Acuity International
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Acuity International Employee Reviews

United States459 reviews

chschsisheltertemporarycontractkidfavoritismcomprehensive

There are lots of changes during the transition of bringing five legacy companies into one Caliburn

The place isn't that bad, but depending where you live the commute will be a challenge. There could be a work life challenge depending on your work assignments.

Mission

Working on NATO base as sole contracted medic/program manager rewarding and meaningful. Even with language barriers still was engaged and supported by commands. Unfortunately the CONUS company management wasn't supportive, communicated poorly, and didn't engage on local problems, and was more concerned with profit than services to personnel.

Pros

Positive Multi-National Environment

Cons

No CONUS Company support

Acuity International insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Place to Work

Loved working here for the short time I did. Worked with a great team. Supervisor was very laid back and easy to work with. Never felt the need to micromanage our team.

Company trying to determine their identity

This is a company created through mergers controlled by an equity firm. The former companies are not compatible, so there is not synergy within the overall company. There have been 3 CEO's on past 4 years, and each had a new vision for the company. Many other corporate leaders have cycled through (CFO, CTO, COO, and various support services leadership). There have been 3 rounds of RIF over past 3 years (do more with less), so there is high uncertainty and low morale. Cost cutting continues to lower benefits. Lack of trust in certain BU leadership, where there is micromanagement and lack of support.

Pros

Opportunity to do good work

Cons

Turnover, Lack of overall vision, Low morale

N/a

Interesting place to work, name/branding has changed three times in last three years. It is a contract job, that goes with any profession like this things often change.

The team work and the contract only 3 months, It was great to work with them.

Was one of the best jobs that I have had in my life.I was doing what I love and good pay. I was in a very good location and good hotel, and the service was excellent.

Pros

Everything was pay.

Cons

Finish to fast

Excellent working environmental

Great location, nice coworkers, professional people and excellent work environmental.Excellent salary and balance scheduling in each shift day by day. The managers very polite and the training classes organized.The software usually friendly, specialized and always update.

Pros

Excellent payment

Cons

Hard schedule

Good pay but no stability

Job tells you to sign a contract that you must commit to daily or be terminated but they have the power to terminate the contract at any given time. Unreliable

The good is there pay.

They listen to your concerns, they allow you to vent, and they always encourage you to be successful.They have manager's that will correct things when things go wrong.They make sure you are in a safe environment.They make sure you have a way to get to work.

Worth the experience

It was a new experience working here and a eye opener. The job was good and all, but there were days where I guess favoritism was used. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the work.

Great recruiter!!

I love my position with Acuity!!My recruiter is THE BEST!!She's fast, friendly and knows her job. I appreciate her so much! Healthcare can be terrible, but she makes it great!!

Great travel contract

They made it easy and all arrangements were taken care of. Management is helpful and communicates often. Transportation was with Uber and lyft making the commutes manageable. I would recommend.

Productive and sense of worth

I have worked three contracts with Acuity. I have never been disappointed. No micromanaging. Definite team work. Management cared. There was a lot of diversity.Always happy to work with Acuity.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Was much better prior to executive change.

I enjoyed working here before the new executive leadership team caused a major shift in a negative way. Once all the previous executives were pushed out everything became extremely unprofessional. Certain teams that were essential to projects were being excluded from meetings and information was held on to. I’ve never worked in such an unprofessional environment before where unethical behavior was ignored.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No reviews or merit increases, unprofessional

Good salaries Good work environment

Good place to work, very professional and they honored what they offered. I will be happy and proud to work with them in a future projects. It's a company that value the employees. I have been working with them in projects since 2018. In long beach California in 2021 was the greatest experience for me and also for other coworkers that we talked about. By the end of the long beach project the people star feeling like a family.

Productive, stressful job.

Excellent company to work for, great benefits and compensation. They care about employees. Best company to work for, they provided training and all you need for do a good job.

This company hired hundreds of people to do Covid-19 testing to fire hundreds of people 3 to 4 weeks later.

Management is non-existing. Poor communication. They don't know how to run a company. Hire a bunch of people to fire them. They feel good about themselves.

Pros

None.

Gov. contracting company with wide variety of domestic and international opportunities.

I was fortunate to work on several COVID contracts with Acuity and I am grateful for the experience. Fantastic coworkers from all over the U.S. Our mission was clear.

Pros

great pay, great coworkers

Cons

Austere environments

Terrible Communication

They flew me to NYC but once I landed. No one communicated with me as to where I go for orientation. They basically left me stranded in a huge city. Don’t work for this company. They suck! There are way better options out there. Only come here if you want to get stranded!!!

Pros

Cons

Terrible Communication

Very fast paced/Constant changes...not enough support from management

Did not enjoy my time there. Too chaotic, lots of changes and staff leaving. Only upside was it was 100% remote.Company is big but only a select few held knowledge to get things done so you had to figure out who that was and make friends with them....otherwise doing your job would be much harder since they only tend to respond to and help those they like.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Rude Execs/Employees, Too fast paced/stressful, Knowledge doesn't flow easily, Little to support from management

Travel

Acuity is a great place to work if you enjoy traveling and helping others. Working here gives the opportunity to travel to different places and learn new skills.

Pros

Great pay and flexibility

Cons

Contracts may or may not last long. Basically depends on need

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acuity International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Acuity International with

Acuity International reviews by popular job title

• Acuity International