Action Logistics Employee Reviews in DeKalb, IL

So Much Better. Good Place to be.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 23, 2018
I've been here for years and we finally have a manager that engages the employees and his management team. Everyone has a direct line of communication and we use it often. A place will always have a few rotten apples but you push through.
I have seen Loader/Unloader become a Lead and then a Supervisor. There is potential here if you express that you want more. I have even seen a woman climb the ranks to Management. Very promising to see.
This is a place where you ask yourself "How much do I want to make this week?" And you Make It.
The job is hard and we should be paid more but good to see that the place is now fair and we are being taken care of.
Pros
Most Management and Co Workers
Cons
Very Labor Intensive. Pay could be better
Official response from Action Logistics
March 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating, however we are not operating in the state of IL

Micro managed
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 11, 2018
The company has no foundation and no base. The supervisor team is micro managed by the general manager. It has taught me however how to strengthen my leadership skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Awful pay
Spotter Driver (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMay 30, 2018
Pay was literally $8-9 below normal pay. I spotted trailers. Inside they threw tires all day for even less. Incompetent people you had to somehow pretend you respected.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Nice company to work for when under the right management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 21, 2017
You start out at an hourly rat and then you will be forced to sign a new contract that pay $0.06-$0.08 for every 100 pounds of work done. Pallet jacks in good condition are hard to come by because other employees lock them all up (when theirs break they swap them out for one of the company's).
No need for a gym this job requires enough physical work
Goodyear Tire (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 1, 2017
If your looking for a way to make money according to how you work, Action is a good place for you. It does require a lot of physically work. As a freight Handler you come in on hours. 30 days later you move to weight. on weight you get paid by the pound, which can be better for you depending on your work ethnics.
Pros
break according to you
Cons
sometimes you may have little work
fun workplace
Loading/Unloading (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 28, 2016
is to good to in here you just have to do 2 trailers and go home i like this job if you are faster you with 160 in four hours but if you work slow then you will not do enough money for the day you have to be faster is a good job.
Pros
anytime
Cons
theres no time it depends on you
productive but poor management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 21, 2014
i went in at 8am. i was assignd two trucks and had to load and unload those trucks within a eight hour day. the hardest part was loading the trucks because sometimes there were over a thousand tires and to consintantly keep up was physicaly demanding.
Pros
free lunch and overtime
Cons
poor management and they made mistakes a lot on our paychecks.