Activstyle Employee Reviews

Run
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  MNFebruary 12, 2019
The job is pretty simple but the manger in the warehouse has a nasty habit of micro managing and has no idea how to talk to his team. Company is cheap... No raises and hr dont care about the employees.... You will never be nothing more then a number too the company.... They can not keep anyone and moral is a joke
Pros
Music
Cons
Cheap mangment team
Unprofessional
Client Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2018
I hate to bash anybody or any kinda company, but this was the worst job I ever worked at. Since their trainer left, I basically had to train myself because my lead was lazy and didn’t want to waste time training me. I worked a schedule where I would clock in two hours before my lead came in, so I was basically sitting there for those two hours doing absolutely nothing. And when she did finally come in, she took her time getting to me. The employees ate at their desks and would even eat while they would talk to customers over the phone. Never once saw an employee dressed in “business attire” and everyone did nothing but complain. On top of that, not many of them were friendly either. I was mortified. The pay was okay, but it definitely was not worth it. Don’t waste your time working here.
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
Everything else
Nope
Reimbursement Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2018
You shouldn't have to be part of an inner circle to have your work valued but this place has proven me wrong too many times. High turnover. Job content isn't even the hard part. It's how management fails to properly train people.
Contests and treats
Client Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2018
If that's what you like, work here. Or, if you like listening to elderly cry on the phone begging for the company to step up. Finally, if you have no conscience.

Other than that, lower than market base rate, no cost of living increases or raises, period. Welcome to the commission zone.

A bogus plan to make you earn them more money while they move the goal post to suit their needs. They control the types and number of calls you get and can make or break your income no matter how hard you try. Bottom line, little money

No expense spared for traveling management, yet they blame the private equity firm that owns them for strangling income to employees. No HR confidentiality, and they will not help you, they're there to get people who will call them out.

Many many upper management changes in a short time, that says a lot. Long and short, this place is demoralizing, but if they weren't so blatantly money hungry could be much more. If you value integrity, go elsewhere.
Pros
Rice Krispie treats by mail, the customers
Cons
All the rest
Great team collaboration
Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 27, 2018
I enjoy my job at ActivStyle. The team I work on makes the environment. We are collaborative and willing to help each other in times of need. As a company, they try to keep things engaging by having Culture Club events weekly - a fun event to spice the work day up....like free cookies.

Every day is different but that is part of the allure to me and part of the challenge to overcome. I have grown and learned so much in the short time that I have been here and look forward to the continued growth.
Pros
Collaboration, Culture Club
Was a good place to work
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2018
The culture changed during my tenure. Best practices were not followed but corporate ideals were followed despite the actual real life field experience
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2018
Super stressful environment. Low pto accrual rates, not enough employees in call center. Poor management and overall very poor communication from department to department.
satellite office
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brevard, NCMarch 20, 2018
very little support from corperate office. Terrible pay and benefits fro this area. Best thing about the job was hours and no weekend work. We were not part of the bigger picture. Not kept in the loop at all. left to fend for ourselves
Pros
hours no weekends
Cons
pay and benefits
poor pay and managment
Medical Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 9, 2018
management was full of favoritism and special treatment. nothing was done about employee issues besides just having to deal with the hostile work environment. the salary is severely under paid for the industry.
Dedicated, flexible, and approachable management/challenging
Document Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoy working at ActivStyle, but feel that they need to better compensate their team and have better interdepartmental communication. Things have improved in the last three years, but there is still quite a bit of improvement needed. I have learned about insurance and documentation requirements for medical equipment reimbursement, and how to be adaptable. I have also learned how to consult with my supervisor or manager prior to communicating a process clarification or change. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, the diversity of job tasks, the freedom to prioritize tasks as I see fit.
Pros
Approachable management, challenging, flexible
Cons
Lack of great compensation, poor interdepartmental communication
Office space poor/Stressful/Overall Company rude to work with
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Only 2 people per office which was very odd. All training was done remotely due to the Corporate office is out of another state. Management was always working against you rather than with you. Had to travel once a month to the Vermont office where nobody works to pick up mail, thought this to be very strange as well. If you had to transfer calls to other departments they were all rude and not helpful. It just seemed they were always looking for the next person to point the finger at.
Pros
Cons
the entire company
lots of changes in management when there
CUSTOMER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2018
pay was in constant flux when I was there do to constant turnover in management. like the people I worked with little support from management.okay place to work
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
management with poor knowledge of their job
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Activstyle, the company was a great company to work for. It provided flexibility and total independence. My manager was very supportive, unfortunately the company had to scale down on their Regional Sales people due to taking the sales department in a different direction. I will always promote this company although the time was brief it was very meaningful. Thanks ActivStyle.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Place too work, depending on the Department
Incontinence Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 3, 2017
Great Owner during the time I worked there. Management on the billing end was a little twisted other than that, if you stayed out the
of the traffic all was well. :)
Pros
Great Pay at the time and Free Lunch Daily
Cons
Gossipy
Detail oriented, fast paced
Doctor Letter department and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 20, 2017
As an agent you day was busy from the start of the day until the end. You needed to focus on providing customer service and handling any customer complaints throughout the day. My supervisor was very nice and easy to talk with about problems. However, the culture was not as enjoyable. ActivStyle had a policy that if an employee had an issue with another employee they met with a supervisor together. This caused a great amount of tension between employee's.

The hardest part of the job I would say is taking the required tests since ActivStyle is an accredited company. However, you also learned a great deal regarding health care policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer's. I loved helping customer's regarding their incontinent supplies and making sure they received them without any problems.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks and health benefits
Cons
Vacation and sick pay or personal time off rolled into one
Excellent
Customer Service and Home Health, SCS (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 2, 2017
This was a great company. The management was very supportive while I was attending graduate school working on my Master's degree. I would still work there today if it would be beneficial toward the degree I earned.
Pros
Supportive Managment team
Cons
HR was not always responsive.
Company under to many changes
Document Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Company is in durable medical equipment and it going through to many changes to give a real opinion. I have nothing more to say on this so I am now just adding this because you have a minimum requirement.
Great place to work, nice management
Medical Billing rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2017
Verified medical insurance, corrected any errors and sent electronically, answered phones and helped customers with their bills or questions. How different insurances are between states. Great management, very hands on and helpful.
Very diverse culture but we all worked together.
The hardest part was keeping up with all the new rules of the different insurances, they would change without letting you know until you sent in hcfa's and they deny because the rules changed.
Seeing my friends, and hopefully helped a customer have a better day by helping them to understand their insurance or explaining their bill if there was one.
Pros
always a chance for advancement
Cons
Health insurance was not the best, only ok
great employees
Direct Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 25, 2014
I liked pretty much everything about ActivStyle, I like the customer service aspect of helping other
Manager and associates were very pleasant, i enjoyed working there
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at this Ostomy Center involved taking calls from senior citizens who needed various toilet assistance products due to accidents, body malfunctions. Products such as diapers, bed covers an other incontinent medical supplies. This assisted them in having access to privacy in their personal issues.
My manager was a very nice and courteous likable person. Easy to talk with and had no hidden agendas.
The work place was quiet, pleasant, just a very pleasant place to work. I enjoyed both my manager and my associates.
The hardest part of the job is when the company started having trouble delivering the needed products. Then there were seniors calling some of them in tears and that broke my heart because there was nothing I could do to help. I was at that time taking care of my father who is now deceased,
I opened up the office and closed the office everyday, securing the keys to the register, access to the office. Everyone was just really pleasant and it was a fun place to work, except when the ball got dropped and the seniors started to suffer.
Pros
close to home
Cons
a snag in their delivery process