Action Property Management Employee Reviews

Stree Environment
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
Provide very little room for advancement.
Very stress environment.
Good company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
good direction, decent help from management, no real life work balance. no awards or recognition within the company. disconnect from upper management and workers
Fun work place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2018
I loved what I was doing and also the people I work with.
The benefits we're great.
I enjoyed working with my staff along with my tenants.
I left due to a better job opportunity.
No support
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2018
This company is getting all the luxury high rises in SF but they don't work on recruiting the right people and developing them through training and support. Managers are left on their own little island to fend for themselves and when anything goes awry, they do not accept any responsibility in the lack of support. They are top heavy and burn people out. Very high turnover!
Hr
Access Control Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
HR Irvine- You never get to meet with them and besdies your GM, they do not get to see your work or get to know their emplyoee.

It seems if you try to advance within the company, that is met with discouragement.
Pros
nice buildings, good amenities, lavish feel
Cons
poor HR, pay and room for advancement is low
Great place to work, with fantastic, talented people!
General Manager (On-Site) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
Action Property Management looks for the best of the best, and also brings this out in the staff they hire. You need to be a self-starter, as the style of this company is not to micro-manage. They hire top people, and then get out of their way!
Manages High Rise Condominiums
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2018
Good Company to work with a company were you are able to get experience and you are able to grow. Non union company but it is a large company with different job position thru out California.
Fun place
Community Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at Action, I must say, they understand what it is to be a company. Working together to achieve a larger goal within the company. By far one of my favorite places to work throughout my career.
Pros
Company energy
Cons
Salary
Company under new owner in transition
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2018
New owner took over in May of 2016 .
In office at 7am schedule work. Follow up on work in progress
Schedule outside vendors, Follow up on vacant units.
Management was well oiled machine at times at other times to many bosses and not enough worker bees
Good workplace environment all office staff friendly and helpful
Hardest part of the job was keeping a balance between keeping bosses happy and maintenance tech happy.
Best part of my job was learning new computer programs for property management. Left office most days after 4pm. making it a normal 8 hour day.
Pros
Time off when requested.
Cons
To many people in charge of the same job
Work Life Balance
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
Action is a good company to work for. the organization is active in the community which i love. Work life balance isn't so great hours are all over the place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Working at Action
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  down town los angelesOctober 19, 2017
Working at action was a great experience. i learned to interact more with people and do a lot more multi-tasking. The days were pretty easy all we really had to do was input packages and give them out when they checked them out.
Front desk ambassador
Lobby Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 5, 2017
Greeting guests and offering them a beverage, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. Mail also schedule meetings and travel for executives.
Busy part time work
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 1, 2017
The company managed condominium type properties. I learned about the management involved in running the properties, the types of problems there were. I enjoyed the different manager's writing style for their reports.
Pros
part time hours
Property Management for upscale community built around a Jack Nicholas Signature Golf Course.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 18, 2017
Maintained all office procedures including issuing resident parking stickers / admission to security gated community. Learned what is involved in maintaining a private community from road repair to building permits. Management was very cooperative. The workplace culture was pleasant and productive. The hardest part of the job was handling unexpected emergencies in the community such as floods and mud slides. The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved with an upward, progressive community and interacting with the homeowners of the same mind set.
Pros
Stable work enviornment
Cons
When a new HOA was hired.
It was a good experience
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2017
opened my views about the field. helped me realize my full potential. the co-workers was the best part, the bonds and help we all lent each other with the lack of management and leadership.
Good step stool opportunity
Utility Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
Thankful for opportunity. Learned many skills and was able to earn certifications along the way. Can get comfortable and lack of drive. Work place is a slow pace environment and may need some moral build up for employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Slow pace environment
Action Property Management
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 2, 2017
Action has a high retention rate and offers fair salary and great benefits. Extremely friendly staff. Coworkers get along really well and they always make coming to work enjoyable. All the while we remain professional and cohesive and always strive to be better. Who wouldn't want to work here?
Pros
Being a manager
Cons
Being a manager
A great company to work for.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 25, 2017
Action is all about caring. They care for the service they provide to the customers. They care about the employees who work for them. They care about the great impact they are able to have on entire communities and they care about taking that responsibility seriously.
Fulfilling Career with many opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
Action is a wonderful place to work. The company’s owners are first class individuals. They have high expectations of their employees but provide you with the resources to be successful and grow. The company culture exhibits a great deal of respect and there is significant support when needed.

Middle management is wonderful as well. My direct supervisor is a very hard worker and lets of this contagious ‘can-do’ attitude.

In any hospitality or management role, there is going to be times when the job is stressful. At Action, you feel that you are part of a wholesome team where we treat our clients with respect but also expect respect back. Additionally, the work-life balance is pretty great. The company is flexible with time off and making sure your batteries are recharged.

Bottom line, I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
Respect for one another, support when needed, great pay
Cons
Can be a little stressful at times, but who doesn't need to be challenged?
Growing company with tons of opportunities...
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 24, 2017
I've worked at Action for close to two years and I can sincerely say that Action truly hires the best from each field and aims to provide their employees with the support and tools they need to be successful both at work and in their personal lives.

Every employee's work environment is unique so there isn't a cookie-cutter approach to how a typical work day will run but that is part of what is exciting about working in Property Management and with Action.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Action Property Management Reviews by Location