Acts Retirement-Life Communities
68Average

Acts Retirement-Life Communities Employee Reviews

Need more pay and more workers
I wish they offered more pay. Residents are very sweet. My manager is very understanding & makes sure you have what you need for your job to get done. Benifits are good.
Productive and Fun Place to work!
Work was not that hard at all. Easy learning. Fun and great coworkers. Great for teenagers in school! Flexability! Only bad you can say is must not be late! Be very persistent with your tables.
A job where you are required to care for your job as you are your own home. Growing close to residents and their families as if they are your own. Very pleasurable learning experience.
Stepping Stone
For those of you who are about to embark on working for this company, good luck. This company is full of clicks and will only support management. They do not follow OSHA safety regulations and if you file a complaint, they will fire you. Be prepared to keep your head down and your mouth shut. You will not be paid a fair wage and the job description states that you must do what ever your supervisor says. As a worker for 2+ years, I did more than what I was hired for and responsibilities were added on to my workload daily. The turn over rate is high and the current Executive Director and Administrator will cover each others backs and are quick to discipline any subordinate that gives any pushback or questions their ways. Their mission statement is "loving kindness" yet, I was mentally and verbally abused on a regular basis and when I asked for help from my ED and even from corporate Acts, I was ignored. If you must take this job, make it a stepping stone until you can find something better. This is not a company who will support your growth or your wellbeing. Give it some time and you will see the corruption and lies that take place within the management of Acts Retirement Life Communities. 98% of the residents are wonderful, kind and loving. However, if you come in contact with an abusive resident, you must not do anything. You can try to complain to management, but management including human resources and even the regional vice president will not take any measures to correct the abusive behavior of the resident and will ultimately make your work environment so poor that you - more...
Great Career Opportunities
This job has employment opportunities if you want to further your career. They offer Tuition Reimbursement which is great. They also offer a very handsome Employee Benefits Package which is awesome.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Low wages
Every employee is not treated equally. It's who you know. What some employees get by with other employees are fired for, the wages are low compared to this being a 5 star facility and only private pay live at this facility.
Excellent
Great place to work: excellent customer service. I have been there for more than 7 years and it has become family. The Residents appreciate the work we do and let us know this in more ways than one. The environment is wonderful and beautiful.
Productive and busy
I enjoyed the residents that I worked with but you were very busy the entire shift. The worst part is when one of the residents pass because they become part of your family.
It’s not an organized place of employment
This place at country Acts is very unorganized and doesn’t do things that state requirements unless the state goes inside of the facilities. I have been unhappy for quite some time now and I would even take my concerns to the manager n nothing got done but back lash towards me.
Caring place
Cared for the people and employees worked with youth schedule offered extras benefits encourage co workers to work together keeping the residents first
Prio
I put a good rating so they would post it!
This place is absolutely horrible. The management is so disorganized and rude it’s disgusting how employees are treated. You will get hired for one thing and be doing twenty different jobs for pay that is awful. Highly don’t recommend
Worst management ever
I worked there 3yrs and loved the job and the residents. Management was the most inconsiderate human beings ever.I barely missed worked even came in sick and leg hurting with complications.My 4 year old son was in the hospital with breathing problems and I sent all proper paperwork and even pictures to my manager and I got written up for missing work and was told that policy even if he's on his death bed ,that was the straw that broke my back. There was no compassion or care for my situation at all .
Pros
Benefits and residents
Cons
Long hours low pay and bad management
Christian-Based Organization
I am honored and blessed to work for a Christian-based organization. This is truly important to me and my family. Acts truly is a company who stands behind their mission of loving-kindness. While the volume of work is high, I enjoy coming to work everyday!
Residents are mostly friendly
Enjoyed working there, wasn’t much chance of advancement. Residents were best part of the job. Decent benefits, pay could have been better. Certain employees get away with doing very little work.
It was very questionable management.
I had been working for a couple months there, knew everyone at work, had decent hours, the only bad thing was the management was degrading towards the employees. I eventually got the stomach flu on a day I was supposed to be working. I tried calling in sick but they would not allow me to. I had to either come in with a stomach virus, feeding the elderly, or not come in again. I knew I had to quit, because I’m not going to work for someone who doesn’t care for the well being of whom we are serving, especially when it’s the elderly.
Great residents great co workers
Wonderful experience after 24 1/2 years working for the residents. Helping and assisting the residents and their families was the best part of my job, along with solving problems to make the residents day better.
Pros
The residents and co workers
Cons
Poor management
Ok place
PPV is an alright place to work; it is like most places in Rock Hill; how well you do /if you get hired and what you get paid is based a lot on who you know and not what you bring to the table. Management is extremely buddy-buddy with staff. Giving OT to friends Instead of PRN staff (than complaining about budget) BUT if you can get past that the residents make working there so worth it; very loving & nice!!
Overall if you love working with the elderly, you would love the residents.
Do not expect higher management to have your back. If you're not apart of the good old boys/girls Club, dont expect positive support. Work 4 the ppl.☺
Pros
Residents and fellow employees make it great to work there.
Cons
Management is spineless, selfish, and onesided.
A great place to work
A fun place to work with flexible hours for school. Loving employees and residents can both be found here. The managers are always looking out for your best interest.
Pretty good for a high school job
Its a good place to work if currently in high school. You're more than likely going to work holidays. A typical day is about 4 to 8 hours. The cooks and chefs there are nice and they joke around quite a bit, they may take a jab at you but they dont mean any harm.
I enjoyed my time there
I no longer work at ACTS Retirement, but when I did, I enjoyed it. It was a new environment and all the employees were very helpful when I started. It was also 5 minutes from my house, so that was a plus. I gained much knowledge from working in the community and from the staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acts Retirement-Life Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight