ActioNet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Normal Federal Contracting Firm
Cyber Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2018
Pretty much does what other federal contract firms do. The pay is good, but job security is in the air. Management will always stick to the contract status quo.
Toxic work environment
Senior Business Analyst Key (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2018
The atmosphere is toxic and unhealthy for most people. Would not recommend anyone to take a job working with this company. They do not care about people and even though they are a very diverse work place they are extremely prejudiced. You can count on one hand the number of people of color who have been promoted past a project manager.
Great Company
IT Support Technician 5 (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 19, 2018
I really enjoy working with Actionet, extremely relaxed environment, great Management, benefits were sufficient, allowed for on the job training which was super beneficial.
Supportive
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2018
Good benefits, especially the health care, public transportation and education dollars. Had a supportive supervisor and enjoyed the work environment.
Pros
Team building events
Cons
Lack of opportunity.
Decent place to work. Management could be better.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 11, 2018
ActioNet is a generally relaxed place to work with plenty of nice people. Some departments are overworked. The pace of some projects can be unnecessarily fast, causing lots of stress. Some workers get sick from overworking, yet feel pressured to continue working from home and not resting. Star workers leave after 1 year.
Pros
At times relaxed place to work, nice people, decent pay
Cons
Some departments work at an inhumane pace, causing inordinate stress and high turnover.
Good workplace on average
SR. DBA/Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VA 22180April 4, 2018
Good Company. Depending on the contract a little more kiss butt for the client over doing the job that is needed, Otherwise a good work pace. Work culture is above average mostly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
asked to do things outside of best judgment
Fun team
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VA 22180March 31, 2018
Loved what I did there, great atmosphere and loads of interesting personnel. Perhaps we'll cross paths again in the future actionet. Lots of room to move and innovation, great place to be.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contracting only
No Policies and Procedures as well as a cut throat management team
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Never worked in such a hostile environment as this one. The Baltimore office (WindsorMill) is very racist. Only way you can survive here is if you are 'WHITE" or part of their "group" if not you were alienated and later left to fail. They won't do anything to help you be successful. They have no policies and procedures. The turnover was like a revolving door with minorities. You stood a better chance if you were white working in this environment.
Pros
Pay Well
Cons
Not a good place to work at any location
Friendly Staff & good Managers fast pace makes the day go by quickly
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 13, 2017
9 hour typical day, very fast pace, friendly staff, excellent manager. There isn't any job security if the government contract ends so does you job unless you are hired on the Corporate side. There aren't normally many vacancies at the Corporate office so you will receive a lay off.
Pros
Telework, Alternate Work Schedule
Cons
Job security
Fantastic Company!
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2017
Love working for this company. They are very organized and have a great benefits package. The transition process into this job was quick and painless and they support you all the way!
Great management/life-work balance
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 14, 2017
Great management/life-work balance;
fun holiday parties; summer picnic;
yearly increases based on valuation;
education of credit of 3000 K per year.
Not approval
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
Don't like this company of the Work/Life Balance and Job Security, and Management, and the culture. Not recommend to be hired for this company there were no respect for a loyalty employee who contributed with excellent works.
IT Integration
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDMay 8, 2017
ActioNet provides software engineering and program management support paired with an Agile system to increase client engagement and project transparency.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Na
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDMay 3, 2017
I ran the largest contract ActioNet has. I was the SR Corporate Recruiter and I stepped in as the "Acting Recruiting Manager." I learned a lot about Government contracting and gained a lot of experience.
Good for entry level but don't stay too long
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  ViennaMarch 20, 2017
There is high turnover in this company. When a contract ends there may or may not be monetary compensation. To move up you must leave the company. Your yearly review is more to make a bad list of your qualities for the sake of letting you go in the future. The managers they hire are unqualified and separate teams rather than support. One time I was asked by a manager that they want me to go to their office and give them updates on my status, when they took more vacation than I did.
Pros
Management doesnt care
Cons
Management doesnt care
Network Specialist, SRMC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Ok company but typical of any government contract entity. But sometimes management unresponsive to employees requests.
Especially if your considered just a worker bee.
Good Place to Work
Linux Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 12, 2016
Good place to work. Benefits are okay. Nice supervisor. I didn't work with other ActioNet employees at my job location so I can't tell say much about ActioNet employees and work environment. However I can say that I had a very good team who work together very well.
Productive place to work
Nationwide Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee) –  US Department of TransportationNovember 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Provides education and career advancement. Co-workers are motivated and management are always seeking new technology and avenues for improvement.
Review
PROJECT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy my job as a project analyst. I have learned several tasks since starting this position including report management. I have also learned to become more detail orientated and a better multitasker. I enjoy all of my co-workers and have learned more than I could ever ask from all of them.
Actionet
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Employment was good, unfortunately contract ended. I have no complaints about company, and happy they gave me the opportunity to work for them. I would encourage anyone given the opportunity to work for them that it's not a bad move at all.
Benefits