Action Property Management Employee Reviews

Action Cares about People
Executive Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2018
The best part of my job is interacting with team members. It is so rewarding working for a company that truly cares about their people. They are constantly asking for ideas and suggestions on ways to improve. It's frustrating when people leave the company and make negative comments on these forums and I want to ask did they try and fix things before they just quit?
I have moved around a lot in my life and have worked for many companies and Action is by far the best! The Action values are so important and it is about living out these values, not just at work but in our daily lives.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Healthcare Cost
One of the better corporate environments
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
The corporate environment is one of the best I've worked at thus far. Friendly people, with a fun atmosphere doing events and special things to boost morale. Even the executives take part in the events, they remember your name when you pass by them and even start a conversation with you. From the top down they care about making employees happy and appreciated. It feels like you are working with family rather than some faceless names that have a corner office.

As a whole they are always trying to find better ways to do things, make systems more efficient and give all their employees better tools to apply them to the job at hand.
Pros
Events, free food, great corporate structure
Cons
Benefits are subsidized but not as heavily as others for single status
Relaxed and Enjoyable Environment
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have worked for APM for one year and find it to be a happy and fun place to show up for every day. My manager is fair and very supportive of his team. There is never a day I dread coming to work. We are encouraged to have a life outside of work which is a nice change of pace.
Pros
Vendors bring food and treats all of the time!
Cons
No cons!
A good place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Action is a good place to spend most of your day with so I'm always happy to be at work everyday. Working at Action giving me an opportunity to challenge myself so that I could grow and add more knowledge to my work experience. At Action, you can meet with a professional but very nice and friendly staff who treats each other like a family. Sometime, I feel like Action is my second home.
Pros
flexible and master the art of celebration
Cons
salary
Excellent team with a culture of encouragement and success.
Corporate Production Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2018
I was truly thankful for my time at Action Property Management. The management was trustworthy, the culture was encouraging, and the CPS team was hardworking. I looked up to the individuals at work and learned from each of them in significant ways.
Pros
Snacks in the break room, freedom to use headphones, coworkers that felt like family.
Cons
Significant workload, unending piles of items to organize, strict deadlines.
High Quality Service
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2018
This has been one of my favorite companies to work for. The environment is very professional and you are exposed to a lot of different people from different paths. There are definitely options for advancement depending on what your career goals are. I for example got promoted from an on-call concierge to a Resident Service Coordinator. It is a matter of showing your worth and interest to advance within the company. If you work for an HOA unfortunately salaries are set by the homeowners HOA so they tend to change from property to property...
Pros
lots of different opportunities
Cons
Salaries vary a lot
Working at Action Property Management
Community Care (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2018
Good environment to work for and there are options for advancement depending on what your career goals are. A few members of my team have advanced up into higher roles throughout the company either to other departments, as leads, or to community managers. Action makes sure to have fun as well and there are many activities in the Irvine office throughout the year such as potlucks and other celebrations to reward the employees for their hard work. Vendors often visit the Irvine office and bring food, which who doesn't like free food? In my experience if you work hard, you will be rewarded.
Professional to the Extreme
Front Desk/Concierge (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
Very professional organization, including dress, communication, etc. Perfect for some personalities, but not all. Sometimes not enough to do. Most residents are very nice, but some with attitude spoil everything.
Poor management no raises use your own vehicle
Property Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anybody because they don't pay enough for your mileage to start you off at a low rate the boss is there are douchebags and and there's no room for advancement no raise no advancement 2 years working there
Stree Environment
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
Provide very little room for advancement.
Very stress environment.
Good company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
good direction, decent help from management, no real life work balance. no awards or recognition within the company. disconnect from upper management and workers
Fun work place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2018
I loved what I was doing and also the people I work with.
The benefits we're great.
I enjoyed working with my staff along with my tenants.
I left due to a better job opportunity.
No support
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2018
This company is getting all the luxury high rises in SF but they don't work on recruiting the right people and developing them through training and support. Managers are left on their own little island to fend for themselves and when anything goes awry, they do not accept any responsibility in the lack of support. They are top heavy and burn people out. Very high turnover!
Hr
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
HR Irvine- You never get to meet with them and besdies your GM, they do not get to see your work or get to know their emplyoee.

It seems if you try to advance within the company, that is met with discouragement.
Pros
nice buildings, good amenities, lavish feel
Cons
poor HR, pay and room for advancement is low
Great place to work, with fantastic, talented people!
General Manager (On-Site) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
Action Property Management looks for the best of the best, and also brings this out in the staff they hire. You need to be a self-starter, as the style of this company is not to micro-manage. They hire top people, and then get out of their way!
Manages High Rise Condominiums
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2018
Good Company to work with a company were you are able to get experience and you are able to grow. Non union company but it is a large company with different job position thru out California.
Fun place
Community Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Action, I must say, they understand what it is to be a company. Working together to achieve a larger goal within the company. By far one of my favorite places to work throughout my career.
Pros
Company energy
Cons
Salary
Company under new owner in transition
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2018
New owner took over in May of 2016 .
In office at 7am schedule work. Follow up on work in progress
Schedule outside vendors, Follow up on vacant units.
Management was well oiled machine at times at other times to many bosses and not enough worker bees
Good workplace environment all office staff friendly and helpful
Hardest part of the job was keeping a balance between keeping bosses happy and maintenance tech happy.
Best part of my job was learning new computer programs for property management. Left office most days after 4pm. making it a normal 8 hour day.
Pros
Time off when requested.
Cons
To many people in charge of the same job
Work Life Balance
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
Action is a good company to work for. the organization is active in the community which i love. Work life balance isn't so great hours are all over the place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Working at Action
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  down town los angelesOctober 19, 2017
Working at action was a great experience. i learned to interact more with people and do a lot more multi-tasking. The days were pretty easy all we really had to do was input packages and give them out when they checked them out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Action Property Management Reviews by Location