Active Wellness Employee Reviews

Great Clients and Coworkers
Personal Trainer/ Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
I've learned a lot from working with my staff at Active Wellness. Management was great and very flexible with time off requests. I enjoyed coming to work and working with my clients.
Cons
short breaks
Not sustainable
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJune 2, 2018
Bad manager and pay, not sustainable for a living. Felt underappreciated. Members at the gym were nice. Co-workers were annoying. Did give me some decent experience.
Supportive staff and eclectic mix of clients makes for an interesting work environment
Group X Instructor/ Pilates Professional (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Dedicated clients makes it easy to commit as they inspire you to give them better and better everytime you go to instruct. I like this as it keeps me on my toes
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Communication from Higher managers is poor
Weak on a corporate level. Not the culture for a gym environment. Very poor management.
Operations Manager, Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
Management and upper management did not have any loyalties to their long term dependable staff. Managers did not last long as they did not fit in with the culture of the gym. Neither did the upper management fit in with the culture. The gym was ran to please the upper management, not the staff or the members.
Pros
The gym was a fun environment with great members and staff.
Cons
Corporate Managers and GM did not belong physically or culturally in a gym environment.
Over all not a bad place
Aquatics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Its part time so I don't get any benefits. The hours are great and management is always willing to be flexible. Most the dumb things you deal with is from the actual members themselves. Besides having no place to stay dry when your coaching. Its great.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
The payroll and how its done.
Cleanliness
Service Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2016
The club was always organized and clean. The turnover rate at the location was great with both the members and employees.
Pros
Good Service
Program Development
Wellness Coordinator Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2015
As an intern, I learned a lot about Corporate Wellness. On a typical day I would come in and check my emails to see if clients had any questions or wanted to sign up for a class/program, then I would organize the gym floor before lunch hour, then work on future programs, Then finally I would teach a few fitness classes. The most enjoyable part was building the relations with the members and helping in achieving their fitness goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.