ActionLink Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Professional
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
In order to work here, you have to have a strong work ethic. I have seen many people come and go due to the responsibility you are given.

It is up to you to showcase what you can do.
It has a great model.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
I began on a high profile campaign and was asked to stay on. I was promoted to District Manager for two projects and stayed on after as Rep just to know what is new in the industry. I pick up small assignments that interest me and stay current on training.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Low pay
Merch Rep
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 5, 2018
Nice Company to work for asked for a raise manager had no problem taking care of it.lots of travel sliding pay scale.only allowed to work Monday - Thursday. Friday's on on mgs approvals schedule not so flexible most work has to be finished by 6pm .
Pros
Great place to work, giod management
Cons
No benifits not so flexable schudule lots of travel
Enjoyed the flexibility, did not like management and compensation for travel and projects
Merchandising Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 11, 2018
Good flexibility
Low Pay for work and travel reimbursement
when client demand drops so do assignments
at one point I did 4 projects in two weeks
management system needs a lot of work
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation, poor managment
Day of work
Brand Advocate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 9, 2018
I am a brand advocate for Sony and work in the Best Buy in my home town. My focus is to build brand awareness for the Sony products so customers can make an informed decision on what to buy. I also train associates on how to qualify customers and what products to show based on customer needs.
Pros
working close to home
Cons
part time hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Samsung Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 4, 2018
A very fun place to work at. There is always customers to interact with which means your always productive. The crew you work with is also fun with whom you can never get bored.
Pros
All working
Cons
No overtime
Fun work place for a student
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel Valley, CAApril 4, 2018
If you are lookin for a job while in school part time with good pay this would be the job for you. With flexible hours and different positions to transfer into.
Feedback
Market Development Manager - Lenovo (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
Great job ended too soon everything about the job was good. I worked the Lenovo program and had an amazing manager. I would recommend checking out actionlink to anyone.
Pros
Run, laid back, benefits, company car
Cons
Contract job
Great place to work when work provided.
SALES SPECIALIST & CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Working for this company was great. Plenty of work provided while in California. However, once moved to Oregon work was not available. Long times standing with no work opportunities.
Great side job with full time opportunities
TECHNICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I started off as an electronics specialist, which consisted of traveling around my state being the resident expert on most electronics brands, such as Microsoft, Bose, Samsung, and more. I set up displays, audited the company's presence in various stores including Best Buy and Walmart, and answered questions about the products. I was promoted and now work technically part time, but is usually more like full time from home, working as part of a small team to manage over 600 reps all around the United States and Puerto Rico.
Great work environment, empowering position, overall communicative management, fun job. Basically everything is positive except the lack of benefits, and the fact that advancement opportunity is rare and difficult to achieve.
Pros
Empowering work environment, self starting position
Cons
No healthcare, vision, dental
Had a great gig
Microsoft Mixed Reality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Had a great gig at Actionlink for the past 6 months! I worked 20 hours a week getting paid an above-average wage for Brand Ambassador work. I promoted Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets which was super fun, and a passion of mine. It was a really fun job and I enjoyed every last bit of it.

Thanks Actionlink!!
Pros
Bonuses! Random Giveaways! Cool stuff
Cons
Gig lasts as long as the gig lasts for
Great... I mean great seasonal employment.
Demonstrator Representative (Current Employee) –  BestBuy Glendora, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Great company to work for.
Presenting, demonstrating new technology for customers has been a joy.
Management is very responsive to associates concerns.
Like the flexibility but the driving pay is sub par
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2018
I have liked the flexibility but would prefer more reasonable pay. It has been a good job for the flexibility I needed. They pay less for driving and sometimes my shifts are 8-10 hours of driving making it hall engine to earn reasonable money.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lower pay for driving
Fun sales position
Assisted Sales Rep - Intel Processors (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 7, 2018
The store I worked at was fun and exciting. Fellow sales associates were friendly and helpful. I personally enjoyed talking with older customers because they would sometimes become overwhelmed from the large assortment f devices.
Pros
Usually as constant flow of customers
Cons
Slow times
Stressful
Sony Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 11, 2017
They pound sales goals in your face constantly, it creates a very toxic environment. I loved the product I was selling, but when they told me to sell five $700 cameras in March (passed holidays), it's a little ridiculous.
Poor
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  South floridaDecember 4, 2017
Poor training and management, would recommend another, the management structure was unbearable. They want you to do too many projects at one time in a short time.
Sales
Marketing and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
Great job if you like flexibility and extra dough on the side for weekend work. If your good with people you will succeed. If you like accepting work when available its good for you.
Very Faced Paced Atmosphere
Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2017
Required flexibility in terms of being able to sale a different product on a daily basis. Required quick thinking on feet. Also, required flexibility in mobility.
I Loved This Job
Intel Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. Actionlink is a great company to work for and the management really cares. I stared in a holiday position and management noticed how hard I was working and moved me to another store that was a year-round location. It really did not feel like work and I do truly miss the company as I had to leave due to scheduling conflicts from my full-time position at another job. I fully recommend anyone who loves technology to apply for this position.
Working as a rep for Actionlink
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 20, 2017
I have worked as a manufactures representative in consumer electronics for over 30 years. Retail is fast paced and gut wrenching every day. There is no magic in retail sales or consumer electronics You show up and you pitch your available products and either customer buys from you or goes home and shops on the internet with the data that you have provided them. When you are on commission and sell a large home theater package and installation, you are usually rewarded with a commission check or bonus.

The thing about sales is that sometimes you can make as much money as you would like and then do t again the next day versus hourly or commission only jobs. The bottom line is that you the salesperson influence the decision of the buyer so that he is satisfied with their purchase and they will tell all their friends and family to come and see you when they need something in their home.