Acupuncture Employee Reviews

Cool working environment
Temporary Employment (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJune 30, 2019
stressful and tense working environment. Team work is essential working in a tight knit office that serves a large amount of patience. Paying attention to detail is key.
Lost Pioneers in Aupuncture
Zen Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 13, 2019
This company is at the forefront of change in the field of acupuncture. Unfortunately, the difference they are bringing to the world of acupuncture is poor service and low paying jobs. People don't want fast food service with acupuncture needles. They want acupuncturists who care about their profession and how the business is represented. Representation in pajamas disguised as scrubs is hardly professionalism; rather it is two steps away from the Asian massage parlors. Twenty minutes is not enough time to do an acupuncture treatment. It may be enough time to have a good feeling though. Now it is clear why the pioneers wanted to name it "Qi Spot."
Pros
Cons
Low paying Front Desk job
Innovative company with a vision of excellence
Licensed Acupuncturist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Modern Acupuncture does it right in regards to the environment for patients to be treated, providing a very high class, clean and affordable experience. Modern Acupuncture also provides training to all their acupuncturists and staff. As an experienced acupuncturist and OMD , I have only gotten better at the delivery and understanding of this medicine. My recommendation to any acupuncturist who is seeking to be the best in the field is to seek out a Modern Acupuncture location for employment. I don't understand why there negative ratings on this site except to say that whenever there is a high standard there will always be those who will fall below it. That's not the fault of the standard but of the individuals who could not apply themselves to meet it.
Pros
Volume of people to treat, education in latest research, professional people
Unorganized
Licensed Acupuncturist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2019
The franchise opening kept getting postponed and then it continued to have issues. Went through all the training and got excited to work at MA and then two days before the official opening of the new franchise, got told that they don’t have enough money to pay everyone and had to let me go. This was after asking me if I can work more hours and saying they would rather be over staffed then understaffed. Got my hopes up and put in long hours of hard work, just to be layed off.
Training doesn't work as well as advertised
Acupuncturist (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 23, 2018
I worked at a Modern Acupuncture and was amazed at even though we did everything the trainers taught us, the numbers of the Clinic didn't grow. It seems like their protocol doesn't really work, and they admitted as such when they switched to a different protocol which they didn't really teach us. There is pressure to convert new patients into long-term clients.

The pay could have been alot better considering the cost of acupuncture school.

On the positive side it's a real pretty place to work and the patients are really nice. I always enjoyed watching the beautiful scenes on the Tv's. It's like student clinic where you have alot of time to talk with your acu friends while studying up on your favorite techniques beyond the MA style.
Pros
Working with other acupuncturist, Lots of time to talk
Cons
Training
The Massage Envy of Chinese Medicine
Licensed Acupuncturist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 4, 2018
Modern Acupuncture is not a good organization for patients or clinicians. It's all gimmick, and the corporate masters clearly do not understand what acupuncture is. They are creating their own culture while demanding conformity amongst their highly educated clinicians.
Wish I could give 0 stars
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 7, 2018
The management is absolutely horrible. I wondered Why they have a high turnover rate and once I started There I understood. Corporate is horrible as well. They sit on cameras and watch you all day. Stay away stay away stay away
Wrong concept of management with deceptive (All Dallas locations)
Acupuncturist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2018
Natural Health care concept run by owner and management who doesn’t know much and don’t believe in it. Poor management of employees where over worked employees get sick and tired causing to miss some days thus sick days have to be made up on off-days.
Pros
Plenty of spare times to snooze in the dark room
Cons
Long hours with no work
Best balance life and work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 17, 2018
Overall, it's a 5 stars company for working, great working environment, excellent CEO, and high satisfy of salaries. The manager allows me independent work according to my schedule. It's goal oriented job and learn more things within my daily work.
help the doctor translade
Chiropractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
i would help the doctor translate from English to Spanish. i had to make sure the patient understood what was going to be done. i had to help them fill out the form correctly and and t hem if they had any questions for the doctor.
Pros
good environment
Cons
2 days a week
Relaxed place to work
Medical Biller/Coder/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Typical day at work was billing, posting payments, following up aging reports and overseeing the office including office duties. I learned so much in this office as far as billing and insurance processing. Great workplace culture.
Productive job and very easy to learn
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 11, 2013
Answer the phone and make new appointments, talk to the customers who come in, sanitize the rooms for new appointment, and deal with cash and checks from customers. I learned communication skills and how to book appointments correctly. My manager was very nice and helpful. The co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Hardest part of the job would be when people call and cancel appointments and then call back and want that appointment back, but you already scheduled someone else. The most enjoyable part would be having the customers happy and meeting their needs.
Rewarding, Challenging, Productive, Acomplished
Sole Owner, Operator & Physician (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 8, 2013
My career has been extremely fulfilling and I have helped thousands of people all over the world. I look forward to a new career equally as satisfying
Pros
Self-employment
Cons
Self-employment