Acuren Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good
Drafting field drafting (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 8, 2018
great company. Would work here again if needed to. Good people organized and do things right. Company and management care and listen. Always try to keep your employees working.
Productive and amazing staff
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
no opportunities for indirect employees to move up. I didn't have the chance to make more money. The staff is amazing! The company is managed from a management comp. and the expectations are unrealistic
Pros
staff
Cons
money and oppertunity
Great place to cut your teeth.
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 23, 2018
Honestly they deserve the reputation that have gotten. Management is about their bonus and not looking after their hands. The worst NDT company I have worked for by far.
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Cheap. From the wages to the gear you work with
Workplace Culture
South Central Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 16, 2018
Most of my work was produced for other regions. Like Alaska and Salt Lake City. Pipeline Integrity and Above Ground Storage tank forensics was the major portion of the work I performed. Structural Engineering and Environmental engineering were minor functions with my employment with Acuren Inspections.
Pros
Ended up working out of my home
Cons
Management Longview Office lacked collaboration with other Regions
Horrible place to work
Lvl 2 tech (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 29, 2018
They expect you to dedicate your life to work. They dont care about your personal lives and they will tell you too. No set hours, your schedule changes daily, and you can't plan anything. Expect you to work 7 days a week on call but not getting paid to be on call. Management is horrible to work under. Pay is not worth the stress or zero time for personal live.
Pros
Cons
Whole job
Fast paced environment
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers. Management needs managed better and they in turn need to manage better. Relaxed but fast paced. I'm currently the longest standing office employee in our office staff...6 years.
It was unfriendly and there was lack of work
Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2018
Acuren installed a new phone system just before I was hired as a receptionist. The phone rarely rang. Visitors knew who they were meeting and bypassed the receptionist. Most days I just sat there.
Horrible place to work. Terrible culture and management.
Ammonia Program Reports Specialist & IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 25, 2018
Horrible place to work. Was good at first, five years ago, but got very, very bad. Was lied to about promised wage increases and Office Manager wouldn't order supplies that the customers had already paid for. And this was allowed to continue.
not bad job
Technician (Former Employee) –  chacagoApril 20, 2018
8 hour days 5 days a week doing NDT work opportunity for over time.
company does not like to spend money for anything. fellow employees buy their own personal protective equipment or they would not have it.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 25, 2018
Long hours at times and no set schedule unless your are on a crew in a refinery. Management was really good to work with. overall not a bad place to work
Pros
Cons
no schedule
poor invierment
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIMarch 11, 2018
For me this not the type of work to help me grow. The training to do proper job was none existing, the only help I could get when I need it was from the people with in the room I worked in and that was when they had time between there baize schedule.
Pros
the poeple i worked with directily
Cons
Great company, long hours and time away from family
Pipeline Integrity Inspector (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 9, 2018
I typically travel for work. I’m gone for several months at a time. I work long hours. Pay is very good. Medical benefits are way too expensive and impractical.
A learning experience
Condition Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, SKJanuary 22, 2018
Acuren is an inspection company that supplies skills and expertise wherever required.
The companies you are assigned to may be excellent to work within or terrible, based on the pre-existing culture.
As long as you display the skill and ability to problem solve, you will earn respect as well as learn to interact with different people with varying work ethics
never work regularly, Outages and shutdowns, didn't care if you were off inbetween
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 21, 2018
If worked every week would be ok. They have their chosen few. Didnt have much concern about letting workers work full time. to many self centered in upper management
Quiet place to work with good co-workers
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 19, 2018
Acuren was a good place for me to work. I was never slammed with work and everyone was very willing to help me when I needed it. It was good experience for me as my first job in accounting.
management is bad
Full Time NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 11, 2018
work was dirty and given based on supervisors opinion of you not skill or certifications. co workers were good. management was terrible not an exaggeration... had to call HR on him 3 times for doing stuff against policy
Acuren
CUI Coordinator at Husky Energy (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 19, 2017
Great company to work for. They really pay attention to your needs as well as wants. They treat every employee the same. They go out of their way to make sure you are complacent in your role with Acureb
NDT/NDE Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
They are very productive inteams of inspection. They treat all staff equally,good benfit and very cordial,also have a competent technician,a good managent and they are realiable inspection company.
Used to be a great company but has failed its employees time and time again.
Site Rope Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXOctober 27, 2017
If your looking to advance your career in NDT or management, this is definitely not the company that will help you reach your goals. The upper management puts emotional and unstable supervisors and managers on job sites and projects. They rarely train their employees and always under pay.
Mediocre Job with false hope. Potential is there if willing to travel a lot.
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 22, 2017
Not a bad job, and not a good job. Hours were not consistent. Some management was great, while others were greedy and didn't think through certain decisions that ultimately hurt the company pretty hard and lost all of our in shop hours.
Pros
Small shop with relatively flexible time management expectations
Cons
Inconsistent hours that kept getting less and less over time.