Acuity Brands Lighting Employee Reviews

Dont work in the lab!
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 16, 2018
Lab technicians get treated like the red headed step child. No growth opportunities, once you get in the lab, you are stuck forever until you quit or get fired. The big wigs get bonuses and promotions regularly, every one else stays stagnant
Poor culture and management
Shift Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 15, 2018
Management plays a lot of favorites. Work life balance is poor. If you want to work 60 hour weeks and only one day off, then this is for you. Don’t assume everyone is treated equal by management.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
A lot of mandatory overtime
Fast paced but not back breaking
Loader/ painter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2018
Was busy your whole shift but with adequate breaks and lunches. Company would provide lunches for everyone temp or full time and would ket you knoe in advance if there was overtime coming up or not.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Couple days advance notice about free lunches or overtime
enjoyable job in Vermillon Ohio. Created a family.
Group Leader, Quality Control, Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INSeptember 18, 2018
Able to build product and have ownership of it. Learned about blueprints and all new products becoming available for our customers to be able to order.
Pros
meeting and working with great people
Cons
needed better insurance benifits
Stressful work environment
Internship and Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 6, 2018
My personal role as a contract employee was okay since I did not interact with upper management on a daily basis. My managers were excellent and always challenged by in a healthy way. They praised excellent work and grew to expect that from me regularly. The team I worked for at Acuity was excellent, but I would not want to go back and work there again in fear of how the company has changed since I left.
mixed bag of good and bad things about the company
US Trade Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 5, 2018
High turnover rate, people leave and are let go all the time. Your experience there greatly depends on which department you work for and who your boss is.
Good pay, but at what cost?
Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 27, 2018
High stress culture of intimidation from the CEO down. Good pay, but at what cost? Terrible benefits and unrealistic expectations. I would never go back.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible benefits and unrealistic expectations.
Started out great, new management , went down fast
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INAugust 19, 2018
Don't care for how management is. Everyone is leaving due to unfriendly environment. High turnover rate. All the good workers are leaving. They look for things to write you up.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too strict on days needed off
Bad management, poor communication, and no advancement.
Traffic Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILAugust 16, 2018
After Acuity Brands made changes with Management the company developed a low moral with employees. Office employees were only allowed 30 minutes for brake on a 12 hour or more shift. Management also plays favorites for some employees.
Too much stress
Focus Factory Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNAugust 12, 2018
Too much pressure from management to make numbers without needed parts/support. They don’t accept any of excuse. The employees work hard for little to no incentive and are made to feel to blame for things out of their control. Management feels micromanaging and being demanding is the key to getting things done. They cut the mount of associates and then expected a 50% increase in production. They dont have the tools needed to cut down wasted time and make poor decisions like moving the departments in the busiest season so that there was too much time wasted looking for lost parts around the whole facility.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, too much stress, too much pressure, unobtainable production numbers
Terrible place to work
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 20, 2018
Make up there own rules ever it sees fit. Was not like this when I hired in. It was a fun place with equality. I have seen discrimination at its worst
Pleasure to have been a part of this experience
FSO/forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 9, 2018
A wonderful place to be employeed ,very humble people.Great environment.love working for the company.Great benefits,great people.if I was not laid off ,will still be a part of a great organization. Love working in assembly,transitioning to fabrication department,working with blueprints and side by side to engineers.
Pros
Holiday dinner
Cons
Lack of communication
Quick pace with poor management
powder coating (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJune 24, 2018
Management doesn’t listen to workers. High expectations of workers even when not staffed properly. Extreme heat. Extremely fast pace work is expected and you are expected to do the work of more than one person.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Management, heat, extremely fast paced
ambiente laboral dedicado 100% al kanban
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónJune 20, 2018
Era un área lleno de Ingenieros en el que un Licenciado tenía menos responsabilidad laboral, un área de trabajo estable pero muy demandante.
Fun Workplace, Little Advancement from within
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 13, 2018
Pretty fun place to work with an amazing work-life balance. Had a hard time moving into a more challenging role. Cool people to work with and some awesome managers.
Fast paced with potential for rewarding work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 13, 2018
They mostly follow a 10hr/day, 4 day work week so days can get pretty long. Projects can be interesting and challenging depending on what group you are in and rewarding opportunities can be found.
Fun Place to Work
Director of Test Engineering (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 30, 2018
It's a great place! I got to travel a lot during my time there. I had the opportunity to resolve challenging problems. People there are terrific! The company has a terrific Lean & Kaizen environment.
Makes good money, lots of overtime
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 15, 2018
A typical day at works is fairly fast pace. I have learned quite a bit about the job that I was doing. Depending on what department you work in the management isn't that great. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory overtime.
Pros
Good money
Cons
overtime
typical day
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 10, 2018
Normally, a day at Acuity Brand Lighting was never the same from day to day. One day we could have all the raw material to run all day. Then, the next day we would only have enough raw material to run like half the day.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
no sick days
A day in Acuity Brands
Product and Quality Engineer Sr. (Current Employee) –  Nuevo LeónMay 4, 2018
Working in Acuity Brands means hard work. Since the morning until the end of the day is busy time at office. For some people this kind of environment is not healthy for their personal life, but in my opinion I'm busy all day and keeps me focused all the time in things I like to do.

I'm honest saying that sometimes have troubles in home due to spend lot of time in work so have a balance between work and family is complicated.

The hardest thing in the job are the changes. Since is a very dynamic environment changes occur all the time. And in most of the cases without enough time, therefore the stress to accomplish projects in time sometimes is overwhelming.

Acuity Brands is an excellent company in where I have learned how to manage my time, stress, and provides me an environment in where I'm pushed to be better as a professional.
Pros
Cons
Lot of pressure in work