ACV Auctions
67Average

ACV Auctions Employee Reviews

United States66 reviews
Challenging and difficult work with OK pay and benefits
The field job has a lot of challenges and difficulties dealing with Dealers and what your manager wants you to do. Inspector position varies a lot due to what area you are in, how developed... ? Has a fair amount of stress in making sure you accurately inspect complete veh.and scan, and photos need to be close to perfect.. Must be willing to deal with outdoor conditions from 110 deg to freezing and snow. working in parking lots and other direct sun , and rain environments. You do have some scheduling flexibility, but acv is trying to turn it into computerized scheduling McDonalds environment, instead of professional , trusting environment. they claim they have good culture , but will fire you at the drop of a hat.
Amazing company culture
I cannot say enough great things about ACV! The company culture is amazing, starting with CEO George Chamoun and trickling down from there. A company focused on becoming a better way to buy and sell wholesale vehicles while striving to be the best company to work for. I would have never left and hope to someday return when the economy recovers.
Great company all around
It is a great culture and also innovate company with forward thinking people from top to bottom. Pay is great if you are willing to work hard. You work mostly independently.
great company for hard workers
I really enjoy ACV and believe in the company. ACV is changing the industry and if you work hard you reap the rewards. In the two years I worked there, I opened Illinois and Indiana and later, managed strategic accounts
Fun and productive work place
Great place to work where you will be involved in fun fast paced projects and have a good team and support system in place to execute your job at a high level.
Dealership
It was a great experience. You get to meet and talk to new people everyday. It was a well organized place to work completely remote. The main company is located in Buffalo NY. The president and CEO really care about there employees
Productive and busy.
I started this job striaght from school and it was a great starting place/stepping stone. I leanred many different skills while working fro ACV, my team and supervisor worked as a family. ACV is an amazing fast growing company that is changing in good ways to become a better auction daily.
I love ACV
I love ACV Auctions, the culture is one in a million. Not only do I love what I do but I love the team that I am working with as well. We are all not just a team but we are a family. This company is busy nonstop but if you put in the work then you can constantly succeed.
ACV Auctions
One of the best places I have worked so far. Senior leadership works to ensure all employees are satisfied with the work they are doing and are continuously looking to better the overall culture. Due to the growth, there is a lot of room for career advancement.
Territory Manager
ACV is all about teamwork, trust and transparency! We are changing the auto auction business every day. By far the best company that I have ever worked for!
Great company and career opportunities
ACV Auctions has created an incredible work environment and company culture. Every day brings something exciting and there is plenty of room to grow and advance. Everyone is friendly and management will always have your back. I only wish I applied here sooner!
Vehicle Condition Inspector
BEST company I have ever worked for! Job culture is amazing! Work/Life balance is well respected from management. TONS of opportunity for growth and relocation. If you are currently unhappy with your job, make the change, you will not be disappointed with ACV.
ACV is THE place to be!
The BEST people, product and culture are what makes ACV Auctions a great place to work!
Delivering our products and services as promised joined with our commitment to work together to be the BEST are the reasons we are disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry!
Best Place to Work!
ACV is the best company I’ve ever worked for. Everyone helps one another each day. The job environment far exceeds anywhere I’ve ever worked. I highly recommend checking out any positions that are available.
Territory Manager
Great place. This place is the mecca of online auctions. Pay and Benefits are very good. Hours and work are tedious. Expectations are slightly high but not unobtainable with long hours
Territory Manager
Great company to work for and have really enjoyed the first year. This company is truly an example of teamwork. All employees from all departments have the same goal.
Great, fun place to work
Upbeat culture, fast paced growing environment. Everyone is very welcoming. You need to be able to adjust to this culture. Fair wages and benefits for a new company.
Productive, fun, flexible work environment
ACV auctions a innovative forward thinking company to work for. It gives me the ability to structure my days and hours, in a way that works best for me and my family. ACV also allows me to develop relationships with dealers and dealer group in a way the opens new relationship opportunities. The hardest part of the job is building trust, the most enjoyable parts are my day to day job duties, that allows me to move around the city throughout the day, network, and meet to new people.
Joke..Run!
Unfortunately, this company is not as transparent as they preach. Sad but true. I understand the philosophy of trying to be consistent across the country (which would make sense)..but there are markets that are larger, more opportunities than others. Maybe, just maybe you tier the markets as a,b, and c...Largest being A. Medium being b etc...attach goals to the lettered markets to be FAIR!!!!! Some ONLY have large dealer groups that take longer to crack into vs the independently owned dealers. IF you would listen to the field vs only looking at the blueprint of Buffalo you wouldn't have as much turnover. The concept is great but creators might as well do it themselves if they won't listen to the field.
When you're about the 3rd territory manager in a new market (approx 18 months) you will then have a turn-key territory that the prior slaves mapped out for you. At that time you may be able to make money and hit all your goals.

If you're not drinking the kool-aid and kissing a** you won't be liked nor will you get support. Since when was a career a popularity contest?

SMH!!! Oh, if you're not related to the creators you won't get promoted. Lots of favoritism too. Stay away and don't waste your time!
March 5, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience and we're sorry to hear that it didn't line up with your expectations. ACV is committed to providing the best tools and resources for our field teammates, from very hands on Regional Sales Directors to a robust marketing team. Our executives and co-founders are making every effort to be accessible and regularly travel to territories across the country. As a young, high growth company, we are committed to continuous improvement and we take all feedback very seriously. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at reviews@acvauctions.com.
Not bad for a while
Increasing targets each month make for a stressful environment
Communication from upper management to field is slow

Culture is good

Bonus structure good the first few months then impossible to hit
March 5, 2020
Thank you for providing feedback. As a high growth, rapidly expanding company, ambitious sales targets are key to ACV's success. We're committed to continuous improvement for our customers and teammates.
We do our best to arm our employees with the tools they need, such as corporate cells phones and apps like Zoom, for rapid and smooth communication internally and across our many territories. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please reach out to us at reviews@acvauctions.com.
False promises in stated income and opportunities
Definitely needs improvement on people and processes.Upper management is based on whose your relative at the corporate office.Any advancement is given to family members with little or no talent.Numbers are inflated to show competition wrong direction of the company.
March 5, 2020
As we experience a high rate of growth, it's more important than ever to be fluid and flexible in order to quickly optimize and improve. ACV is built on trust and transparency and we remain committed to that mission as it relates to the sharing of information. We appreciate your feedback and if you'd like to discuss further, please reach out to us at reviews@acvauctions.com.