ActionLink Employee Reviews

no good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 25, 2018
I would have issues getting paid correctly, I would travel to Georgia and Miami to help the District Manager and then would have to wait sometimes over a month to get paid for it.
Amazing management team
Human Resources Coordinator/Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 24, 2018
Wonderful to work for except pay was not there. Can’t complain at all about my supervisors or how great work life balance was. Some times worked remotely.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 18, 2018
As the Graphic Designer, you will be working with Art Director under the Creative Director on new and updating existing packaging. You will be responsible for packaging projects from start to finish including designing and resizing artwork, creating dielines, packaging artwork for the printer, and more.

Responsibilities:
- Customer Service
- Creation of designs and proof design concepts
- Present design concepts to clients
- Follow up with clients regarding designs
- Operate large format printer and laminator

Requirements :
- A candidate who is a deadline-driven creative thinker will excel in this position.
- Successful candidate must have relevant course work and on-the-job experience in graphic design. Prefer candidates with on-the-job experience or students currently enrolled in graphic design .
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, in a PC environment is required.
- Must be organized and detail orientated. Attention to detail is must
- Experience with Flexisign is a plus but will train the right candidate.
Pros
Cons
short break
I do not wish to comment
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  SF, CANovember 7, 2018
Actionlink was not a great company to work for. They cut pay for long lasting employees because "the company wasn't doing well" but as the same time was losing bids left and right. When the company got back up on its feet the pay never came back. No care for employees at all.
Family style, big company
NA (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 3, 2018
This company is great for field staff. The corporate structure is a bit rough. Who is in charge? The CEO is very impulsive and doesn't always follow through.
Flexible hours
ELECTRONICS RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 25, 2018
This job usually is not too hard. Audit a display, change a sign, make sure software is up to date; Over the last few months, a lot of heavy and long builds have been added. These would happen about 10% of the time. Now they are happening 80% of the time. These are long jobs that take a lot of the appealing flexibility out of the job that many started for.

If this is temporary, this place is pretty good to work at. If they keep going on with these jobs that take hours to do with heavy lifting and sometimes needs another person, I would avoid this position.
Pros
flexible time, traveling, allows for your own schedule
Cons
long builds take away flexibility, lots of driving, feel underpaid at times
Poor managment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South regionOctober 10, 2018
Every project was last minute and the travel pay wasnt worth the hassle. In town work pay made it hard to make a living. The manager was hard to reach.
Pros
Na
Cons
Horrible communication
Remote working is awesome
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I like the fact u can improve my skillset and advance in today's technology. I was able to get remote trainings to help me sale the consumer and the products.
Work schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 19, 2018
The work schedule is very stressful because you are given new jobs each week and have to figure it out on the fly. It is usually busy, but there are down times with little to no work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
constant change
Fun job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 17, 2018
Fun job, i worked at best buy selling computers. It was bit boring but we got to have very personal interactions with all of the customers and that made the job worth it.
Overall
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work for, very easy to manage your own time for work. Helps you be more outgoing and confident. Management will do what they can to help you.
Good company with great leaders
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 25, 2018
A fun place to work and an easy job once you get used to it. Good leaders within the company, some at field level good be better but the leadership team is working on it.
Pros
great clients, fun products
Cons
slow periods during off seasons
Good part time work for extra money
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
This is a part time role. You will travel to various retailers and work self supervised. Good experience for college student. Schedule is flexible. Report to boss remotely.
Do not work for this company
Salesman Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
They will make you work without getting paid management will not care for its employees, they made me train and never paid me for my training I'm still not getting paid
Pros
Cons
They dont pay on time or never will pay you for your work
nothing special to write just a pass by part time job to make some changes
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 6, 2018
ActionLink is mainly brang promoting/merchandising. nothing special to write. Anyone can work in retail environment part time only and hourly rate is higher than $15/hour. lots of local travels.
Work from home
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
The job allows you the freedom to run your team how you see fit within the companies guidelines. Plenty of room for advancement or opportunity to work weekly as a rep.
Electronics Merchandiser
Electronics Mercahdiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2018
This position is cool for someone who enjoys setting up and troubleshooting electronics. It was good for me as I could pretty much set my schedule. It got out of hand when I was responsible for the metal displays and shelving to put them on. I am not tall enough or strong enough for that part, and I realized I had to give up the position.
My manager/dispatcher was pretty great and just had endless patience, which I guess is the only way to get work out of people who live in a different state.
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Heavy displays and products/no set amount of hours
Professional
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
In order to work here, you have to have a strong work ethic. I have seen many people come and go due to the responsibility you are given.

It is up to you to showcase what you can do.
It has a great model.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
I began on a high profile campaign and was asked to stay on. I was promoted to District Manager for two projects and stayed on after as Rep just to know what is new in the industry. I pick up small assignments that interest me and stay current on training.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Low pay
Demonstrating electronic products in big box stores
Events Specialist - Assisted Sales (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 30, 2018
Weekend assignments may include conducting demos in 1 or more retail electronic stores or clubs in your area for 4-6 hours which could be short-term or long-term. You also complete online store surveys/reports at the end of your day. Your hourly rate depends on the client/ brand you represent.
Pros
Engaging with customers and gaining product knowledge
Cons
Projects end when client contract ends or product sells thru

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ActionLink. Our community is ready to answer.