Active Minds Employee Reviews

Good
Emerging Scholar Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2019
I conducted research on the effectiveness of origami for adolescents in an acute psychiatric unit in Rochester, MN at the Mayo Clinic. I led creative writing sessions.
Great Company
Assistant Teacher (TEMP) - Spring Break (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDMay 23, 2019
Excellent work atmosphere & wonderful people to work with. I enjoyed every moment and felt I was making a difference. I would gladly recommend anyone who loves kids and is diligent to educating them while keeping them safe, to get a job there.
An Amazing Organization for an Amazing Cause
President/Founder (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Active Minds is an incredible organization that all colleges should have on their campuses. It provided me countless opportunities to grow as an individual and as a leader. More college students should consider starting a chapter of Active Minds on their own college campus if there currently is not one already.
Pros
Leadership Opportunities
Great Heart
Acting treasurer for three semesters (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2018
They definitely care and are doing what they can to make a difference and an impact. They are active in the community and they are focused on education and impact.
Great Club
Active Member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2018
Great club to be apart of. I was only here throughout my four years of college. I thought the message of the club is great and very important, especially now.
Intern experience
Development and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2018
Very welcoming and warm culture! They encourage creativity during your internship and individuals who work there do their best to train and assist you when needed. It is not easy and almost impossible to obtain a full time position with this company, and is an unpaid position.
Pros
nice culture, offer great references
Cons
unpaid, don't offer parking and travel expenses, not easy to get a full time job
Wonderful
Academic Intern Program (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
This is a great organization and has many chances for outreach and non-profit work. Provides different experiences and has a meaningful goal for college students.
Work with a mission
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2017
Everyone is very dedicated to and invested in the mental health mission. Even the smallest task has a noticeable impact on other's lives. Everyone is very kind and supportive.
Active Minds is an on campus student organization that aim to promote awareness around depression, mental health, and suicide.
Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day with Active Minds usually starts with meetings to discuss monthly activities that the organization want to participate or organize. The greatest skill that I learn from here is outreaching and Peer education.
Fun Organization with dedicated employees.
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 16, 2014
Amazing organization. Leaders were dedicated and enjoy what they do.
Pros
Amazing organizers.
Cons
Spent the majority of the time planning rather than acting.
Great organization to help the community and create lasting relationships.
RCC Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 28, 2013
Active Minds is a mental awareness organization on Riverside City College campus. There are over 400 chapter across the United States. Active Minds educates the students and community about mental illness and tries to delete the stigma surrounding mental illness. The people in this organization are caring, fun and enthusiastic people. We all work together very well and make this experience more than just another trophy on our transcripts.