Active Community Health Center Employee Reviews

It was good for awhile
This job has great pay and a great family atmosphere when it was a smaller company. As they tried to grow bigger too quickly the job culture got progressively terrible and turnover became higher. It would’ve been great if they could have stayed a small company and grown slowly. The CEO is hungry for money.
Company in development need to improve managment skills.
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 12, 2019
New company in development . Need to be very flexible with schedules and clients. Able to work in the afternoons and weekends. Management need to be more professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Managment
Good growth opportunity
BSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2019
This was a very positive place to work I enjoyed the people in the atmosphere I especially enjoyed being in the elementary school system interacting with students and families and finding solutions to difficult problems. This was my first exposure to families in real distress everyone at the agency was very helpful and supportive as I tried to find solutions to problems I myself had never faced before. it was a good experience.
This company does a lot for the community
Obviously one cannot expect he highest pay in a social work sort of field. The management was ambitious about expanding the company. I believe they have since changed offices since my employment there.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
I did not have health or dental benefits
It was fun being around the kids that were attached to you.
Seed Coach/ Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33313April 11, 2019
I enjoyed the fact that I've had a chance to meet some very wonderful people within a short period of time that i was employed there. I wish that i would've made a better choice as of not leaving my full-time job and then a month later to be told that you're laid off.
Staff member can really make a difference to the clients life.
Lead Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2019
Active Community Health Center taught me what compassion for your patients and staff members truly looks like. This place allowed me to grow as both a professional and as an individual. Excellent place for professionals to gain experience in their careers.
Pros
space to growth
Cons
sad stories from clients
Person-centered agency with knowledgable supervisors.
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 28, 2019
The agency is a very person-centered place for clients as well as for staff. The supervisors are very open and willing to assist with training new staff.
Pros
flexible schedules, training for staff, client-centered agency
Cons
no benefits for all staff yet
Happy to be here!
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 19, 2019
Rapidly growing organization. Great team of professionals. Knowledgeable, helpful and caring group of individuals. Room for growth, CEO is caring, open to ideas.
Pros
Growth potential, collaborative work environment and proactive.
Cons
Growing pains is a good thing!
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our organizational culture and excited about transforming the lives of our employees and the community we serve.

Fun Place to Work
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke PinesOctober 2, 2018
Open communication, acceptance and encouraging staff. Active Community Health Center is a great place to work. Management supports the staff and is always looking for ways to engage the clinicians.
Pros
Creativity is appreciated
March 27, 2019

Thanks for your review! We are happy that you enjoy your organizational culture!

Fun
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 23, 2018
This company can be very misleading. Was told Monday -Friday, on first day of hire was told Monday-Thursday. New company needs a lot of work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
March 27, 2019

Thank you for the review! We are experiencing rapid growth and with that comes growing pains.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Active Community Health Center Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?