Active Pest Control

Active Pest Control Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
This is a very fast paced job. It is hot in the summer with lots of work. It can be very tiring and draining. This job is not for everyone! You must be customer oriented and have great work ethic.
This is such a loser company and the owners should go back to Asia and nickel and dime there own people rather than our good citizens here in the USA!
The managment does NOT care about their employees they care only about how much money they can make and will work you to the point of exhaustion to get that money. The managers are all related too or family friends of the owner and up until a few days ago the business was family owned. DO NOT waste your time applying here unless you're okay with unfair treatment and very unfair pay
Pros
Cons
Managment, lack of advacement, and lack of pay
An amazing place to work. The upper Management is top notch. Show up on time and give a 100% and they look after you like family. Plenty of room for advancement and growth. As a company they are growing by leaps and bounds. That does not happen unless you are doing something right.

*Provide Lunch for Corporate Employees Weekly during Summer

*Provide Breakfast once a week for morning meetings

*All expense paid Cruise as sales incentive for qualified individuals

*Paid Time Off for Holidays

*Paid day off for each employees Birthday

*Company Wide Christmas Party

*Excused time off for kids Doctor appointments

*Company Vehicles

*Gas Cards

*Medical and Dental Opportunities

*401K which owner matches a generous amount!

*Paid Training and continued Training

*Hands Down Best Pay Structure for Salesmen in the industry!!!

*Monthly Sales Meetings at the Braves Game, Lake, and much more.
Pros
Management, Opportunities, Family atmosphere, Pay
Cons
Long hours at certain times of the year
Great place to work and good pay for the job. Managment is nice as well. Good values and overall great people to work for. They are flexible too with your schedule
Horrible and abusive environment. I was disgusted by the people who worked in upper management. Employees were held to unrealistic standards and publicly berated when unable to meet them.
This job will lure you in with starting pay of 12 an hour. they tell you that you can get two raises within 90 days but that's a lie. The main raise they give is the one where you get your pest control license. Your 90 day evaluation never happens unless you email the manager constantly. The person that does it the evaluation will wait months to put in and don't retro pay you. Management doesn't care about you at all. They hire their friends from the church for management. Upper management is just one big sausage party that doesn't care about the women in the call center They think it is okay to discuss your business in front of your co workers. They don't appreciate anything that you do at all. The owner of the company is the biggest tyrant I've ever met in my life. They think that sticking a 20 on your desk for lunch will make up for him yelling and berating you. I've seen the owner make someone cry on multiple occasions. This place takes advantage of the mothers that work there and dangle your job in your face like a carrot. The only thing that keeps you there is the love you have for your coworkers but that's it. There is absolutely no training on the phone systems and the only thing that is constant is change. They will tell you one thing and do another. I would advise to stay away from this place. If you or your child is sick they don't care. I've heard a manager say that its not their problem when a child is sick and the worker needs to come in. They cover up a lot of things that are unethical and unmoral. The false recognition that this place will give you is worth more - more...
Ownership and upper management consists of narcissistic, ego-driven blowhards. Meetings consist of berating of staff. Inner circle mentality revolves around puckering up to owner. 10-12 hour work days minimum for all positions. Ridiculous routing with no applied logic. Zero support from administration. Pay was lacking, but usually on time and accurate.
Pros
paychecks usually on time.
Cons
HORRIBLE culture. Unprofessional. 60+hour work week. Zero quality of life.
It would be wise to learn about gas lighting in the work place before applying here. The company has a problem culturally in the management department. It attracts an egotistical kind of people who get away with abuse. I personally had a manager tell me it’s a management style, but really i was being bullied. There are some good benefits here, but like much of what you read. The management gets away with essentially abusing the techs.
I personally was cornered by a manager in a chemical room for going to HR to ask what the company policy was for raises. I spoke with that manager more than once for a raise before going to HR.. Hr didn’t keep confidentiality. Things like this build up over time.
Pros
Decent pay for termite side, imo take home vehicle for those who work at far off branches
Cons
Poor management culture
Learned new systems used in the pest control industry, learned a bit about pest control as well. Upper level management is helpful when it is beneficial for them/the company. However; upper management could do better.
Human Resources is probably the most notable department of this company. HR is very understanding, considerate, and is a full believer in the "open door policy".

Benefits are the best experienced throughout my working career.

Working hours are fair. Work life balance around schedules can be difficult if you have children/multiple doctors appointments.

Gossip will not be accepted and will be used against you.

So long as you keep your head down, do your job, don't expect any advancements, and only care about a pay check, this is the company to work for.
Pros
Steady pay check
Cons
Management, lack of growth in the company
Most of the reviews you read here are accurate. Two are garbage. Active treats pregnant women well. I have worked in corporate with pregnant women who had no complaints. The other is you don’t have to fight for your pay. If a mistake was made all you have to do is bring it to their attention and they will correct immediately. However I do not recommend Active.
Pros
Cons
Horrible upper management.
While working here I have learned a lot about the pest control world. Management is bad, the can put things on you without warning, Have to fight for money they owe you. They don't keep up with their word. They say one thing then switch up on you real quick. The upper management has yelled, and cussed out other employees at you in front of everyone no matters who is around.

You are on your own there is no one really over your back you can work in peace, a kinda at your own pace. If you need something, for the most part, it is provided. Pay is well compared to others.
Pros
Driving, P.T.O., good pay.
I really like that it's family oriented and employee friendly. The hardest part is learning there system setup. Management is very helpful with questions and concerns.
measure correct amount of chemicals to use and granulars, mixing product ..driving to customers home 10-15 stops per day. applying chemicals properly. Going to next stop... trying to finish before dark.
Pros
training
Cons
The pay and could be laid off during winter
Active is a terrible place to work some offices were ok but most try to not give you anything to do the job the correct way and then accuse you of not performing job correctly kinda hard to when they can’t even give you the tools to do it correctly and poor leadership and don’t care about techs at all you are a body that can easily be replaced lack of trust for techs as well if this was the only company doing pest control I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.
Pros
A job
Cons
Pay for vehicle, no one cares about techs, always threatening to fire you
I was a manager, and was over worked, had poor training, and treated like garbage. Executive team was so full of themselves and treated everyone else like garbage.
Pros
company car
Cons
lack of training if you did not come from industry. long hours
I overall like the industry and enjoy the people I have worked with. I have learned alot about the corporate world. I worked with alot of good people and have made some long term friends. We all at some point realize that we must move on and so it is.
Still in its growing stage in the Texas market so it does take a little hustle. Supports customer service so it helps keep clients satisfied. They encourage personal growth.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Not well known
The work at Active is hard labor, but you receive good training and overall the management is good. However, the benefits are sorely lacking, and there is not much opportunity for advancement, unless you are into sales. A good job singles but if you are training to support a family you should look elsewhere
The company culture is negative reinforcement. There is no work/life balance. Do not expect recognition for hard work or exceptional service. It is not a fun or happy place to work. There is very little team building.
Initial training is excellent.
Pros
Industry and technical training.
Cons
Not a positive environment.
The Owner is a Tyrant. Turnover is extremely high. Female employees, those pregnant or that have children (single moms) are treated very poorly.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Pest Control. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6