Active Day Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 3, 2019
The clients their make you fall in love wit the job . Positive energy an great personalities . Positive work place . Fun enviroment to be in . Great people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible place to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 27, 2019
Management sucks, they fire you for no reason, suspend you for something some one else did that worked there longer than you so they don’t lose their job, they expect you to stay shut when they belittle you in front of everyone (co workers, visitors, clients) HR will not help you, they have pervs working there, alcoholics, etc. place is trash!
Pros
Loved the clients
Cons
Terrible management.
Poor management and terrible employee treatment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  new englandMarch 20, 2019
Working here has been an absolute nightmare. Everything you're told to do (which btw, i've been told every week something new that I've needed to do) has either been not enough or like you need to do even more until you're at your limit. My manager has acted completely unprofessional by not only belittling me in front of the members that we look after, but also backing me into corner and asking me if I disliked a certain co-worker as well. All of this, and more is every reason why no-one should be working here. Every time someone new started working here, they would leave maybe a week later and I was eventually the only CNA left to care for the members. I worked my hardest for this place because I loved every single person that In took care of.
Pros
the members
Cons
managment, staffing
Review workers (Driver)
Employee (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDMarch 15, 2019
This place is a great place to work but you have one staff member (driver) that continues to spoil the whole atmosphere with her toxic energy. She is nasty to her own coworkers, drivers, and program assistance, management, care providers and clients. Im sure she had been reported several times. This situation really needs to be looked into. What would it take for Active Day to get rid of that bad apple.
Do Not Work for this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Myrtle BeachMarch 13, 2019
Poor management, bad hours, you have to drive broken buses, you have to use your own GPS company does not supply. HR will not help you. The company works you to death.
Pros
Cons
read review
You worked in the morning, then came back worked in the afternoon.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYFebruary 21, 2019
Enjoyed meeting and being around the clients. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you was going to get off work. You worked until the last client was home.
Pros
The clients
Cons
No set quitting time.
Loved the clients
Para- Transit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 14, 2019
Hated the hours of a driver. NO life outside of work due to split shifts and constant overtime. Overall a decent company with benefits and they pay more than minimum mage.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Horrible hours as a driver
Active day
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 1, 2019
I would work at the active day i worked at ever again. Too much drama and problems that could of been fixed. The typical day was stressful it was always some type of issues with the clients due to the Director not being involved in any activities
A fun productive work place
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJanuary 15, 2019
This facility has been Renovated and looks good the staff are very friendly and the management team is very friendly and helpful very much on point with everything, The Activities are fun and motivating. The clients go on trips to explore fun places and also have indoor activities. Come by take a look, you will not be disappointed. Make a visit to The Active Day of Randallstown Center.
Stressful
Finance Dept (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PA CorpJanuary 7, 2019
I join Active day almost a year ago and my management has changed 3x. Very poor management skill and no employee benefit.

You will learn a lot but at the end make sure you get your work done otherwise you can't go home.
Pros
Coworker are nice
Cons
Poor management.
Very nice atmosphere to work in. Feels like family
RN Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, SCDecember 16, 2018
A typical workday is never boring and very satisfying.Feels like being part of a loving & caring family. Everyone looks out for one another. Happy faces every day.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
No breaks
Great place to work and a boss who really cares for her staff and our members.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJDecember 8, 2018
I work as a program assistant in NJ and love my job. We have a new director who moved up the line and she really does care for her staff and our members. She pitches in all over wherever she is needed from serving meals to driving the bus. The health benefits are not very good which makes it difficult for the employees to afford to go to the doctors even with the insurance. Pay is not bad but could be better.
Pros
We mostly work together as a team
Cons
The pay and benefits
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 4, 2018
The job duties are okay and expected. Communication between management and employees is horrible. They will throw the aids under the bus to the clients and vice versa
Poor pay lack of communication
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJNovember 11, 2018
Was working consistently got about a month and out of the blue was told that they would call me to let me know when to return. There no communication co workers where very nice how ever management talked down to staff and some of the clients. Not enough pay for what they expect you to do.
I enjoyed taking care of the clients..
Pros
Clients that attend active day
Cons
Pay, lack of communication, out of work with out any notice, no communication at all
Poor management
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 8, 2018
This facility needs a complete renovation, very outdated, poor activity materials an a lack of structured programs for individuals cognitive level needs. Management are completely out of touch with members but prioritize micro managing, the pay is not worth the level of care provided, hours given are less than expected. Sanitation practices needs major improvements.
Pros
Wonderful members
Cons
Total care members require extensive direct care, poor pay, bad management
A fast paced and challenging but rewarding place to work.
Program Manager/Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 6, 2018
A fast paced and challenging but rewarding place to work. Learned how to do electronic charting and billing. Work on CMS system. Answer phone calls. A lot of client interaction. Coordinate daily activities.
Wonderful place to work!
Aid and Assist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJSeptember 5, 2018
Caring for people who can't care for themselves has always even my thing. I enjoy making sure their needs are met as well as taking their minds off thei problems. This is very hard physical worl. I'm not as strong as I used to be!
Very rewarding to care for the elderly.
PCA/HHA (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 18, 2018
I would go from client to client house. Must be independent and reliable. The hardest part of my job is losing a client. The best part of my job is the satisfaction I get to take care of the elderly.
Needs improvemnent
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Active DayJuly 17, 2018
Active Day could be a great place to work if their corporate office cared about their day to day employees and recognized their hard work and gave incentives to compensate for their pay. The members are a joy to work with and you meet some great people with in the company however their cooperate office knows nothing of the people who work with their individuals or the individuals they serve. Corporate needs to change some of their goals to produce a better company
Pros
Members are great
Cons
Low paying company
I believe all nursing jobs should be under the guidance of nurse manger. Lack of communucation, can be disorganized, always changing how you operate,
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 27, 2018
I need structure,compliance, organization, I believe that all nursing concepts need to be handled by nurse manager. The lack of communication between employees and other providers can be daunting. I believe in save work environment. Professionalism. Working as a team.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Heathcare, no consistency, lack of order

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Day. Our community is ready to answer.