Activision Employee Reviews

Waste of time and opportunity
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Being able to play video game from time to time was great. The free snack and drink was okay too.

The best reward you get for working hard is the survival of time-based layoff.

This job sucks.
Cons
It was a pretty good place to work
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2018
In general it’s a pretty good place to work. Most mangers are nice as well as most of the people. Some mangers play favorites for moving people to DLC.
Love video games, dislike the dark side of the industry
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 29, 2018
This is a contract job and you are not an Activision employee so your chances of building a path that leads to a career with the company is not that high. The player base that you help is very toxic and constantly verbally bash the help you are trying to provide for them. While I love video games and being surrounded by them on a daily basis, this is not the ideal area of the industry I'd like to be in
Pros
Tons of snacks and drinks for free, surrounded by video games, console's at your desk, plenty of networking events
Cons
Overworked, under paid contract work, very limited benefits, mandatory 6 days a week / 12 hour shifts during new game or DLC launch, very little chance of growing with the company
Great Place To Work
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great people and a great job. Fun and relaxed as well as fast passed when crunch time comes. Everyone gets along and you feel like your part of a team.
Exhausting
Senior QA Tester (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2017
Great place to connect with other Video Game lovers. Many friends have been made throughout my 2 years there. However, there is no room for advancement and you will barely see life outside of work.
Pros
Free lunches and games
Cons
Mandatory hours and inconsistent scheduling
A very fun working envirement
Activison Ambassador (Former Employee) –  OnlineNovember 23, 2017
This was a very interesting job because I was constantly surrounded by other gamers. Just knowing that everyone around me enjoys the same thing that I do is just amazing. If you are a gamer this would be a very fun volunteer job to do.
Pros
Benefits in the videogame
Cons
How much you have to do it
Lead Game Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 4, 2017
Overall, a very good place to work but be prepared to crunch when the time comes. Lots of gamers around passionate about what they and gaming in general. Professional and well qualified colleagues, know what the are doing and trying to excel. Internal politics can get pretty nasty though.
Productive work
Production (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
I liked it cause it was a fast paste environment and it made time go by faster. The pay wasn't so good but the hours were. I liked how we get to communicate with other workers while working in line and I liked how we rotate our positions.
Pros
Get to talk while working in a fast paste.
Cons
Short breaks.
Stay away!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 9, 2017
I realy hated this job. The managers don't tell the QA Testers things until after they have spent days trying to test a bug or they expect you to meet a bug quota for every day when you are placed on a team that has to test one bug on a map that has had all the bugs reported for days. They are not very open with employees being themselves at work. They require a more casual formal dress code, so sorry guys no punk rocker looks metal faces or heavy tats, least you be fired for being yourself.
Pros
Old School arcade in lunch room, free sodas and energy drinks
Cons
Bad Management, poor employee standards, bad hours, low pay
Great
Blizzard Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great office environment, friendly coworkers, reasonable management, good food, fun after work events, room for growth within company, overall great company culture.
Good team work
Lead Animator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked on many exciting project at Treyarch while I was working there. When team was small, people worked together with fun. Later team got bigger and bigger, some communication between team were lost.
Pros
Good atmosphere for game developers
Cons
not efficient schedule management
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 12, 2017
I worked at a warehouse and as there temporary employee I was assigned to do the following: putting labels on boxes, stacking the boxes on pallets, receiving shipments, organizing the merchandise, put the merchandise back in to a box, and get the boxes ready to ship out.
Productive line
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2017
I package games Wii , Xbox , ps4 , I worked on the converted belt and stacked boxes 6 high and they had you move positions every 2 hours and they had 2 breaks and 1 lunch break
Pros
Every 2 1/2 hours was break
Cons
You had to stand the entire shift
Fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Passionate people working on great games.
Lots of great perks including games.
A lot of smart, passionate and engaged people.
Multicultural employees but not upper management.
Productive Workspace with Great Coworkers
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 13, 2017
Working at Activision has offered numerous opportunities for growth and development, whether that be mental, emotional, internal, or educational. Management has a good balance of strictness and flexibility. The coworkers, as well as the environment, offered a workspace that was energetic, enjoyable, and a very positive work environment.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great job awesome people
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 17, 2016
Great job good pay, long hours with alot of breaks, great enviroment, sad that it is only temporary. i would live there if i could
Good work environment for a short term job
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 1, 2016
Job was contract based for a short term project. Informal atmosphere for game testers. Immediately had to start 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week after hiring, overtime pay included.
Pros
Regular breaks
Great Environment, just wish Management wasn't all about the numbers
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Blizzard Activision is an amazing place to work, and I will never regret my time there.

Typical day was log in, take tickets, log into web-chat, take LOTS of tickets, log into phones, take calls.

Lunch

Back on to the queue, take more tickets. Go home.
Pros
Swag
Cons
Management support. Over the years its become "WORK FASTER! Give better service. WORK FASTER!"
Team based, comfortable atmosphere
Tier 2 Outreach specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 23, 2016
Activision is a pretty amazing place to work. They take great care of their employees and give equal parts responsibility and deference when it comes to handling customer service opportunities.

The team that I was a part of was a pilot effort designed to assist high-value customers. They relied on our service expertise and allowed us to write much of the book on how to approach these clients.

The atmosphere was very casual and open. They did their best, within the constraints, to provide us with the tools we would need.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, resources for assisting customers, access to games/gaming conventions
Cons
Transitional period. Manager not present, reliance on immature team leads
So fun it barely feels like work!
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 22, 2016
Long hours spent staring at screens and sitting in a chair but a overall really positive experience. Working here made you feel integral to the process of developing a game and making something millions of people will enjoy. It made playing games all day feel vastly important. The only downside to this job were the hours that changed a lot based on the need to achieve certain milestones and release a finished product by a set date.
Pros
Free video games, shirts, Activision products and the ability to play games before release
Cons
Long shifts that changed constantly depending on what needed to be done.