Acuity Brands Lighting Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad management, poor communication, and no advancement.
Traffic Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILAugust 16, 2018
After Acuity Brands made changes with Management the company developed a low moral with employees. Office employees were only allowed 30 minutes for brake on a 12 hour or more shift. Management also plays favorites for some employees.
Too much stress
Focus Factory Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 12, 2018
Too much pressure from management to make numbers without needed parts/support. They don’t accept any of excuse. The employees work hard for little to no incentive and are made to feel to blame for things out of their control. Management feels micromanaging and being demanding is the key to getting things done. They cut the mount of associates and then expected a 50% increase in production. They dont have the tools needed to cut down wasted time and make poor decisions like moving the departments in the busiest season so that there was too much time wasted looking for lost parts around the whole facility.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, too much stress, too much pressure, unobtainable production numbers
Terrible place to work
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 20, 2018
Make up there own rules ever it sees fit. Was not like this when I hired in. It was a fun place with equality. I have seen discrimination at its worst
Pleasure to have been a part of this experience
FSO/forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 9, 2018
A wonderful place to be employeed ,very humble people.Great environment.love working for the company.Great benefits,great people.if I was not laid off ,will still be a part of a great organization. Love working in assembly,transitioning to fabrication department,working with blueprints and side by side to engineers.
Pros
Holiday dinner
Cons
Lack of communication
Quick pace with poor management
powder coating (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 24, 2018
Management doesn’t listen to workers. High expectations of workers even when not staffed properly. Extreme heat. Extremely fast pace work is expected and you are expected to do the work of more than one person.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Management, heat, extremely fast paced
ambiente laboral dedicado 100% al kanban
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónJune 20, 2018
Era un área lleno de Ingenieros en el que un Licenciado tenía menos responsabilidad laboral, un área de trabajo estable pero muy demandante.
Fast paced with potential for rewarding work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 13, 2018
They mostly follow a 10hr/day, 4 day work week so days can get pretty long. Projects can be interesting and challenging depending on what group you are in and rewarding opportunities can be found.
Makes good money, lots of overtime
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 15, 2018
A typical day at works is fairly fast pace. I have learned quite a bit about the job that I was doing. Depending on what department you work in the management isn't that great. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory overtime.
Pros
Good money
Cons
overtime
typical day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 10, 2018
Normally, a day at Acuity Brand Lighting was never the same from day to day. One day we could have all the raw material to run all day. Then, the next day we would only have enough raw material to run like half the day.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
no sick days
A day in Acuity Brands
Product and Quality Engineer Sr. (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónMay 4, 2018
Working in Acuity Brands means hard work. Since the morning until the end of the day is busy time at office. For some people this kind of environment is not healthy for their personal life, but in my opinion I'm busy all day and keeps me focused all the time in things I like to do.

I'm honest saying that sometimes have troubles in home due to spend lot of time in work so have a balance between work and family is complicated.

The hardest thing in the job are the changes. Since is a very dynamic environment changes occur all the time. And in most of the cases without enough time, therefore the stress to accomplish projects in time sometimes is overwhelming.

Acuity Brands is an excellent company in where I have learned how to manage my time, stress, and provides me an environment in where I'm pushed to be better as a professional.
Pros
Cons
Lot of pressure in work
Lots of hours and no home life
SMT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 26, 2018
Lots of stress and no time off. People constantly breathing down you neck and no leisure time away from work. you get 2 weeks of vacation after 2 years, and then you dont get another week until year 10 and then you top out at 4 weeks at year 20.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Healthcare
Poorly managed, dirty, low moral and the list just goes on!
Shipping & Receiving Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 23, 2018
I could write a book about this company. When Acuity bought out Lithonia things went down hill. The Crawfordsville, IN. plant is a union shop, but the union is a shadow of what it once was. In all of my years I have never seen a more poorly managed company. I wrote many letters to the CEO, but nothing ever changed. The business model of Acuity is to buy out all the little guys to be the top dog. A few years back they completely did away with QC. Their returns on any given day are in the thousands of dollars, but they just don't care. The company talks about Lean Manufacturing and 5S, but it's just that. The place is dirty and so poorly run I don't see how they turn a profit. The turn-over-rate and employee moral is so bad they leave the "Hiring" sign in the front yard all the time.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poorly managed, dirty, low moral, no work / life balance, etc.
Competitive but fun work environment
Cost Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 11, 2018
You really need to get your work done at Acuity. The bosses are constantly pushing for better results however they understand the work/life balance of the industry. I enjoyed my time at Acuity and learned a great amount of information being an intern in the finance department.
Good training on Lead Transformation
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 20, 2018
Work long hours. Job is never at a cut off period. No work life balance. Very stressful environment. Senior Management requires to much from employees. Layoffs every quarter. No job security
Pros
Good training on Lead Transformation
Cons
No work life balance. Very stressful environment
Unorganized
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2018
I stayed because I saw opportunity for improvement.
The unorginazation killed it for me.
The managers are very unprofessional. I would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Full time, benefits
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional managers
Job Summary
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 6, 2018
Every employee was treated with fairness and there is a lot of room for advancement. Management treated everyone equally. But there aren't many corporations so that makes it harder.
Pros
Hours and free lunches
Cons
Not very many buisness's
Good comany
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMarch 2, 2018
There were many opportunities for career advancement at this company. They have been doing a lot expansion with in their operations, including many process projects.
Not good...
Focus Factory Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INFebruary 10, 2018
Transitioned straight from the military, bad place for the 1st job in the real world. Not taken seriously as an FFCL, promotion opportunities are scarce.
The Warnings
Doesn't Matter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Ignore the warnings at your own peril.

There is no HR, no IT, no regard for work life balance, no processes ensuring success, no help from corporate, no respect for you as a person.

All you get...is a warning.
Not for me
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJanuary 29, 2018
Forced overtime for salaried employees. Dirty environment. Unwilling to accept change or improvement. The pay is decent, but the workday is long and unproductive. If you choose to work there, all I can say is GOOD LUCK.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Everything else