Action Urgent Care
Happiness rating is 35 out of 100

Action Urgent Care Employee Reviews

I have been with Action Urgent Care for approx. 5 months. In my opinion, if you have a strong work ethic, are a responsible and reliable individual this is a GOOD place to work. My personal journey has been to keep an open mind, with the willingness to learn, and to maintain a positive attitude along the way. I highly appreciated that this company valued my many years of experience upon getting hired.
Pros
Company often provides catered breakfast and/or lunch
Cons
Benefits could be better
From the very beginning, it was very apparent this place was very disorganized. My interview lasted less than 15 minutes and I was offered a job on the spot. On my first day, I brought all my necessary licenses and certificates and standard employment documents, but no one bothered to check them. Ever. There was no site supervisor to greet me for a proper orientation since the previous supervisor had been replaced with someone who was still figuring out her duties. No one ever verified that my state license or my TB test results were valid, or my eligibility for employment, for that matter. There were constant shortages of supplies; examination gloves, paper for the exam tables, medications. It was difficult to keep track of the constant policy changes being spammed out company-wide, multiple times a day, through personal email via group text to personal numbers. I was an hourly employee, but I would get texts during my lunch break. No one told me when payday was, but I assumed that I would just be given a check or asked to sign up for direct deposit. A little more than 3 weeks go by and I asked when payday was. I was told physical paychecks are distributed to one of the other clinic locations and that I had to drive over there where I had two checks waiting for me. The emplyees were nice, but management for this place was a mess.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, high turnover.
I've worked with Action Urgent Care for a total of 10 months. I've had nothing but a positive experience working here, from the hiring process all the way to my last day. Management and HR have been nothing but supportive to get me to where I need to be. I don't understand half of these reviews, as long as you're a hard worker and you can understand what the expectations are, then you'll have an amazing experience! I'm said that I had to relocate. I look forward to Action expanding and me potentially working with them again!
Pros
Team Environment, Growth Potential, Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare plan can improve
Burnt out employees and limited resources to do the best job. Expected to do more work with no appreciation from management. Very challenging experience.
I have been working at Action for almost a year now. The organization really sets the culture that our patients are the center of everything we do. They offer great benefits and a nice bonus.
Pros
Nice collaboration and helpful atmosphere
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This place is horrible. If I could give it 0 stars I would. Management and owners are doing real shady stuff here. They will shame you, make fun of you and work you to death. I have worked for many companies and worked my butt off before. This place is like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Co workers were great but chief of staff, operations and owner are terrible people. The way they will treat you is ridiculous and inhumane. You are disposable and you will be disposed. I left on my terms because of how terrible my co workers were being treated. You will not do anything related to the job title. No raises, no compensations. There is no PTO, no sick days. I worked 55+ hours a week. I do not even wish this type of experience on my enemies. Do not work here. It is not worth your time. For the position they are hiring for is really under paid. Ever since I left I have felt a lot better and stress free. You can find a job pushing carts that will be better than this place. Management is a joke they won’t treat you like a person more like an animal.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, terrible owner.
I cannot emphasize enough that this company is not worth working for, even if you're new and looking to gain experience in the medical field. They WILL burn you out, lie to you, and gaslight you into believing it's your fault for the problems that arise out of their inability to provide adequate staffing, training, or communication.I have been in the medical field for years. This is hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. They have the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. I saw providers, nurses, and medical assistants leave within days of starting because of the slew of problems with this place. Be sure to ask about their turnover rate during your interview if you're tempted enough to get to this step in the process. When I asked about this, the question was skirted to push blame on staff for not communicating their concerns. I should have seen this a huge red flag, but I was excited about the opportunity for a new position (and promise for a promotion within a short time of hire). Management does not listen to the needs of their staff. Instead, they'll blame you for their own shortcomings. Nurses are worked to the point burnout, tasked to run sites completely on their own. I felt particularly bad for the medical assistants who were often fired instantly for things beyond their control. I've never seen a more hostile work environment. Work hours and days can change without your knowledge; asking management questions about these changes is met with hostility, if you're acknowledged at all. They often used these undisclosed changes as a form of punishment - more...
Pros
easily promoted (but don't be flattered because they hand these out without warrant)
Cons
greedy company
I worked here as Kyla expert. Not safe to work as employees chairs are not 6 feet distance. Short of employees ALWAYS and expect one to handle 3 people work at a time. Even though if you meet targeted quotas in one shift going beyond job duties , they expect more .Their TRICK is when you are close to your three month benefit period , they fire. They hire new people every week and get rid of people who have high pay accusing not fulfilling their job duties.
Don’t wake up to go start your day at this place ! Save your time and career for a better company. This company is a place where management have no idea what they are doing and where they are going. Most disrespectful company to work for. Hungry for money but no ethics or skills.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine.
A complete trash company to work for. Nothing will help your career working here not sure how this company exists. Poor management they have no experience no idea how they are running this place. If you value your time and yourself DO NOT work here. In my opinion the management COO/CEO/HR/COS need to get counseling for people management with positive attitude.
Pros
Cons
Unlimited
A business that does health care, not a health care business.. They are looking to use people for their bottom line. Their single motivation is profit.
Cons
Greedy company that underpays and overworks employees. Does really sketchy things that make you question “is this.... allowed? especially in medicine?” Would wish this job on my worst enemy.
Pros
Easy to get if you have no experience
Cons
No benefits, overworked, expect too much of you
Action Urgent Care is unlike any professional workplace I've been employed at. The upper management is highly disorganized. They have such a high turnover rate of their employees because they don't know how to communicate. If they showed a decent amount of respect for me, then maybe I would have stayed, but that's completely impossible for the upper management. This place is physically and mentally taxing. They are so understaffed and expected us to do the most given the bare minimum training. The management blames majority of their problems on new hires when the issue originated prior to their hire and lies within the way they run their clinics. They offered me to become manager, which I declined because I would have been given unrealistic goals in which they don't allocate enough time to complete. The upper management needs to work on communication. They just demand unrealistic outcomes. They expect you to do everything. You have to be wonder woman/man to work here. The upper management has no idea what's going on in clinic and has the audacity to harass you through email and text when clearly they could never do what we did because they would have demonstrated the "efficient way to do things". The providers are burned out and so are the MAs. There are no medical scribes here just. The culture is very hostile and the only thing I learned was that this work environment is something I never want ever again.
Pros
Free Water
Cons
Lack of Respectful Communication and Training
My time here has been incredibly stressful and taxing. Employees receive minimal training and are then expected to run the clinics flawlessly on their own. No person in their right mind would have such unrealistic expectations, but upper management is desperate to push their staff to the limits in the name of patient advocacy. Poor workplace structure and dismissive of employee concerns. Take caution––anyone who works here is practically set up to fail.
Pros
friendly and supportive staff
Cons
poor communication from upper management and lack of professionalism
Management (who are only like in their late 20s, early 30s) are just not decent human beings, I almost have ptsd from working here. I feel bad for the Chief of Staff & HR though because they feed into the relentless and unrealistic demands of the COO (who loves to send passive aggressive emails and talk about you to other management and considers that as legit feedback). They run several urgent cares and a medical app. Get yourselves together. As someone who plans to work long term in the health industry, I really hope my career journey does not get any worse than this place. Really talented and hardworking people work here, but management cannot get over their lack of training and communication and take that as a failure on the employees end. Don't expect people to wear multiple hats and be successful without proper training or even verbal support. My only mistake was not reading these reviews before I entered the company, but I must say. The one good thing I learned about working here, was that I never want to work at a company as messy and unstructured like this. My standards have definitely shot up moving forward. I think everyone deserves a better opportunity elsewhere and you will realize that once you leave this place.
Pros
location is easy to find, coworkers were fun to be around
Cons
everything about management, workflow, and lack of professionalism
No self-respecting employee will ever rate this company 3/4/5 stars. This company is going to run itself to the ground with their horrible management
Pros
If you like a good joke, this is the place to be.
Cons
Everything you think is good, this place does the complete opposite.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Action Urgent Care are non-existant. You mind as well work for free if you plan to work here.ManagementIn general, managers at Action Urgent Care only cares about money and how to pocket more for themselves.OverallMy experience working at Action Urgent Care has been terrible and I would never recommend this place to anyone.
The leadership kept improving and growing. They effectively developed their staff, by hiring the right individuals. Their goals were set very high but the tools were provided to achieve success. Diversity and inclusion goals were growing and improving. Strong leadership. It is good to see how far Action has come throughout the years. One key recommendation is to communicate!
Pros
Friendly Staff, Resources, Technology
Cons
Communication- Management can be a little too busy.
I worked here for about 3 months and gained a lot of experience working with a start up. However, management has no clear expectations of their employees and clients they work with. This causes the teams to be stressed out and overworked because they keep on saying yes to clients. It is We need better structure and work flow to help solve client problems efficiently. High turnover in staff because they get burnt out. I would not recommend working here.
I understand start-up companies are trying to find stability and everyone learns as they go, but the employers need to do their part to create a healthier work environment for all. They're profiting off the urgency of COVID-19 and don't seem to care about the actual health care aspect of running an urgent care/medical app. Must be why they are so tone-deaf to what actually goes on within the business and doesn't understand what it takes to keep their employees (proper training, better communication, common courtesy, etc).
Cons
terrible management
great experience for people interested in pursuing health field in the future. Amazing variety of providers to work with and great group of colleagues who are supportive. Horrible management- unprofessional, unsupportive, nonchalant, not proactive, money hungry, lack of intelligence. Overall you will get a great balance! teaches you a great deal about the profit-making thought process of companies like this who take advantage of the healthcare system. great experience for people who also want to grow up one day to become smart, money hungry, profit-making business people! Anyone who is pursuing their MBA or would like to go into finance and business would greatly benefit with this opportunity more than healthcare individuals- learn in the ins and outs of how to make the most money and offer mediocre services.
Pros
30min lunch break and meeting wonderful colleagues and providers, Extensive opportunity for medical knowledge, Rare opportunity to take part in mediocre healthcare service
Cons
Being a part of the tragic health care system in which you swindle patients of their money, High deductibles, copays, out of pocket prices
  1. Employee Reviews