Action Logistics Employee Reviews for Freight Handler

Noisy and often hot work
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 4, 2018
Its alright; its a pretty straight forward type of employment. Handling tires and loading them into trailers. Pack trucks bring the tires into the trailer; loaders such as myself, take them and throw them onto tire tiers that we build by stacking the tires in a formation known as "ricking." Sometimes we stack them in a stovepipe fashion. The trailers are unhitched from the truck and docked there, until full...
Pros
4- 30 minute breaks many days off
Cons
Can be hard physically.
March 25, 2019

Thanks for the 4 star rating however, We do not have company operations in OK.

So Much Better. Good Place to be.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 23, 2018
I've been here for years and we finally have a manager that engages the employees and his management team. Everyone has a direct line of communication and we use it often. A place will always have a few rotten apples but you push through.
I have seen Loader/Unloader become a Lead and then a Supervisor. There is potential here if you express that you want more. I have even seen a woman climb the ranks to Management. Very promising to see.
This is a place where you ask yourself "How much do I want to make this week?" And you Make It.
The job is hard and we should be paid more but good to see that the place is now fair and we are being taken care of.
Pros
Most Management and Co Workers
Cons
Very Labor Intensive. Pay could be better
March 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating, however we are not operating in the state of IL

Very Hard work, low pay, poor work life balance, almost no room for advancement
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2018
Surpervisors and manager there are good helpful knowledgeable people but will look out for their kind before anyone else, job itself sucks, paid production (by weight of tires) take home $500-&600+ per week if u decide to practically live in the wh, short lunch unpaid, no training to use equipment,
March 25, 2019

Thank you for the rating, however we do not handle freight nor, do we have operations in McDonough GA

Nice company to work for when under the right management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 21, 2017
You start out at an hourly rat and then you will be forced to sign a new contract that pay $0.06-$0.08 for every 100 pounds of work done. Pallet jacks in good condition are hard to come by because other employees lock them all up (when theirs break they swap them out for one of the company's).
Workplace
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 12, 2017
Action Logistics is a tire Warehouse where you load and unload tires into a trailer. They train you for 3 weeks and pay you $9.50 then put you on production which the pay is 18 cent per 100 pounds
Pros
They are willing to help if needed and are patient with new workers that never had experience
Cons
The pay is very low
Hard Labor
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 3, 2017
12 hours of non stop work. Back breaking tire throwing for terrible pay. No where to move up to and nothing to look forward to. This would be a good summer job for teenagers and a good starter job for people who just need to get back on there feet.
Pros
weight loss
Cons
back problems
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to our company. We do not have tires located in our company

Pays good if your willing to work hard.
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJ 08060November 1, 2016
great people to work with just very hard work. The hardest part of this job is to get used to it. it may seem very hard at first.
April 25, 2017

Wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Westampton NJ

Hard Labor, am I getting paid enough though
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 16, 2015
There are days when half the people on your team don't show up for work leaving the rest of you to pick up the slack. Management will make an effort to do what they can but it's hard getting people to stay. The hardest part of the job if tossing tires for 12 hours a day. Tires can weigh anywhere from 30lbs to what sometimes feel like 85lbs(even though the website says 75lbs). The most enjoyable may or may not be the paycheck you earn every week. While it is possible to make $12-$16/hr, it's not guaranteed. On average, I make $10-$11/hr so far. You're paid by the weight and coming in for overtime doesn't necessarily mean you get paid time and a half. Instead you get paid $9-9.50/hr. Not what the contract says, that is training pay.
Pros
3 breaks. 30minutes each.
Cons
the healthcare provider is outsourced.
productive but poor management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 21, 2014
i went in at 8am. i was assignd two trucks and had to load and unload those trucks within a eight hour day. the hardest part was loading the trucks because sometimes there were over a thousand tires and to consintantly keep up was physicaly demanding.
Pros
free lunch and overtime
Cons
poor management and they made mistakes a lot on our paychecks.