Activision Employee Reviews

Don't let the industry fool you
Contractor (Former Employee) –  County DublinOctober 28, 2018
None of the perks of working in a real game company office - passive aggressive management - NO job security or room for advancement. Poor treatment. Even as a satellite office it's really poor. The only perk? Decent coffee (when the machine works) If you have any history working in the games industry at all you know that part of the 'payment' for long hours and substandard payrates are the perks (snacks, game nights at the very least) Activision Dublin... nothing - seriously we couldn't even use the canteen after work to play board games once a week...

Process and procedure documentation doesn't exist - and if you don't follow these non-existent processes you will get ranted at in an open office... it's just a really hideously unprofessional environment.
Pros
Cons
Bad work environment, inept management
Mostly great people, unfocused company
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The Activision work experience is an exercise is cognitive dissonance. At the personal level, you're surrounded by people who are kind, helpful, smart, and talented. However, its corporate infrastructure and mechanisms are beyond bureaucratic and opaque – its culture and ability to adapt to the quickly-changing gaming landscape is nonexistent, and has been reflected in its market performance as of late. It has survived so far because its business instincts are top-notch – if it could marry those to a more agile and flexible development structure, it would be fine.
Love video games, dislike the dark side of the industry
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 29, 2018
This is a contract job and you are not an Activision employee so your chances of building a path that leads to a career with the company is not that high. The player base that you help is very toxic and constantly verbally bash the help you are trying to provide for them. While I love video games and being surrounded by them on a daily basis, this is not the ideal area of the industry I'd like to be in
Pros
Tons of snacks and drinks for free, surrounded by video games, console's at your desk, plenty of networking events
Cons
Overworked, under paid contract work, very limited benefits, mandatory 6 days a week / 12 hour shifts during new game or DLC launch, very little chance of growing with the company
no advancement
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2018
not a career to stay in for a long period of time. 40 hours a week with minimum wages. a good place for a summer job, but wont be able to support long terms financial responsibilities. but with the right crew any fun.
Fun place to work at
Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 11, 2019
It is a fun place to work out but also will keep workers occupied. There is plenty of downtimes but also plenty of time where everyone is working constantly.
Great Oppurtunity
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I had a lot of fun working at Activision. I hope to one day work for Blizzard. I worked in the basement with the Graphics Department. I did have some trouble because of the lighting not being enough but the best i could do was a desk lamp. Nonetheless, great job, great coworkers, and great leaders.
friendly
Freelance (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I worked as a freelancer for Activision so I had little interaction time at the office studio. What little interaction I did have was positive and friendly. The only drawback was that I did not get enough communication specific to the style direction: They gave me wonderful samples with different approaches and the Artist who was working in house doing what I was doing had a very different approach to the samples altogether...
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
in the end I was not sure if my style is what they wanted; I was not told one way or another.
A very fun working envirement
Activison Ambassador (Former Employee) –  OnlineNovember 23, 2017
This was a very interesting job because I was constantly surrounded by other gamers. Just knowing that everyone around me enjoys the same thing that I do is just amazing. If you are a gamer this would be a very fun volunteer job to do.
Pros
Benefits in the videogame
Cons
How much you have to do it
Relaxed, long hours
Project Lead, Production Tester, QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 11, 2018
Testers are hired through a temp agency, and are put on call every 4-6 weeks.
Testers are normally hired on a project to project basis, and a normal test cycle runs 4-8 weeks.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Activision Rating
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 27, 2018
It is great to see so many co-workers having passion about this company. Though, the hours can be long. The program used for Bonus structure takes too long, and it can be hard to really gauge your success.
Pros
Leaders & co-workers having a great passion about this work
Cons
Hours can be long
Distribution Center
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 19, 2018
I worked at a distribution center, not the head quarters, so it was a dirty dark facility that no longer exists. The facility was closed in February 2018.
Awesome day at Activision
Packing , (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 22, 2018
Typical day at work walking in to work everyone smiling an talking an getting settled in.
I learned how systems are boxed an processed and organized thanks to our Management this are set up pretty nice and in order . They are very helpful they wont leave your side until your sure. .
The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day an doing the same thing over and over.you may get a little ditsy but
The most enjoyable part was coming into work feeling blessed to have a job an me an my co-workers motivating each other to be there every day .
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
temporary job
Compensation and benefits were good!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2018
The culture of Activision was awesome and a company where you feel like you belong to something bigger than life. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Exhausting
Senior QA Tester (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2017
Great place to connect with other Video Game lovers. Many friends have been made throughout my 2 years there. However, there is no room for advancement and you will barely see life outside of work.
Pros
Free lunches and games
Cons
Mandatory hours and inconsistent scheduling
Great Place To Work
Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 3, 2017
Great place to work....Lots of perks....Fun Environment..... Long hours, but it is so worth it! I highly recommend working here ! For example, lots of parties. Friday Happy Hour
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Lots of time off
Waste of time and opportunity
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Being able to play video game from time to time was great. The free snack and drink was okay too.

The best reward you get for working hard is the survival of time-based layoff.

This job sucks.
Cons
It was a pretty good place to work
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2018
In general it’s a pretty good place to work. Most mangers are nice as well as most of the people. Some mangers play favorites for moving people to DLC.
Stay away!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 9, 2017
I realy hated this job. The managers don't tell the QA Testers things until after they have spent days trying to test a bug or they expect you to meet a bug quota for every day when you are placed on a team that has to test one bug on a map that has had all the bugs reported for days. They are not very open with employees being themselves at work. They require a more casual formal dress code, so sorry guys no punk rocker looks metal faces or heavy tats, least you be fired for being yourself.
Pros
Old School arcade in lunch room, free sodas and energy drinks
Cons
Bad Management, poor employee standards, bad hours, low pay
A valuable experience but long hours, which is standard in the video-game industry
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 4, 2015
An enjoyable workplace with great management. This job is not for everyone as the workweek can exceed 80 hours per week and pay is hourly but if you have a passion for video games this can be a great introduction.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place To Work
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great people and a great job. Fun and relaxed as well as fast passed when crunch time comes. Everyone gets along and you feel like your part of a team.