Acumen LLC Employee Reviews

Acumen, LLC is a company I founded to help men
Owner (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 15, 2018
It’s a strange question because this is a private psychotherapy practice. It explains much of my answers. In essence, I continued to determine that working with men ages 18-45 gain relief from mental and behavioral health problems while finding meaning and purpose in all areas of their lives. I am now in my 14 year of serving either adult or adolescent men, with these types of issues.
Pros
Choose my clients, make my schedule, set my fees
Cons
Difficulties gaining access to insurance panels, boom and bust with productivity depending upon the season, typically working alone (without a team)
Hard working experience caregiver focused on in the home support dedicated to delivering the highest quality service to the patient
Care Provider/DSW (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2018
A perfect place outstanding service find local support seek financial and advice take care of yourself hard workers love everything about the work place
No company culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 22, 2018
Interesting work, but very boring people and stressful environment. People sit in their cubicles all day with no human interaction. There isn't a clear career progression trajectory either
Best job ever!
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 2, 2018
Acumen is the best place I've ever worked. I am treated with respect, am given the ability to grow and I feel appreciated on a daily basis. I would recommend this company to anyone!
Great starter job, but people leave
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAApril 25, 2018
I've been at Acumen almost 3 years and there are few people that I know that have been here longer than me. It's a good job to get your feet wet in the industry, but the problem is we program in SAS here, and almost no one else uses SAS so it's difficult when you want to look for another job. Compensation is fine for a first job out of college, but promotions/raises are very inconsistent to the additional responsibilities and workload.

Also, all of the clients are lawyers and it is very common that they will not take "this will take 3 days" as an answer, and then they complain to management which then complains to your manager who then tells you to finish it by the end of the day. Working nights and weekends is not uncommon, but there are also several days where you just have nothing to do.
Really good place and people to work for.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAFebruary 7, 2018
Care for the client. Provides a safe workplace. Provide total care for the client. Prepare meals, doing laundry, and being able to teach your client how to live on a daily basis. All while learning about the client and their disability.
Pros
Great hours and meet new people
Cons
No benefits
Good Starting Position
Administrative Side (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CANovember 3, 2017
Good starting position for new grads and there are opportunities for advancement. Go in with an open-mind and learn as much as possible to build up your skill set. Management is not very good, but the work is rewarding.
Great people
Data and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 20, 2017
Great people! Great team atmosphere! Great ideas in the making. Not much room for growth. Managers could be improved... communication between the California office and the DC office needs to change dramatically. DC office is like 'red headed step child' and is treated as such when it comes to events and planning. Child like attitudes with some employees.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance changed recently, 401k, business trips to California
Cons
Managerial styles, ever changing staff, hourly vs. salary.
Great company, great mission
Teacher/ home health nurse (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJanuary 25, 2017
Great pay with great mission to help others.
Very helpful with questions you may have.
Always striving to get you more work
Pros
Pay is great. Set your own hours, schedule etc.
Cons
productive, fun workplace with outdoor track and basketball court
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 10, 2016
I transport individuals with developmental disabilities to a day center where they practice daily living skills such as, preparing simple dishes in a kitchen, following a schedule of daily activities of their interest, community outings, such as; walmart, resturants and museums, and leisure activites such as yoga, dance, movies and special olympics.
Great company
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed the children I helped babysit. This a great company that helps those with disabilities afford childcare.
Recommended for <1 year stay
Senior Data & Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
Smart & dynamic people, far less than pleasant managements.
Pretty good projects; good place to start with
Quantitative Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 12, 2012
Pros:
Nice people willing to provide help;
flexible time; good database & experiences

Cons:
Bad life balance; inefficient management;
serious favoritism; low salaries