Action Logistics Employee Reviews

Very cut throat allways under the microscope
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 25, 2017
My summary says it all except don't ask for a raise you will never get it even if you improve production by 45% on your shift. The other supervisors will throw you under the bus very quickly and they do not promote from within as they say they hire from outside and quick to fire to cover there own butts if they mess up as a company.
Pros
never cold in the bays even in the winter
Cons
poor higher coorprate managment and they are over payed because the ops manager and GM do there job
ok place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 3, 2017
It was an ok place to work. You stay busy unloading and loading tires in the truck. It really was a steady place business and they took care of all their employees.
Nice company to work for when under the right management
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 21, 2017
You start out at an hourly rat and then you will be forced to sign a new contract that pay $0.06-$0.08 for every 100 pounds of work done. Pallet jacks in good condition are hard to come by because other employees lock them all up (when theirs break they swap them out for one of the company's).
Productive fin place
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 29, 2017
I enjoy being my own boss! I enjoy not being tools what to do! I enjoy delivering the packages to different hospitals. I enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy being on my own!
Pros
Your on schedule
Cons
Your on schedule
August 2, 2017

Thank you for your review. We hope you continue to work with Action Logistics!

Excellent place to work with.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 25, 2017
Great customer service. Customer goals oriented. Always looking to improve. Brand new truck and vans fleet.Fully trained employees. Latest technology on logistics,warehousing and deliveries.
Loader/unloader
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 22, 2017
Is truly physically demanding, the first week or two is just your body getting used to it (crazy sore). And once you get used to it, you can do more but then your body has to get used to that. Once you get a good rhythm and get three loads or 100k pounds a shift it really sort of pays off. But typically your down time is sleeping, recovering. They have some good people there which kind of helps get through the shift. When they took away the use of music I was done. Music pushed me to deal with it all, then no phones unless on break, if you want to get done and get your weight loaded up my breaks were restroom only if I needed. So I would not be able to check on my family for at least nine hours, another no go for me. As for pay after you certify we got pay .16/pound a one cent raise a year maxing at .18.
Pros
Good people, stay in shape, extra days if you want
Cons
Physically demanding
Workplace
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 12, 2017
Action Logistics is a tire Warehouse where you load and unload tires into a trailer. They train you for 3 weeks and pay you $9.50 then put you on production which the pay is 18 cent per 100 pounds
Pros
They are willing to help if needed and are patient with new workers that never had experience
Cons
The pay is very low
No need for a gym this job requires enough physical work
Goodyear Tire (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 1, 2017
If your looking for a way to make money according to how you work, Action is a good place for you. It does require a lot of physically work. As a freight Handler you come in on hours. 30 days later you move to weight. on weight you get paid by the pound, which can be better for you depending on your work ethnics.
Pros
break according to you
Cons
sometimes you may have little work
Good place for hard workers with warehouse experience.
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 30, 2017
Generally, Action Logistics has a simple spread, work hard and get paid. This is a weekly basis with 12 hours shift with as much overtime as you please.
horrible from top to bottom
General clerk Il (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OK 73505May 29, 2017
after working there for 5 months i left with nothing they refused to promote the management was poor if they where even there that day the work conditions sucked because you had PAC trucks flying in to dark trailers at 8 miles an hour
it was ok
SECURITY GUARD-RISK MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 26, 2017
we got like an hour break, lifting very heavy tires however. it can be very stressful. went in around 7 pm and left at 5 am. it was alot of work for one person on there own.
Pros
break
Cons
labor
May 25, 2017

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We do not have a location in McDonough GA

Supportive Management Team
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 25, 2017
Fun, fast-paced environment with room for growth. New management is supportive and works with the associates not above. Job is challenging at times but very rewarding. Would and have referred to friends and family.
Pros
Great attitude with coworkers and management
Cons
24/7 business
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 20, 2017
The work is at-your-own schedule. 24 hrs a day. The dispatchers and management are great and friendly to work with. The money is good depending on how much you work and how flexible your schedule is.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
A lot of people on the schedule to work at times
Terrible place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Shelby, OhioApril 6, 2017
Men sit around waiting for a truck to load. You don't get payed for waiting. The wages are a lie; you get paid by the weight you throw. I saw men leave with checks as low as $30 for a weeks work. Huge overturn. Can't keep people. Someone is always getting fired, and the women (Daniel &Taylor) who run the management group there are impossible to please. Management of Action Logistics fear and obey the management of DSC. DSC controls everyone there.
Pros
Leave early if there is no work.
Cons
Everything else
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to our company. We do not have trucks to be unloaded or loaded

Hard Labor
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 3, 2017
12 hours of non stop work. Back breaking tire throwing for terrible pay. No where to move up to and nothing to look forward to. This would be a good summer job for teenagers and a good starter job for people who just need to get back on there feet.
Pros
weight loss
Cons
back problems
April 20, 2017

This review does not apply to our company. We do not have tires located in our company

Good place to work if you like to have a few days off at a time
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Action Logistics because the people there are friendly and fair. It is very important for me to work in an environment that is not made stressful by the management. Action Logistics has helped me to become more independent and I give the management team all the credit.
Pros
work schedule, positive environment
Cons
benefits, compensation
ok to make some money part time, but because of my location theres not as much work to do.
Subcontract courier (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 13, 2017
made great pay to start ,then they changed management and cut the rates for the drivers. If you don't mind putting a lot of miles on your vehicle and can get the work its not too bad. Would be great if they could schedule properly with some guaranteed pay plus commission for drivers.
Alright entry level Job
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 25, 2017
This job is very physically demanding. You work 12 hour shifts and at first you make $9 an hour till your trainer is allowed to certify you then you make $10.50. You get a $0.25 raise every 6 months but top out at $11.50. They have changed the schedule so no more 7 days off in a row and you are either day or night shift. You do get paid breaks, there are 4 breaks 2 of them are 30 minutes and the other 2 are 45 minutes.
Pros
If you get day shift, payed breaks
Cons
Long hours for not the best of pay
April 20, 2017

This review is on the wrong company. We hire IC only who are not paid by the hour.

Disappointing employment
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 8, 2016
When I first started working everything was great. People were nice, then as time went on the managers were trying to push people out, and get people they "approved of"
Action Logistics
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 9, 2016
Small and well organised. There benefits are not good but it is a job and the pay is not to bad. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for and entry level job.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Benefits are not good
April 25, 2017

This is the wrong Action Logistics. We are not located in Fayetteville NC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9