off. But typically your down time is sleeping, recovering. They have some good people there which kind of helps get through the shift. When they took away the use of music I was done. Music pushed me to deal with it all, then no phones unless on break, if you want to get done and get your weight loaded up my breaks were restroom only if I needed. So I would not be able to check on my family for at least nine hours, another no go for me. As for pay after you certify we got pay .16/pound a one cent raise a year maxing at .18.
Pros
Good people, stay in shape, extra days if you want
Cons
Physically demanding
Workplace
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 12, 2017
Action Logistics is a tire Warehouse where you load and unload tires into a trailer. They train you for 3 weeks and pay you $9.50 then put you on production which the pay is 18 cent per 100 pounds
Pros
They are willing to help if needed and are patient with new workers that never had experience
Cons
The pay is very low
No need for a gym this job requires enough physical work
Goodyear Tire (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 1, 2017
If your looking for a way to make money according to how you work, Action is a good place for you. It does require a lot of physically work. As a freight Handler you come in on hours. 30 days later you move to weight. on weight you get paid by the pound, which can be better for you depending on your work ethnics.
Pros
break according to you
Cons
sometimes you may have little work
Good place for hard workers with warehouse experience.
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 30, 2017
Generally, Action Logistics has a simple spread, work hard and get paid. This is a weekly basis with 12 hours shift with as much overtime as you please.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.