ActionLink Employee Reviews

Work schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 19, 2018
The work schedule is very stressful because you are given new jobs each week and have to figure it out on the fly. It is usually busy, but there are down times with little to no work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
constant change
Fun job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 17, 2018
Fun job, i worked at best buy selling computers. It was bit boring but we got to have very personal interactions with all of the customers and that made the job worth it.
Overall
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work for, very easy to manage your own time for work. Helps you be more outgoing and confident. Management will do what they can to help you.
Good company with great leaders
Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 25, 2018
A fun place to work and an easy job once you get used to it. Good leaders within the company, some at field level good be better but the leadership team is working on it.
Pros
great clients, fun products
Cons
slow periods during off seasons
Good part time work for extra money
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2018
This is a part time role. You will travel to various retailers and work self supervised. Good experience for college student. Schedule is flexible. Report to boss remotely.
Do not work for this company
Salesman Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
They will make you work without getting paid management will not care for its employees, they made me train and never paid me for my training I'm still not getting paid
Pros
Cons
They dont pay on time or never will pay you for your work
nothing special to write just a pass by part time job to make some changes
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 6, 2018
ActionLink is mainly brang promoting/merchandising. nothing special to write. Anyone can work in retail environment part time only and hourly rate is higher than $15/hour. lots of local travels.
Work from home
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
The job allows you the freedom to run your team how you see fit within the companies guidelines. Plenty of room for advancement or opportunity to work weekly as a rep.
Electronics Merchandiser
Electronics Mercahdiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2018
This position is cool for someone who enjoys setting up and troubleshooting electronics. It was good for me as I could pretty much set my schedule. It got out of hand when I was responsible for the metal displays and shelving to put them on. I am not tall enough or strong enough for that part, and I realized I had to give up the position.
My manager/dispatcher was pretty great and just had endless patience, which I guess is the only way to get work out of people who live in a different state.
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Heavy displays and products/no set amount of hours
Professional
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
In order to work here, you have to have a strong work ethic. I have seen many people come and go due to the responsibility you are given.

It is up to you to showcase what you can do.
It has a great model.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
I began on a high profile campaign and was asked to stay on. I was promoted to District Manager for two projects and stayed on after as Rep just to know what is new in the industry. I pick up small assignments that interest me and stay current on training.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Low pay
Demonstrating electronic products in big box stores
Events Specialist - Assisted Sales (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 30, 2018
Weekend assignments may include conducting demos in 1 or more retail electronic stores or clubs in your area for 4-6 hours which could be short-term or long-term. You also complete online store surveys/reports at the end of your day. Your hourly rate depends on the client/ brand you represent.
Pros
Engaging with customers and gaining product knowledge
Cons
Projects end when client contract ends or product sells thru
Merch Rep
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 5, 2018
Nice Company to work for asked for a raise manager had no problem taking care of it.lots of travel sliding pay scale.only allowed to work Monday - Thursday. Friday's on on mgs approvals schedule not so flexible most work has to be finished by 6pm .
Pros
Great place to work, giod management
Cons
No benifits not so flexable schudule lots of travel
Enjoyed the flexibility, did not like management and compensation for travel and projects
Merchandising Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 11, 2018
Good flexibility
Low Pay for work and travel reimbursement
when client demand drops so do assignments
at one point I did 4 projects in two weeks
management system needs a lot of work
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation, poor managment
Day of work
Brand Advocate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 9, 2018
I am a brand advocate for Sony and work in the Best Buy in my home town. My focus is to build brand awareness for the Sony products so customers can make an informed decision on what to buy. I also train associates on how to qualify customers and what products to show based on customer needs.
Pros
working close to home
Cons
part time hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Samsung Lead Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJApril 4, 2018
A very fun place to work at. There is always customers to interact with which means your always productive. The crew you work with is also fun with whom you can never get bored.
Pros
All working
Cons
No overtime
Fun work place for a student
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel Valley, CAApril 4, 2018
If you are lookin for a job while in school part time with good pay this would be the job for you. With flexible hours and different positions to transfer into.
Feedback
Market Development Manager - Lenovo (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2018
Great job ended too soon everything about the job was good. I worked the Lenovo program and had an amazing manager. I would recommend checking out actionlink to anyone.
Pros
Run, laid back, benefits, company car
Cons
Contract job
Great place to work when work provided.
SALES SPECIALIST & CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Working for this company was great. Plenty of work provided while in California. However, once moved to Oregon work was not available. Long times standing with no work opportunities.
Great side job with full time opportunities
TECHNICAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 24, 2018
I started off as an electronics specialist, which consisted of traveling around my state being the resident expert on most electronics brands, such as Microsoft, Bose, Samsung, and more. I set up displays, audited the company's presence in various stores including Best Buy and Walmart, and answered questions about the products. I was promoted and now work technically part time, but is usually more like full time from home, working as part of a small team to manage over 600 reps all around the United States and Puerto Rico.
Great work environment, empowering position, overall communicative management, fun job. Basically everything is positive except the lack of benefits, and the fact that advancement opportunity is rare and difficult to achieve.
Pros
Empowering work environment, self starting position
Cons
No healthcare, vision, dental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ActionLink. Our community is ready to answer.