Activision Employee Reviews

no advancement
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2018
not a career to stay in for a long period of time. 40 hours a week with minimum wages. a good place for a summer job, but wont be able to support long terms financial responsibilities. but with the right crew any fun.
Activision Rating
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 27, 2018
It is great to see so many co-workers having passion about this company. Though, the hours can be long. The program used for Bonus structure takes too long, and it can be hard to really gauge your success.
Pros
Leaders & co-workers having a great passion about this work
Cons
Hours can be long
Relaxed, long hours
Project Lead, Production Tester, QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 11, 2018
Testers are hired through a temp agency, and are put on call every 4-6 weeks.
Testers are normally hired on a project to project basis, and a normal test cycle runs 4-8 weeks.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Awesome day at Activision
Packing , (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 22, 2018
Typical day at work walking in to work everyone smiling an talking an getting settled in.
I learned how systems are boxed an processed and organized thanks to our Management this are set up pretty nice and in order . They are very helpful they wont leave your side until your sure. .
The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day an doing the same thing over and over.you may get a little ditsy but
The most enjoyable part was coming into work feeling blessed to have a job an me an my co-workers motivating each other to be there every day .
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
temporary job
Compensation and benefits were good!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 5, 2018
The culture of Activision was awesome and a company where you feel like you belong to something bigger than life. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Waste of time and opportunity
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Being able to play video game from time to time was great. The free snack and drink was okay too.

The best reward you get for working hard is the survival of time-based layoff.

This job sucks.
Cons
It was a pretty good place to work
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2018
In general it’s a pretty good place to work. Most mangers are nice as well as most of the people. Some mangers play favorites for moving people to DLC.
Love video games, dislike the dark side of the industry
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 29, 2018
This is a contract job and you are not an Activision employee so your chances of building a path that leads to a career with the company is not that high. The player base that you help is very toxic and constantly verbally bash the help you are trying to provide for them. While I love video games and being surrounded by them on a daily basis, this is not the ideal area of the industry I'd like to be in
Pros
Tons of snacks and drinks for free, surrounded by video games, console's at your desk, plenty of networking events
Cons
Overworked, under paid contract work, very limited benefits, mandatory 6 days a week / 12 hour shifts during new game or DLC launch, very little chance of growing with the company
Great Place To Work
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great people and a great job. Fun and relaxed as well as fast passed when crunch time comes. Everyone gets along and you feel like your part of a team.
Contract Video Game Tester
Video Game Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Worked on the floor with over 60 different testers to perform quality checks on a game software product. It is a decent place to start for learning video game quality assurance.
Exhausting
Senior QA Tester (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2017
Great place to connect with other Video Game lovers. Many friends have been made throughout my 2 years there. However, there is no room for advancement and you will barely see life outside of work.
Pros
Free lunches and games
Cons
Mandatory hours and inconsistent scheduling
A very fun working envirement
Activison Ambassador (Former Employee) –  OnlineNovember 23, 2017
This was a very interesting job because I was constantly surrounded by other gamers. Just knowing that everyone around me enjoys the same thing that I do is just amazing. If you are a gamer this would be a very fun volunteer job to do.
Pros
Benefits in the videogame
Cons
How much you have to do it
Lead Game Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 4, 2017
Overall, a very good place to work but be prepared to crunch when the time comes. Lots of gamers around passionate about what they and gaming in general. Professional and well qualified colleagues, know what the are doing and trying to excel. Internal politics can get pretty nasty though.
Great Place To Work
Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 3, 2017
Great place to work....Lots of perks....Fun Environment..... Long hours, but it is so worth it! I highly recommend working here ! For example, lots of parties. Friday Happy Hour
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Lots of time off
Productive work
Production (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
I liked it cause it was a fast paste environment and it made time go by faster. The pay wasn't so good but the hours were. I liked how we get to communicate with other workers while working in line and I liked how we rotate our positions.
Pros
Get to talk while working in a fast paste.
Cons
Short breaks.
Stay away!
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 9, 2017
I realy hated this job. The managers don't tell the QA Testers things until after they have spent days trying to test a bug or they expect you to meet a bug quota for every day when you are placed on a team that has to test one bug on a map that has had all the bugs reported for days. They are not very open with employees being themselves at work. They require a more casual formal dress code, so sorry guys no punk rocker looks metal faces or heavy tats, least you be fired for being yourself.
Pros
Old School arcade in lunch room, free sodas and energy drinks
Cons
Bad Management, poor employee standards, bad hours, low pay
Great
Blizzard Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great office environment, friendly coworkers, reasonable management, good food, fun after work events, room for growth within company, overall great company culture.
Good team work
Lead Animator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked on many exciting project at Treyarch while I was working there. When team was small, people worked together with fun. Later team got bigger and bigger, some communication between team were lost.
Pros
Good atmosphere for game developers
Cons
not efficient schedule management
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 12, 2017
I worked at a warehouse and as there temporary employee I was assigned to do the following: putting labels on boxes, stacking the boxes on pallets, receiving shipments, organizing the merchandise, put the merchandise back in to a box, and get the boxes ready to ship out.
Productive line
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2017
I package games Wii , Xbox , ps4 , I worked on the converted belt and stacked boxes 6 high and they had you move positions every 2 hours and they had 2 breaks and 1 lunch break
Pros
Every 2 1/2 hours was break
Cons
You had to stand the entire shift