ACTIVSTARS

ACTIVSTARS Employee Reviews

The management team at Activstars are great; highly supportive, understanding, and friendly. They make sure you are compensated fairly for all training, classes, and even commuting, although due to the low cost business model of their classes standard instructor pay is the only slight downside. You can expect consistently around $100 a night, which is not bad, but considering the amount of experience needed to teach martial arts could be better.
Pros
Great culture. Flexible hours.
Cons
Nunber of classes you can teach is based upon availability and location
I was a coach and it made me feel like I was experiencing another part in soccer.it felt a lot better teaching kids how to play these sports in a working environment.
lots of unpaid hours at home need a facility of their own so your not lugging around mats kids were amazing if money was off it came out of your check
It is a very fun and intriguing opportunity to be able to grow and learn with everyone there. It is a great hands-on experience and lives true to its name of being active.
I'm a trade school student that needed a job part time while attending school and activstars delivered. I'm getting paid employment and staying active and in shape while working. Wage is good and so is work environment.
Pros
Good communication with bosses. Good flexibility, schedule and work environment.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I love working for ACTIVSTARS, they offer a lot of things and they're amazing. I've been a student for them for a long time and it's a great company. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
If you like soccer it is a fun job. You only work once a week but its literally 6am to 6pm. Sometimes they have events where you work saturday and sunday.
Working with the kids was super fun, the parents can be a bit of a hassle. Management was okay but not the best, it could be better and they can do a lot more for their employes,
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
No breaks; no restrooms on site
I have been in the ActivStars organization for roughly 7 years, learning and teaching karate. It has always been a great group of people to be around everyone is is friendly and always ready to work and support each other in anything.
You can be your own manager and effect the lives of children every day. Making a difference in your community! Great management and events. Structure is great overall to help you be a successful coach.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No Insurance
work would include printing out the sign in sheets and picking up flyers for promotion. working for activstars was really fun, running around with the kids and teaching them about a sport was great.
Cons
no breaks, or bathrooms on site
This is a fast pace, but fun place to work. Employees are serious when it is crunch time to meet deadlines, but also fun. Not your typical uptight office environment.
Pros
Stay busy so the day goes by fast.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
This company is so much fun! Getting to coach young kids and see them advance is one of the most rewarding feelings. It doesn't even feel like a job!
Pros
Seeing smiling faces every week
Cons
Only having once a week
Innovative ideas that enhance both employee and client experiences. The Karate portion of the company is very supportive of one another. Professional development is offered several times a year.
Pros
Administration promotes suggestions from staff to address areas for improvement.
I absolutely love what I do. The company really looks out for me as an instructor to make sure I have and know everything I need to be best I can be. They are very grateful for all of their employees and treat us like one big family. I could not ask for a better company to work for.
Its a blessing being able to work with little kids and teach them something that you are also passionate about. To see the look in there eyes each and everyday you have practice and how they just think the work of you is priceless!
Pros
Personal Happiness
Cons
Only once a week
With ActivStars we work one night a week and specialize in building up students. We teach concepts of self-defense, safety, and have fun in a positivity infused environment
Pros
We impact children from a young age
Cons
It is only one night a week
  1. Employee Reviews