Aculabs, Inc.
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100
Aculabs, Inc. Employee Review

Aculabs, Inc. Medical Coder and Travel Clerk Review - Aculabs does not care about their employees

August 31, 2018
My department overall wasn't bad. I enjoyed the travel billing work mostly because it was easy and peaceful, even though it was monotonous. When you do coding, it isn't really actual coding. It is calling nurses at nursing homes to get the diagnosis/codes that they neglected to include when putting in for bloodwork. They are extremely rude and you get frustrated very quickly. I got along well with most of my co-workers and my supervisor. The company overall does not treat their employees well though and does not care about their well-being. The company rules are antiquated and laughable. Policies change often and it gets frustrating to keep up. The time off policy is ridiculous and if you do not have enough time to cover when you are out or sick, you may drop from full time status to part time status, which could affect your health benefits. When you are first employed you are considered part time status even though you work full time hours. You must complete 4 straight months with no time off to reach full time status. If you are out during that time at all, your four months starts again from the beginning. HR/Payroll department are pretty useless when you go to them with issues. They pretend to care and then just gossip behind your back. It is very unprofessional. Health insurance is very expensive and your salary is very low. It is a good place to start at tor a first job just to get experience for your resume and then move on from there. Upper management has "favorites" and shows it often.
Pros
Great co-workers and supervisor, easy work for travel billing
Cons
Bad time off policy, lots of frequent policy changes, bad upper management, bad expensive health insurance, bad policies overall
May 5, 2021
Not Listed (Current Employee) - East Brunswick, NJ
I've enjoyed working for Aculabs. The company provides a lot of perks, like employee of the month, give aways during holiday times, and they even celebrate lab week with a lot of prizes for the employees. Salary is good and benefits package is comprehensive
Pros
generous
Cons
non
March 1, 2021
Data Clerk Entry (Current Employee) - East Brunswick, NJ
The best place I’ve worked ever. I feel supported and that those who oversee me want me to succeed. I am glad that I work here and have made several friends.
Pros
My amazing supervisor
Cons
Nada!
January 13, 2021
Plebotomist (Former Employee) - East Brunswick, NJ
It’s an excellent place to learn. But they have to watch the Supervisor’s manners because they do with the employees whatever they want and that not good.
Pros
Excellent place to learn to be a very good phlebotomist.
Cons
Low pay and not benefits.
  1. Aculabs does not care about their employees